TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion Halloween Haunt info

"Something bigger, scarier and more sinister is coming to Kings Dominion. The Halloween Haunt is the area’s largest, scariest, Halloween-themed event. With seven all-new haunted mazes, four terror-filled scare zones and more than 200 monsters that go bump in the night – the Haunt is not for the faint of heart!"

That was posted on the website. Last year there were 4 mazes and 1 scare zone. Anymore info?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The names of the houses and scare zones and my guess of where they'll be located:

Houses

Alien Outpost - I'm guessing this will be located by Flight of Fear in a tent.

Blackbeard's Revenge - Most likely by water park.

Maze of Madness - In between the pizza place and Drop Zone.

BloodShed - In the Grizzly Arcade.

Blue Ridge Bloodbath - Antique Cars.

Freakshow in 3-D - Lazer Tag

Club Blood - International Street?

Scare Zones

Central Stalkway, Sleepy Central Stalkway, VooDoo Swamp, CarnEvil, Sleepy Hollow.

I was just guessing where the houses will be.

Question: Where are you getting this information? It's not posted on KD's Web site yet (aside from plans to include seven mazes and four scare zones). I'm just curious as to where you picked up the names of the new mazes.

I'm trying to work fear fest this yea.

What's better then getting paid to dress up and to scare people all day?

Oh yea!

One other thing.

I went yesterday, and i noticed some kind of building or something is being built inside the hurler layout, like inside the 2nd helix turn i believe.

Maybe that's going to be a haunted house?

But its going to be a perminate structure?

So I dunno.

^They've also started setting up the "Blue Ridge Bloodbath" car ride, too.

I didn't notice, I don't go on that ride much unless i'm with some family or something.

I didn't ride it, either (although it is a better-than-average car ride). But you can see the tombstones and stuff from the walkways around it.

That's weird that they would build a perminate building for a haunted house though. And if the entrance for that house is going to be the hurler entrance[i'm would assuming thats where the entrance for the line would be] are they going to close the hurler early when the haunted house opens or keep it closed or something? Not that the hurler is AMAZING, its still gives you really good air time, when i went it was funning FAST and painful, but full of airtime.

I don't think you can get to that new slab from the Hurler queue, so I'm guessing that the entrance will be elsewhere (but that's just my guess--maybe between Hurler and Hypersonic?).

^Pfft! They've had the "Maze of Madness" for years. It's an asylum in a tent (which would make for some security issues, I think). Of course, this could be an entirely new maze with the same name--but this seems improbable.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to work fear fest this yea.

What's better then getting paid to dress up and to scare people all day?...

Well said. You know what? I told my wife that if I could make the money I currently make (in I.T.) and be a scare actor year round, I'd do it in a heartbeat. She thought it was one of the stupidest things I've ever said. Scaring is just TOO much fun and can turn into an addiction.

You think I'm kidding? Wait til you do a full shift.