TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Something new at Canada's Wonderland for 2008

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is a hyper... I called a friend of mine today who works at Wonderland and they said from what they heard, it's a hyper for sure. Yeah, it's not exactly the best source lol (and definitely not to be too trusted hah), but it's all I can get now. I tried calling a manager who I know, but he wasn't there today (boo).

Anyways, how did you find all the pictures with the countdown info?

Definatly looks like a B&M Hyper. From the picture, it looks like it will start with an out and back segment, go into an MCBR, perform a Goliath-eqsue helix, then do another out and back segment at a 90 degree angle relative to the first half as the finale.

Am I missing something?

The picture seems quite meaningless to me because I haven't found anything about it in which there is an obvious relation to Canada's Wonderland... like where it came from. The address, files, or anything else doesn't seem to have any connection to the park. Unless I'm just missing something big.

Am I missing something?

The picture seems quite meaningless to me because I haven't found anything about it in which there is an obvious relation to Canada's Wonderland... like where it came from. The address, files, or anything else doesn't seem to have any connection to the park. Unless I'm just missing something big.

True, I'm also now wondering how/if you can prove any of these pics to be legitimate...

Am I missing something?

Go to the parks official website.

Look at the teaser images. Looks like it's setup to change as the project goes forward. Looks like someone just pulled all of the images that are posted to the site, but not linked.

Oh and about the "Canada has never seen this before" don't read too much into that. Cedar Fair's hype machine will spin anything as "new".

Maverick was hyped as being the first of it's kind, and yet nothing on that ride was new.

Plus, if Marineland can advertise Dragon Mountain as the worlds largest coaster, then Wonderland can advertise it's new coaster as "never seen before".

Oh and about the "Canada has never seen this before" don't read too much into that. Cedar Fair's hype machine will spin anything as "new".

Maverick was hyped as being the first of it's kind, and yet nothing on that ride was new.

Like they hyped up Firehawk as being something new, instead of a 6-year-old coaster with new paint?

Nothing was new on Maverick, but there are no other rides put together in quite the same way. Actually, what other rides use LSMs as a lift hill, instead of as a launch?

California screaming...from what I seen of it, maverick does the same thing instead it's in reverse (I think since I have never ridden CS). I think CS launches then lift hill and maverick lifts then launches.

California screaming...from what I seen of it, maverick does the same thing instead it's in reverse (I think since I have never ridden CS). I think CS launches then lift hill and maverick lifts then launches.

You're correct. I forgot about that hill on California Screamin'. There is a pretty big difference in execution though. On CS you grind to a near halt on that hill, maybe to increase the cycle time for capacity purposes, and are pushed up and over the top. With Maverick it feels more like being rocketed, as the speed seems to increase as you head towards the top. Basically you're thrown much harder into the drop on Maverick. But, yeah, same technology.

That's pretty much the reason CF uses to hype anything as "new".

I have to give them credit for being creative on this particular project. I'm very happy that they moved away from their stupid obsession with taller, faster coasters that don't do anything. Of course, this doesn't mean that they're doing something entirely new.