TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mary and I had a good time meeting up with the mid-west peeps yesterday. Kennywood is a great park, one of the best in the US, and Mary actually got coaster credits (almost all of her credits are at out of the US parks). Too bad I couldn't meet up with the trip more (stupid deer!), but it was cool to at least spend a day with you all.

dt

It was great meeting up with the group at Kennywood on Saturday--and getting together with some of the TPR UK Trip veterans again. This was my first visit to Kennywood--that park is awesome! I'll post a TR in a day or two.

This is MAMA TEX, Charlie's mom. I'm a little worried about him returning to a normal life, where there is only a car to drive and no roller coasters rides in the near future. Only his Senior Year of High School.

How should I prepare for his return? Should I line up some garbage cans, purchase a donkey, record some ear piercing screams, steal some dorky looking statues to put in his room? Help! I know he had a blast and thanks to all for a great trip. Please share any advice for post-morteum TPR trips...

Robb and Elissa, I hope one day to meet you guys.

Mama Tex.

On top of that we were able to get ERT at Kennywood where we were not able at GL.

Yes but you can get ERT anytime at GL on the ride side of the park. There is rarely ever a crowd on that side... all the ERT that you can stand without it actually BEING an ERT event. lol!

On top of that we were able to get ERT at Kennywood where we were not able at GL.

Yes but you can get ERT anytime at GL on the ride side of the park. There is rarely ever a crowd on that side... all the ERT that you can stand without it actually BEING an ERT event. lol!

Yeah, when i went back in July, I had ridden everything within an hour and a half. Dominator never had a train more than half full that day.

It was great meeting up with you guys at KI today! I saw Wes, Jahan, and some other guys I recognized from the site leaving the park when I was coming in...and I saw Robb filming from Racer's exit when I was racing with Chuck and some other guys I kiiinda recognized. Got on Drop Zone and Delirium with Casey and friends! And I finally got to meet up with James and Jow! Nice meeting all you guys, wish I could have stayed longer. Sorry I missed everyone else, KI is a big park and everyone broke up into small groups.

Annnndd for those who don't know, I am this guy!

dscn3244ce7.thumb.jpg.f155ada67b5262a142a9bc56d10e3557.jpg

Hey,

Just got done meeting up with TPR at King's Island and earlier at Stricker's Grove (with a side trip to Wonderpark for Boa Squeeze!). Fun was had by all, Losing Joe's cell phone, Getting stuck after BREAKING Face/Off!!!! And A night ride on Beast to boot! I've definitely got to get something good on my boss so I can blackmail him into getting me more time off to take a TPR trip next year!

-James Dillaman

So we're now sitting around the couches in the lobby, having hit PKI today. Park was brilliant today with much shorter lines than anticipated, meaning most of the group went to Stricker's Grove having gained their credits early on. Highlights of the day were definitely Firehawk which was a heap of fun - then night rides on The Beast once its line had emptied of the public after closing. It ran through the darkened trees brilliantly fast and everyone stayed on for two rides.

Tomorrow most of us are flying out. It's been a fantastic trip and passed by way too quickly... Robb & Elissa have done a great job organising the large group so thanks to them.l

here is, however, an unofficial Midwest Trip 'add-on day' tomorrow (13th) at PKI with WillMontu, Jon, myself, Evan, Dave Madore and Jen (enjen) going. We'll be getting to the park around noon. Anyone wanting to meet up, contact me on my cell: +61 448009801. That's an Australian mobile but I'll be the one that is billed.

Have taken a heap of photos (many of which I've given Robb) but will post when back in Australia in a couple of days - Internet access being kinda sporadic - and also did heaps of video including a bunch of POVs and off-rides featuring trip members.

Well I'm gathering my stuff to head back to Miami in a few hours; and even though I'm exhausted, coaster-bruised and my feet blisters are finally healing, I've had one of the best times ever!

A big thank you to Robb and Elissa for everything!!! You guys outdid yourselves! It was truly great meeting you both and hopefully I can be part of another trip next year.

I guess when I get back I can really work on my my Midwest TPR thread. I have to get around to posting my good statue and TPR member credits!

Terry

Sammi and I had such a blast yesterday and it was great getting to meet all of you that we did. I was glad that my husband was able to join us at Strickers, so he could get an idea of what "getting credits" is all about. It made it a little easier to explain why his daughter came home $8 richer from Kings Island last night. (Jay... Samantha wants you to know she will remember you and will collect her $2 from you in the future!)

Robb and Elissa... you guys are awesome! and you have been blessed with the cutest little "kissy cheeked" baby!

Thanks to everyone for sharing a part of your trip with us. We hope you enjoyed your day yesterday at our home park. Have a safe trip home and rest up!

The Disneygurlz... Shari and Sammi

Like a lot of people now, I'm sitting around waiting to leave for the airport after the most amazing holiday I've ever had!! I really didn't imagine it being so so good!! Everyone has to do a TPR trip, I have so many fantastic memories!!! Ugh I'll get upset AGAIN now sat in this hotel lobby but the tears are just showing how much I didn't want this trip to end like many I'm sure

Thanks to everyone who made it sooo amazing!! and also thanks to Robb n Elissa for arranging the whole thing so awesomely!!!

Welcome back all of you. Hope you had a safe travel from your trip to wherever you live at... the alley, the gas station, in front of your computer, anywhere!

I can't wait to read your trip reports everyone! I am resizing all my pictures from my trip at 7 parks in and around the smokies and some of it overlay with your trip but on a different day. I'm already planning my next trip to Six Flags Great America next month and hit Kings Island again and Cedar Point in one weekend in October! Anyone interested joining along the October Trip?

This updates has motivated me to sign up for East Coast TPR Trip! I can't wait!

I was glad that my husband was able to join us at Strickers, so he could get an idea of what "getting credits" is all about. It made it a little easier to explain why his daughter came home $8 richer from Kings Island last night.

This is absolutely hysterical! I can see it now ... Sammi riding Taxi Jam over and over and over and collecting the money for each person!

I will have to call you up when we hit the park again and she can probably earn another $10 from Catrina and myself.