TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Is Sea World's Journey to Atlantis a credit?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody has different criteria on what is a credit and what is not. For me, it has to coaster up a hill on stored energy and run on rails (this would technically disqualify a lot of rides that other people consider coasters).

For the CF ridelist, I like to try to include everthing and then let people make the decision for themselves. I changed Dudley to a coaster because the ride actually has two different moments where it drops and then coasts back up a "dry" hill on rails. That is one more than Dive to Atlantis which even RCDB classifies as a coaster.

Everybody has different criteria on what is a credit and what is not. For me, it has to coaster up a hill on stored energy and run on rails (this would technically disqualify a lot of rides that other people consider coasters).

So you would count the Splash Mountains?

Last time I went on Splash Mountain at WDW, I noticed a coaster element in the dark where there was a large drop, a hill, then the splash.

I guess I'd count it.

That is where it gets kind of weird. Splash Mountain definately has a "coaster" type element (the part where it drops and coasts uphill in the dark), but the ride is primarily a flume ride ... wait ... so is Dudley.

I am so confused!

I guess that my basis for Dudley is Dive to Atlantis and the fact that it is manufactured by Mack (who also made all the Atlantis rides and Dudley). I would be VERY interested to see what that Splash Mountain drop really looks like.

IMO its whatever your first impression of the ride is and what the ride is mostly about, not the technical features (eg whether has wheels, track and gravity). So stuff like splash mountain I wouldn't count all all because its not like you get off and think "wow what a fun coaster" Its got a section like a roller coaster, but that doesn't make the ride an actual coaster.

Something I always think of as a good rule of thumb is that a member of the GP would have to recognise the ride as a roller coaster for it to be a "credit".

Oh, as for the topic, all the versions of the journey to Atlantis rides seem like coasters more than anything else.

Orlando and San Diego's are credits, but I don't think that San Antonio's has enough coaster track to make it anything more than a glorified "chute the chutes".

BTW, Splash and Dudley's are definetly LOG FLUMES, not coasters, and therefore, not credits.