TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official Barry Bonds Thread

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all make me laugh.

Bonds has never tested positive for steroids, and if he was taking them before testing began then it wasn't illegal anyways!!

Congrats to Barry! Hopefully he breaks it soon so Sportscenter and whatnot will concentrate on winning teams.

^...And OJ Simpson was found not guilty.

He's a douchebag. And a cheater. He never tested positive because the HGH he was taking wasn't able to be detected until a fews ago (only after a sample was anonmously turned into the US anti-doping agency). That's why it was known as "the clear."

Bonds get more sh*t because he's a douchebag and a cheater. Gaylord Perry threw a spitball his whole career. No one cared.

I remember watching the McGwire/Sosa season going after Marris and that was a lot of fun to follow. I even saw McGwire break it on TV, but since Bonds broke it about 4-5 years later it just isn't as big of a deal. I was much more impressed when Ichiro of the Mariners broke George Sisler's single season Hits record that was over 80 years old. I will also be much more impressed if anyone can break Pete Rose's career hits record.

If Bonds didn't actually do it (which I believe he did) then the negative outlook that has been placed on him was done by his own personality of being a prick. He has this whole attitude of "I am so f***ing great, and you all can kiss my a**" While others like Ripkin and Gwynn never carried that kind of attitude. Even Derek Jeter, who I personally can't stand and think is overrated (but that is just me in denial since he is a good player) has a much greater respect for the game.

Bonds get more sh*t because he's a douchebag and a cheater.

the douchebag part I can understand but people aren't saying that his record is tainted because of that...

The reason he gets so much scrutiny is because he is such a huge douchebag. Fans/sportswriters/etc. would all be much more forgiving towards him if he wasn't such an asshole his whole career.

I'd still always hate him because he is a Giant, but I am sure a lot more people would be willing to overlook the obvious if he was an "ambassador" to game, always friendly to the press and fans, etc.

Go Barry!!!!

1. It wasn't illegal at the time

2. No one cared after the baseball strike when McGuire was putting people in the seats for his HR record.

3. You worship them, give them millions of dollars, expect them to be perfect and then you bash them for trying to get a little edge. And i do mean little, you still have a split second to hit the ball out of the ball park.

4. Americas Romantic view of sports is done, get over it. This like many other things just reflect our culture.

This has become an overrated record anyway. When someone hits safely in 57 consecutive games, then I'll take notice.

When someone throws 60 consecutive scoreless innings i'll take notice

P.S. I wonder if he was nice like McGuire and White like McGuire if he would get as much garbage.

P.S. I wonder if he was nice like McGuire and White like McGuire if he would get as much garbage.

Funny, I don't remember McGuire being the media darling he once was. He's not getting the same amount of "garbage" because........he's NOT playing anymore.

Oh yeah, and the "white" issue you speak of.....irrelevant in this case.

Funny, I don't remember McGuire being the media darling he once was. He's not getting the same amount of "garbage" because........he's NOT playing anymore.

In the immortal words of Mr. McGuire, "Let's not talk about the past."

Barry is, has, and always will be a SOB.

Baseball and hitting the ball isn't about strength, its about timing. You need to watch it and wait for the right one. If anything, steroids will ruin the way your brain works. Your vision, hand eye coordination, and reaction time. So even if you could hit it really far, if you can't hit it or hit it straight, your worthless.

^But if you already had the ability to make contact, steriods would provide the extra muscle needed to hit the ball far and make contact.

Exactly.

I personally will be watching him go for the record, but more for history's sake than because I give two shits about him as a player. He comes off as a complete prick, talks down to everyone, from what I've heard is a piss-poor teammate and always has a "me first" attitude, will not hesitate to put the blame for his problems on another person, coach, or teammate, etc etc.

If he was a nice guy and still had all these steroid shenanigans surrounding him, people would be more forgiving - not likely to completely ignore the accusations of steroid use/abuse, but more likely to forgive him for it.

But he's not a nice guy, so this is all moot anyway.

He'll break it tomorrow night.

I guess how I look at it is that how can some performance-enhancing things be tolerated -- for instance, weight training -- while taking steroids is such an offense, especially when it wasn't illegal until just a couple years ago.

And, more importantly, why Congress has taken time to address this in the mainstream is just incredulous.

^But if you already had the ability to make contact, steriods would provide the extra muscle needed to hit the ball far and make contact.

The steriods would affect your brain and muscles. The muscles would get stronger but your brain cells will die, and your contact will get worse. The more you do it, the more you coulden't hit the ball. Also, he never failed a drug test, these no proof of him doing it.

And so what if hes an A**hole, that has been stated from about every single person whose posted in this topic. Okay we get it, Barry Bonds is the biggest A**hole alive. So what.

Why congress is even addressing it is beyond me. Aren't there more important things to be worrying about instead of a game?

Baseball and hitting the ball isn't about strength, its about timing. You need to watch it and wait for the right one. If anything, steroids will ruin the way your brain works. Your vision, hand eye coordination, and reaction time. So even if you could hit it really far, if you can't hit it or hit it straight, your worthless.

Exactly, the roids make them recover quicker after a long game the night before. Now everyone is making him out to be the anti-christ as if no other ball player is on the stuff.

Why congress is even addressing it is beyond me.

Um, perhaps it's because the distribution and possession of human growth hormone for any use other than the treatment of a disease or other recognized medical condition, and pursuant to the order of a physician is illegal.

Congress usually has a certain interest in hot button illegal activities concerning the well being of the nation's citizens. Strange, but true.

Aren't there more important things to be worrying about instead of a game?

Ask the parents of thousands of teenage athletes who have been affected by steroid use from emulating these ignorant juice boxes. The issue, I'm afraid, is even larger than Barry's 'roid-inflated head.