TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Cursed" Batman will take flight at SFFT in '08

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again track arriving doesn't mean anything. I'm not saying it WON'T be built, but nothing is firm until there is construction activity, even then, until you see testing, nothing is 100%.

Don't forget in 2000, they were installing both Superman and the Boardwalk Canyon Blaster .. both were announced in a press release, both placed on the map for the 2000 season. Track arrived for both rides and track sat and sat for Boardwalk Canyon Blaster through the 2001 season when it was shipped off to Madrid for use in the Warner Bros park out there.

So take this with a grain of salt. They could be storing it .. they could be using SFFT's maintenance department to do rehab on track sections. SFOT does alot of rehab for other parks .. like the spillwater ride that went to Enchanted Village, Serial Thriller trains from SFAW.

I still would ask the same question in that situation...why Fiesta Texas? Like I said, the ride has already been in storage for a year!! During that time I sure it has received plenty of rehab work.

Six Flags said they were going to send Batman to another SF park and SFFT is the only one without an Invert.

Perfect little paragraph in your post Derek...it kinda sums up everything I've been trying to say!

Again track arriving doesn't mean anything. I'm not saying it WON'T be built, but nothing is firm until there is construction activity, even then, until you see testing, nothing is 100%.

Very true, Ultra Twister's track has been stored at SFA for several years now with no sign of the ride being built any time soon... though I think the lack of rebuilding the ride has more to do with the condition of the track/trains when the ride arrived at SFA...

Very true, Ultra Twister's track has been stored at SFA for several years now with no sign of the ride being built any time soon... though I think the lack of rebuilding the ride has more to do with the condition of the track/trains when the ride arrived at SFA...

What about Batman The Escape which is sitting at Darien Lake? Or Serial Thriller that is sitting at Great Escape? Or Greezed Lightnin' from Great America that went to SFDK just to be used as scrap parts at SFKK?

I'm not convinced that it's going in until it's announced and being built.

Isn't Serial Thriller being erected at Great Escape for next year? I do remember hearing that.

However, wouldn't BTR have been shipped directly to SFFT from SFNO if it was just for storage? Since it was taken to Ohio to be restored, and now to Fiesta Texas, I can only imagine that it will be erected. Also, if you read my first post, and employee told me a few MONTHS ago that SFFT would be getting Batman for the '08 season, before any track was spotted or anything. Now that the track is here, why would I not believe him?

Again .. plans change, even as dumb as most GP is, the same ride exists less than 15miles away and 5hrs north.

Granted this won't stop SF from throwing a cheap ride in to hopefully bring in more cash, but dumb move none-the-less.

Wait for an announcement, construction and physical ride opening ... the only thing that will guarantee the ride is going to open is physical construction and sometimes that isn't even a 100% guarantee

Excuse my annoyance, but why does everyone think this move is so "dumb?"

Isn't it OK that SWSA and SFFT both have log flumes? Or what about their raft rides? Or Splashdown boats? I just don't get why anything other than SFFT matters in this case...

SFFT deserves something 10x better than a lame Batman clone. They deserve a custom invert. It sucks that its being moved there...even though the parks cater to different audiences, they will tell. People around here knew that Wicked Twister was a modified Superman: The Ultimate Escape.

Name me ONE Six Flags park that has a custom B&M inverted coaster.

And then name me one good reason why the debt-ridden company should shell out some $15 million on a new ride when they can just move an old one, repaint it, and market it as new.

Please. Six Flags Fiesta Texas doesn't "deserve" anything.

Just be happy AstroWorld's Serial Thriller didn't make its way over to San Antonio. Then you'd really have something to b*tch about.

Isn't it OK that SWSA and SFFT both have log flumes? Or what about their raft rides? Or Splashdown boats? I just don't get why anything other than SFFT matters in this case...

Let's see .. Arrow flume vs OD Hopkins super flume .. my 15mth old brother can tell the difference between those .. SWSA doesn't have a splash down boat .. they have Journey to Atlantis which is similar, but different.

Rapids rides are a dime-a-dozen, like log flumes .. even small family parks have these, but these are ALWAYS popular with families since everyone pretty much can ride these, unlike BTR.

The State Fair of Texas is about the same distance from SFOT and they have changed their plans to install a B&M Inverted due to the similarity to BTR there .. they have adjust plans for a Mack Water Coaster, Woodie and another steel coaster in the future. And like SFFT and SWSA, they draw different "styles" of crowds, but they are the same.

SFFT, SWSA, State Fair and SFOT all draw alot of families now, hence why "BIG" thrill rides are not a good investment at this point for SF, draw more people, more families ... they can have a good time together .. hence Tony Hawk's installation and what a smart move that was.

I think it is great that Fiesta Texas is building a "new coaster", and a Batman clone fits in better there than an SLC. Fiesta Texas looks like an amazing park, and for Six Flags to be putting in the care that they are, it can only get better. While some enthusiasts might complain that it is a clone, there is one 15 miles away, and it is a bad business move, just be happy one of your home parks is getting a new coaster. If you don't want to ride it, then don't ride it, simple as that. People go to Sea World and Fiesta Texas for two different reasons, and they probably will not care(or notice) that is a clone. Now I'm not saying the GP is stupid, since there will be those who will notice they are the same, but the GP will just be happy another coaster is being built.

Again .. plans change, even as dumb as most GP is, the same ride exists less than 15miles away and 5hrs north.

Granted this won't stop SF from throwing a cheap ride in to hopefully bring in more cash, but dumb move none-the-less.

Wait for an announcement, construction and physical ride opening ... the only thing that will guarantee the ride is going to open is physical construction and sometimes that isn't even a 100% guarantee

Good Point.

I think it is great that Fiesta Texas is building a "new coaster", and a Batman clone fits in better there than an SLC. Fiesta Texas looks like an amazing park, and for Six Flags to be putting in the care that they are, it can only get better. While some enthusiasts might complain that it is a clone, there is one 15 miles away, and it is a bad business move, just be happy one of your home parks is getting a new coaster. If you don't want to ride it, then don't ride it, simple as that. People go to Sea World and Fiesta Texas for two different reasons, and they probably will not care(or notice) that is a clone. Now I'm not saying the GP is stupid, since there will be those who will notice they are the same, the GP will just be happy another coaster is being built.

Quoted for truth...I agree with everything you said.

I was hoping this thread would be able to exist without controversy, but I guess it was unavoidable. Thanks for focusing on the positives A&G!

Let's try to focus on the ride at SFFT guys, and not Great White...it's just another coaster at another NON-SF park.

What was the "Boardwalk Canyon Blaster", as stated a few pages back?

I believe it was a coaster that appeared on the SFFT map once, but was never built. It was supossed to be a Zierer. Here's a picture. You can see the Canyon Blaster on the left.

WRONG!

Well guess what, I go to SFFT every summer and SFOT every few summers. I have never been to Marineland or whateva it is called and don't want to.

Batman would be a great edition to SFFT in my opinion and i would enjoy riding it everytime i visit.

There.

It is my belief that SFFT didn't have to "purchse" BTR from SFNO, as both parks are owned by the same company.

cpfan, why would the ride be shipped to Fiesta Texas just to be stored? The ride was already in storage for a year and it would make absolutely NO sense to move the ride all the way to Texas just for storage. Plus it is being reported that track is actually laying INSIDE the actual park in the same area as SKC's track was kept when shipped...it's not the track is just on the ground surrounding the actual park.

-Jake

The ride was actually removed December 2006

Because they think everyone will either go to SFoT or SeaWorld to ride. One thing they always forget is that people from deep south texas will go to San Antonio before they drive 5 more hours to Dallas. People from far west Texas would probably do the same. Main thing to think about: TEXAS IS A BIG STATE!!!!!

SFFT deserves something 10x better than a lame Batman clone. They deserve a custom invert. It sucks that its being moved there...even though the parks cater to different audiences, they will tell. People around here knew that Wicked Twister was a modified Superman: The Ultimate Escape.

Name me ONE Six Flags park that has a custom B&M inverted coaster.

And then name me one good reason why the debt-ridden company should shell out some $15 million on a new ride when they can just move an old one, repaint it, and market it as new.

Please. Six Flags Fiesta Texas doesn't "deserve" anything.

Just be happy AstroWorld's Serial Thriller didn't make its way over to San Antonio. Then you'd really have something to b*tch about.

The reason why I SAID that was because no other Six Flags park has an invert. CLones. The whole chain is full of them. I could care less if they got an SLC. There's already an awesome SLC and a great CUSTOM invert just an hour away.