TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Cursed" Batman will take flight at SFFT in '08

Just throwing this out there...

Tidal Wave/Greased Lighting sat in the SFMW parking lot after being removed from (P)GA. So track @ SFFT doesn't necessarily mean the ride will be built there.

Yes, but wasn't that eventually scrapped?

I wish they would send B:TR to SFDK to replace the head bang master known as Kong.

SFDK sure could use another B&M. Besides, arent there already 2 currently operating BTR clones in Texas (Great White - SeaWorld & B:TR - SFOT)?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another employee told a member at SFFTnet:

"Well..............yes we have the ride, and it will be up next year as, GOLIATH."

While I welcome a paint scheme change, please, SF, don't ruin FT with "Goliath."

Also, in addition, the employee did say that the ride would most likely be added to the picnic grove area.

Didn't Shapiro say no more Goliaths when he toured SFOG back in '06:

Six Flags Over Georgia will unveil a mammoth ride this year: the $20 million Goliath, which was approved before Shapiro joined the company. He said flatly, "You won't see any more Goliaths."

Six Flags Over Georgia will unveil a mammoth ride this year: the $20 million Goliath, which was approved before Shapiro joined the company. He said flatly, "You won't see any more Goliaths."

That's more figurative. It doesn't specifically mean that ride name won't be used again, but what it means is that big new rides at Six Flags parks will be few and far between. But this one was already one their books, so they seem to be making good use of it.

That's more figurative. It doesn't specifically mean that ride name won't be used again, but what it means is that big new rides at Six Flags parks will be few and far between. But this one was already one their books, so they seem to be making good use of it.

Um, that was what you call a joke.

^ really? Do you make those alot?

I'm sort of confused by this for many reasons. 1. There are already atleast 2 BTR clones within a days drive of SFFT, why would shapiro put in another one? 2. Didnt SFFT already crack open a Gertslauer this past year? why doesnt Shapiro focus on adding inverts to other parks, lord knows there are parks that need expansions/"new" attractions.

I'm startin to think maybe Shapiro likes SFFT a little too much. Yes its pretty and has a good backdrop and blah blah blah; but hopefully he doesnt pour 15M a year JUST into SFFT. Otherwise they'll run into trouble with other parks...

Besides, Shapiro may underestimate the GP, some of them are bound to catch on that SFFT is getting nothing more than a clone of a ride an hour away

You know, whenever I'm standing in line for any random ride at any random Six Flags park, I consistently hear people compare rides that have the same names. Especially ones named after superheros. Most seem to think the rides are the same if they have the same name. If it is called B:TR then I'm sure they would know it is the same ride as the one at SFOT. If they decide on Goliath, the GP will think it is the same ride at SFOG or SFMM. I've even heard comment that 2 entirely different rides were the same because they have the same color.

Does it really matter where the coaster goes as long as it is saved and put back into operation again.

Any new pic's of SFNO destruction after the waters left and dried up..?

Here is a link to some pics of SFNO. You might have seen them already but just in case you havent, here they are.

http://interthemepark.shutterfly.com...176604469 030

Texitan, please do remember that SFFT only has 7 coaster while the other SF parks all have atleast 12 coasters (except SFNE?).

It's also being reported that survey markers are showing up on the location behind THBS. I'll be at SFFT on Thursday and will see if anything's up.

Texitan, please do remember that SFFT only has 7 coaster while the other SF parks all have atleast 12 coasters (except SFNE?)

Uh. Try to think things out and do a little self-informing before going off like that...

Six Flags St. Louis has 8 coasters.

Six Flags America has 9 coasters.

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom has 7 coasters.

Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom has 7 coasters.

Six Flags New England has 9 coasters.

Six Flags Over Georgia has 11 coasters.

You were saying?...

why doesnt Shapiro focus on adding inverts to other parks, lord knows there are parks that need expansions/"new" attractions.

I'm startin to think maybe Shapiro likes SFFT a little too much. Yes its pretty and has a good backdrop and blah blah blah; but hopefully he doesnt pour 15M a year JUST into SFFT. Otherwise they'll run into trouble with other parks...

Name me one Six Flags park that doesn't already have an inverted roller coaster in operation right now. Not counting The Great Escape, as they are currently in the process of having the ride approval and zoning for the Astroworld SLC.

I only count one: Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

Every Six Flags park aside from Fiesta Texas is already home to a Vekoma or B&M inverted coaster.

Doesn't matter if it's a clone; or close to another ride similar to it; 'cause honestly, who REALLY cares? Where else would it make more sense to put this ride? Tearing out any SLC at another Six Flags park to put a Batman in its place isn't a good business move, so the suggestion that it should go to Kentucky Kingdom, Discovery Kingdom, or America is out the window.

Sorry about that post, it was an immature move of lazily copying what another has said elsewhere.

Still, SFFT generally has less coasters and that's my point. Like you said, more specifically, it's the only one without an invert.

^It is the only SF branded park that does not have an invert, and the two non branded parks have or can soon build one too.

Fiesta Texas does deserve a new major coaster since it seems to have been deprived of any major attractions(excluding Big Spin) since 2001.(to my knowledge) Now a custom invert would be great especially with the quarry walls, but I don't think Six Flags is ready to shell out 20 million on a custom invert. A Batman: The Ride is a good coaster, and it will do well at the park. Just because there is one an hour away, and one just down the road does not mean it shouldn't be built. For those who say it should go to replace a SLC, why would SF spend more money than they have to? The GP will not care that a SLC was replaced with a B&M, and why would SF pay to remove the SLC(and build Batman) when they can build Batman at Fiesta Texas? So to you San Antonio locals, just be happy you are getting another "new" coaster, and to those who live near a SLC, enjoy the pain. Sorry if I sound like an @$$, but there is no logical business reason to remove a SLC and replace it with a B&M.

Exactly, and those that will notice will not care because they will be happy that their home park got another coaster. Those that will care are are probably some coaster enthusiast upset it was not custom, did not go to replace a SLC, and that they can ride the same coaster at two other parks in the state. It is really not a big deal, and if you do not want to ride it, then do not ride it.

• 3 weeks later...

A few markers have been found behind THBS, and more supports have been spotted behing the theatre in the park. Other than that, nothing new has really hapenned.

Hopefully, if the ride is being constructed, we will see signs of such during Holiday in the Park.