TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Cursed" Batman will take flight at SFFT in '08

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well another employee told a member at SFFTnet:

"Well..............yes we have the ride, and it will be up next year as, GOLIATH."

While I welcome a paint scheme change, please, SF, don't ruin FT with "Goliath."

Also, in addition, the employee did say that the ride would most likely be added to the picnic grove area.

^I'd take that with a pinch of salt, especially coming from a park employee.

While it's almost certain that the park is getting this ride, I wouldn't hold much on any rumours coming from those people not directly involved with the construction of the ride.

Shockwave, while I would generaly agree with you, this is the second employee to say that the ride is going up...so it's not like the rumor was a one-time occurance.

Well the combination of my boredom and love for SFFT has led me to created 2 diagrams showing off a possible location for Batman/Goliath/whatever they want to call it. Thanks for Keith at SFFT for providing the sattelite pic with the BTR layout outline. 2nd pic comes from LonestarThrills.com.

Thoughts?

Shockwave, while I would generaly agree with you, this is the second employee to say that the ride is going up...so it's not like the rumor was a one-time occurance.

Wow, two whole people! I'm with Tom, let's not count our chickens before they hatch.

Just throwing this out there...

Tidal Wave/Greased Lighting sat in the SFMW parking lot after being removed from (P)GA. So track @ SFFT doesn't necessarily mean the ride will be built there.

I'd actually like to see the ride named "Goliath", I wouldn't be surprised seeing how SFOT has the same ride with the same name, marketting will push it as Goliath, maybe with a new paint scheme and the people will eat it up and never know it's just another BTR. We'll just have to see what happens here.

I know that SF is in financial ruin but I just am tired of BTR. That was the first of its kind and when i rode it at SFMM the first year, I thought there was nothing in the world that could top it, but since I have ridden ALPHENGHEIST, BTR is a kiddie coaster to me. It IS fun but too short. They need to paint it a funky color and heavily theme it like GOLIATH at SFMM. They need a whole lot of trees. That is what SFFT lacks are trees. All n All I am glad they are getting a new coaster to add to the collection of weak coasters. It makes a trip there kinda not so disappointing because they are really lacking in thrills and the rides they do have seem like carnival rides.

I was commenting more in reference to what the name of the ride is gonna be. That's gonna way out of reach of anyone who cleans the bins at the moment.

At the moment it's easy to put the evidence together, but there's been no official press release, and no fuss made by the park announcing a new ride for next year.

Very true^.

I agree that the Goliath name would be pretty dumb in this situation, and like it has been said, Batman and the new movie are as popular as ever. However, if the ride is placed in either the Boardwalk or Picnic Grove in the Mexican section of the park, then I think it would be very out of place as either name (assuming the ride is built in the park). Still I think that since an employee told me that SFFT would be getting batman for '08 MONTHS ago, I just can't imagine that not hapenning. It's probaly just that I love SFFT and BTR's too.

On that note, Almightyfire, Alpengeist felt like a kiddy ride to me when compared to BTR. Alpengeist was fairly weak and was just way too stretched out for my liking. BTR is non-stop action.

I just love terrain coasters. BTR is just too isolated to me. I just dont like coasters that sit on one acre of land and twists within itself. Alphengheist is just the only inversted coaster I have ridden that goes to more than one spot and it isnt only 1 min long and it is taller than 100ft, but that is a matter of taste. I just get bored with the same coaster over and over like I do my men hahaha.