TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

Our two day Cedar Point excursion is winding to the end. We had a fun time, even with getting to the hotel at 2 in the morning and finding there's no power to the entire county of Sandusky, followed by the thunderstorm for most of the first day. I slept in, and got my first ride around 5:30 pm. We did manage to make it up the second day. Millennium Force was great as usual, as well as Top Thrill, and Maverick was amazing.

Looking forward to Kennywood tomorrow, but not looking forward to 5:45 am departure.

--Luko

cp-ttd-night.jpg.c1d469ba7f8f276125381c3c44e5c51c.jpg

Ron, you know better than to ride Top Thrill at night in the first row.

cp-mf.jpg.c823adce368a08f0169d2fa3b21a2704.jpg

One can't pass a great photo opportunity. Even the general public is enjoying the Millennium Force with their hands up.

robb-maverick-line.jpg.bfde855d37a101dd8fdfe43dd180e2a7.jpg

Second day was nice, with hotel ERT on Maverick. Robb sure seems happy to be there.

cp-day1-rain.jpg.f55cbc39331ce99063761b9e46582fcf.jpg

Most of the first day was rained out. The look of disappointment can be seen!

pitch-black-hotel.jpg.6afbc9de8e011004f1628e102a477eb2.jpg

Walking through Hotel Breakers with flashlights during the power outage was very interesting.

bus-ride.jpg.2a6a67013356ce903cb2a5c0ca6bdf50.jpg

Robb's daily updates on the bus very always entertaining.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another brief update

In short:

The day was much better and operations were much better. Three trains in Draggin' Iron, three trains on Corkscrew, three trains in MilF

I rode Magnum in the third row. Ouch!

I took over 1000 pictures at CP alone. I might make a Photo TR

MilF.jpg.226a388e83519b58becf20995a5ea0da.jpg

MF shows its "Gay Pride" colors

trashcans.jpg.4ff1629e8f2ef808280358c6971d9c79.jpg

Did I mention that we are at a Cedar Fair park?

ryan-jrgemini2.jpg.9751dba5a171d74a7fd123d9357a9026.jpg

The parents were even okay with it

ryan-jrgemini.jpg.88290f2513e2c4dfce3e619c396d9b96.jpg

Ryan was one of few to get this credit.

gemini.jpg.e47900357f28c195145b6196264df2ae.jpg

CP has lots of Arrow rides!

cpbeach.jpg.011c3147bf0062a85a22a0b6802591d0.jpg

CP is on the coast of Lake Erie, and even has a beach. This image is not Photochopped

jahan2.jpg.4d4f8811ba350417e621392f88bf4f20.jpg

Jahan seems a bit excited to have ridden an Arrow ride

I am just curious- in the original flyer for this trip you were also going to Geauga Lake- I was just wondering why you decided to skip it. Its not the best park but it has a great floorless and the Big Dipper is in my top 5 woodies.

I don't know for sure but my personal guess is they decided on Kennywood since it is way better.

I love the pic that says, "Did I mention we're at a Cedar Fair park?" My local Cedar Fair park, Great America, which I only live 20 minutes away from , I see about a trillion trash cans more than there were when Paramount ran the park.

Which is a good thing. I know it is sometimes funny for people to make jokes about CF's theming but never understood the people who dislike an abundance of trash cans.

I am just curious- in the original flyer for this trip you were also going to Geauga Lake- I was just wondering why you decided to skip it. Its not the best park but it has a great floorless and the Big Dipper is in my top 5 woodies.

I don't know for sure but my personal guess is they decided on Kennywood since it is way better.

I think it's probably certain to say that Kennywood is much better.

Which is a good thing. I know it is sometimes funny for people to make jokes about CF's theming but never understood the people who dislike an abundance of trash cans.

What's not good is when having a bunch of ugly trash cans on a drab, unadorned midway becomes the park's de facto theme. Having a bunch of trash cans is not the same thing as having a clean park. The filthiest queue I've ever seen was at a Cedar Fair park, Volcano's queue at Kings Dominion.

Looks like you are all having a great time, excellent Cedar Point pics. I was there last September when Maverick was under construction, Im sure it's as cool as it looks. Too bad they had to remove the heartline, that looked like fun. I'm curious as to how the 97 degree drop on Maverick compares to one on a Euro-Fighter. Have a great rest of the trip!

Looks like you are all having a great time, excellent Cedar Point pics. I was there last September when Maverick was under construction, Im sure it's as cool as it looks. Too bad they had to remove the heartline, that looked like fun. I'm curious as to how the 97 degree drop on Maverick compares to one on a Euro-Fighter. Have a great rest of the trip!

Maverick's kinda hurts due to that you kind get flung outta your seat at the top of the drop. But it should be that way for Euro-Fighters, if I'm not mistaken?

I hope you guys had a great day at Kennywood.

I would've gone there to see some of yunz in person and introduce myself, but I committed to doing an extra shift at work before I knew exactly when TPR was coming to town... bummer!

Oh well, there's always next time...whenever that is!

Bingo.

On top of that we were able to get ERT at Kennywood where we were not able at GL.

^All those on the Midwest trip...be sure to buy a Mean Streak souvenir photo before 3 pm. We want to see the look of pain on your faces!

Ha. The last time I was at Cedar Point, I had to ride Mean Streak twice because my friend didn't get a good picture the first time and wanted to ride again to get a better picture. There was a look of pain on my face both times.

They missed the bus and had to go Greyhound. Dave and Evan made it to the hotel (on time, which is unusual for Greyhound), so they will be joining us for King's Island tomorrow, provided that they get up on time!

Kennywood went out of their way for us with ERT on Racer, T-Bolt, and a few extra perks. We also got special permission to take some on-ride pictures/video, and even some behind-the-scenes photo opportunities. We also had some other peeps, including Jow, Chuck, Dave Thomas, and others join us.

As for the trash cans, at Cedar Fair parks, the trash cans are all identical and have the bright generic logo on them. At other parks, instead of being the theming, they tend to compliment the theming. If you go to a Disney or Universal park, there will be a lot of trash cans (not as many as a CF park), but they blend with the theming, so they don't stand out as much (though they are still there when you need them)

wes-wood.jpg.1c554aa25b8e9dedc4c0741360890819.jpg

Wes gets some wood!

arrow-morgan.jpg.30370eea8a1db2f382737d49e7873e7a.jpg

Uber-geeky coaster picture. Can you find where the Arrow track ends and the Morgan track begins?

littlephantom.jpg.15ed075bc2e9f0bdb64b29796e8d965c.jpg

Most of us got the credit without the need to kidnap

caseyfriendly.jpg.45742057dd0095075e3b3b8a628a5d6c.jpg

This sign makes Casey very happy!

kw-trashcan.jpg.9d04ecd39d4a753a4909caf0d40d23b5.jpg

Kind of creepy looking trash can

t-bolt.jpg.0839ba7ee59675d701e04099e066bc8a.jpg

The Thunderbolt is also a wild terrain woodie

racer.jpg.02ee2a4ac378dbe618f9a0a3923814ad.jpg

We got to do some hand slapping during Racer ERT. I personally prefer Nash, but Racer is still a great woodie

Today's park was Kennywood. Our group had morning ERT on Racer and Thunderbolt, followed by coastering on our own until dinner at 5.

Last night I broke my camera when I dropped it at TGI-Fridays during the overnight takeover, so my photos were limited by what I could grab with my cell phone. They still came out OK, but I don't have ability to zoom in or out.

--Luko

kw-spider.jpg.17413e23878253e5c628eaa06ce4e32b.jpg

Spiderman - new member of the Arrow bus.

ert-racer.jpg.3cdd4ff2454c63b2d13887cd1c99f2a2.jpg

ERT on the Racer included double rides, so everybody could ride the complete circuit.

fridays-midnight-crew.jpg.933cb2986c54122ae3f4d5bbf9847d61.jpg

Last photo I was able to shoot with my regular camera before dropping it on the floor and breaking something. Shot during the Friday's takeover the night before leaving Cedar Point.

How's everyone else handling the TR update withdrawals?

(sigh)

That's not even funny. Have you even read the other threads where people b*tch or even jokingly complain about updates? Obviously not.

People shouldn't have to explain for the umpteenth time why it's so difficult to make mini updates during the trip, so just hold it down and patiently wait for an update!

Terry "Have to go downstairs and beg for a ethernet cable because the wireless stinks in my room" Weaver