TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

"Cursed" Batman will take flight at SFFT in '08

Ths topic is no longer a rumor, so therefore it deserves it's own topic for discussion.

Guess what guys...SFNO's BTR is all but officially confirmed for Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Trucks of peices have been showing up at Six Flags over the last week and we finally have some visual evidence of it...the pic is crappy, but I should be able to go take some high quality pics sometime VERY soon. Anyways:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e318/schooledya2003/

Other than various anonymous sources confirming the ressurection of Batman, an employee told me a few weeks ago that they were just told Fiesta Texas was getting "Batman from the closed Six Flags." I guess he was really right!

Woo! High g's and snappy corks for me!

-Jake, who will provide updates as much as possible!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Batman is a total disapiontment compared to the Krypton Coaster. They should have given it to a park that really needs it, Like SFKK. They could buldoze T2, and put Batman up in its place. Besides, Fiesta Texas just got a new coaster. Kentucky Kingdom could really use a reason to distract people from the drop ride accident.

Ok, here comes the defense party...

A) Sea World caters to a completely different audience than SFFT does. I have friends that go with me to SFFT and LOVE coasters...yet they have never gone to SWSA.

B) SFFT could care less. The fact that the ride is different colors, is taller, and is mirrored should be enough to fool the GP.

C) SF can market BTR as a brand new ride without having to spend a ton of money, as they only have to pay for transportation and erection. Batman is also a really good theme nowadays, with the new movie coming out. Last but not least, SFFT needs and invert, and BTR is almost as good as it gets.

^Have you been on SKC? BTR is almost as good as a ride IMO...BTR has awesome speeds and pacing, very strong forces, and snappy inversions like no new B&M's have. The only reason I would ride SKC over BTR is the location, the helix, and the airtime.

^Have you been on SKC? BTR is almost as good as a ride IMO...BTR has awesome speeds and pacing, very strong forces, and snappy inversions like no new B&M's have. The only reason I would ride SKC over BTR is the location, the helix, and the airtime.

No, but as far as the GP is concerned, its just a downsized version of a similar ride, with inverted track. I know their not the same, but Batman is so small, and Superman is so huge. I don't think the GP will buy it. Lucky for Batman, it's really is a Kick-Ass coaster!

On the other hand, the inverted ride is very much a different experience from the floorless ride, and both of the rides have incredibly different attributes.

The links in the first post have been fixed.

And since this post, it is being reported that track is being stored INSIDE the park, not on the grounds, and at the same place SKC's track was stored.

You and me both CF^.

One last update from me...I will most likely get to the park on Friday, as im booked tomorrow. I hope they don't cover up the track before then.

SFFT deserves something 10x better than a lame Batman clone. They deserve a custom invert. It sucks that its being moved there...even though the parks cater to different audiences, they will tell. People around here knew that Wicked Twister was a modified Superman: The Ultimate Escape.

I'm having trouble understanding why people are hating on BTR! BTR is one of B&M's best creations IMHO. It has tremendous forces that gives even myself tunnel vision, and the pacing for such a small ride is remarkable, as the snappy elements don't cuase the train to loose much speed.

-Jake, who'd take a BTR clone over any ride at SFMM (ok, besides tatsu, only one I haven't been on).

To all the naysayers who bring up proximity to Great White... people won't care. Enthusiasts know the difference, but the general public won't. The general public often can't tell when two rides are actually different. Ask a casual park-goer if they can even tell B&M track from Arrow or Intamin or Premier. Plus, I know dozens of people who have lived in San Antonio for years and haven't been to SeaWorld since they started adding coasters. They're stunned to hear that it's more than just Shamu.

This is nothing but good news and a good move for SFFT. You have to keep in mind the big picture, and that is that both SeaWorld and SFFT are moving toward operating almost year-round. In order to attract guests in November and December, you need to have attractions. SeaWorld has the benefit of being an aquatic park first, then a thrill/show/waterpark next. Fiesta Texas is just a theme/waterpark, and it's one that had a major drought between coasters. This is definitely going to nudge SFFT into being one of the bigger players in the industry now.

I love the BTR clones but I still think it's weird now there's 2 BTRs at SFD parks in Texas and that Great White is so close, but you make a good point that the GP won't care. Parks build SLCs hours from eachother and people still eat it up.

Maybe the ride will have a unique name, and maybe dressed up a little different.

As much as I'd love to see a new theme, I doubt it will happen. The new Batman movie comes out next summer and supposedly it is as popular as ever. The track is also still Batman colors, and I doubt anything regarding such would be changed once the coaster peices are completely settled at Fiesta Texas.

Good news for SFFT! The park looks great already, and with this new addition it looks like it may be competing for one of the best SF parks! As far as people complaining, I look forward to riding a Batman clone than alot of the other B&M inverts out there. From what I hear, it's one of the most forceful inverts out there, and I haven't seen many forceful ones poping up lately. Good for you, SFFT! S:KC looks awesome, too!

- J "Didn't SFKK just get some amazing state-of-the-art waterslide?" Z

You all are all pouncing on the fact it is there meaning it is going to be erected. What if it is just stored? On another note, the ride was built above water with support extensions, how funky would that look on dry land? And a lot of Sea World employees who are not coaster enthusiasts have heard about this and hate the idea. On top of that some Six Flags employees even think its a bad move.

--David

without having to spend a ton of money, as they only have to pay for transportation and erection. Batman is also a really good theme nowadays, with the new movie coming out. Last but not least, SFFT needs and invert, and BTR is almost as good as it gets.

It has been stated time and time again that Six Flags parks run themeselves and buy rides without input or funding from the head of the chain. Even rides relocated from other parks in the chain are purchased, not simply shipped there. Unless this is a special case because of everything happening with SFNO, SFFT bough this ride from SFNO, it wasn't just brought over for nothing but the price of shipping.

It is my belief that SFFT didn't have to "purchse" BTR from SFNO, as both parks are owned by the same company.

cpfan, why would the ride be shipped to Fiesta Texas just to be stored? The ride was already in storage for a year and it would make absolutely NO sense to move the ride all the way to Texas just for storage. Plus it is being reported that track is actually laying INSIDE the actual park in the same area as SKC's track was kept when shipped...it's not the track is just on the ground surrounding the actual park.

-Jake

Because SFNO is closed that is why! If they sold the land or anything like that, I don't think they can store a ride there.

Or better yet they moved it here to just get all the enthusiasts' panties in a bunch and see what happens.

--David

Looks like it'll be a good addition. Those Batman inverted coasters are great rides, and this park hasn't got an inverted coaster yet.

Even if people can tell the difference, are they really gonna give a monkeys either way? As long as they have a good day, that is all that matters.

I'm all for SFFT getting the Batman clone. I think Batmen are some of B&Ms best coasters, and are a lot more forceful, intense, and fun than most of B&Ms latest inverts (and their other styles too!). As far as the GP telling it's the same thing, I'm sure they will, but even if it was a custom design or a Raptor clone, they'd say "this is the same as that one at SeaWorld". Face it, the GP is stupid, but it doesn't matter. People will go to SFFT for a different atmosphere than SeaWorld, usually SeaWorld attracts more people who want to see fish first, rides second. Six Flags has no animals so they attract more for the rides first, shows second. Only now, they won't have to head to SeaWorld just to ride an invert. Besides, this is a mirror image Batman, so it's a little different than the other 2 in the state.