TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather for Saturday is looking pretty nice in the 'Burgh, so you guys should have a great day for Kennywood. After the weather we've had this week, we need a nice day.

This is both good and bad.

Score for great weather, uh, not score for more crowds due to great weather!

West Coast Trippers, be glad you're not down south. High today was slated at 102 with heat index from 105-110 with heat advisories abounding. Love that humidity! Arizona, Middle East etc... not withstanding, that's just rough.

Keeping good thoughts for better weather. Looking forward to "Statue Credit" tpr too.

We were washed out this morning, but the weather has improved. Once the few bands were over, they reopened most of the rides, and I got around half the credits (including MilF, Dragster, Maverick, Draggin' Iron, Wildcat, and a few others)

We haven't seen any ghosts in the hotel yet, unfortunately

midway.jpg.61b2396ba34654808586058805bde9c5.jpg

We got wet, and the park was somewhat crowded. Wait time for Dragster was about 1hr later in the day

scarycloud.jpg.8960411d3a499577c8be57a263033b8e.jpg

We were kind of hoping to get a tornado credit. Maybe next time

That picture of Jahan with the height sign should be the main picture for the Get Jahan Laid Fund(if that is still going on, because technically, he got laid by that yummy carny)!

Horay for a Kidtums picture.

Robb, as another nagging favor, can you PLEASE bring the rain back to L.A. It's been too hot lately!

JK!

Have fun everyone! I'm loving the pictures and the P.O.V with the scary bear!

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates the last couple of days. It's been a crazy time since we were in the Dells. Some really good stories to tell though!

Also, Breakers does not have wi-fi in the rooms, only in the lobby. With the price we are paying for this hotel, you would think it would be a service offered, but oh well....

I'm sure other people will post a few photos and I'll get back to updates tomorrow or Sunday.

Until then.....

--Robb

Also, Breakers does not have wi-fi in the rooms, only in the lobby. With the price we are paying for this hotel, you would think it would be a service offered, but oh well....

I agree that Breakers does not really give you much for what they charge. It's essentially an $80/night room that costs 2-3x that because of the location. I can stay at Bellagio for what some of the Breakers rooms cost! Though staying that close to the park makes for a VERY nice time.

I hope everyone is having a great time on the trip!!!

So I'm a little behind on the times and just watched the "Jahan drives" video... and yes... unfortunately I do know what it's like to drive with theme park review to and from the LA airport.

We did not have a liquid soap discussion. I did, however, learn that it would not be wise to get a tattoo on, near, or around my "who ha" as it might become a distraction. (Thanks Robb)

p.s. FOAMING liquid soap is where it's at.

^^ mmm, Bellagio. I agree, Breakers is overrated.

Oh yeah, I can't believe how many people there are on this trip. I really hope I can join you guys one day. Where will you be tomorrow?

Breakers then goes along with most things Cedar Point. Nice but overrated.

As for your second comment I tried early in this thread to stop some of that, but it seems that posters who are so excited they must post at all costs are not so excited to actually read the whole thread.

Thanks to Chris and Allison for letting me hang out with them while they collected some credits today. On my way out, just when the trip's lunch was starting, I got 4 rides on Wicked Twister with almost no wait. Could not pass up the short line when most others were long today.

Oh BTW, "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it" is by Tim McGraw

It was also great meeting Matt Damon and Robb. I know you were busy Robb, but I meant to compliment you on your extremely cute daughter.

I will have to go on a trip next year. All the TPR people I met were great.

Thanks again Chris and Allison.

Here is yet another lost weave, this underneath Wicket Twister, this was taken on my camera phone, sorry about the size. ... Hmmm, first time I have ever had to say that in my life.......

weave.jpg.a8df30cbc145e245f34a34d07b90c439.jpg

Lost weave under Wicked Twister

Oh ya I'm with you on that. It's impossible to get just one squirt of that stuff. I usually load up my hand because it's that good. But I have yet to run across an automatic foaming liquid soap dispenser. That would be the ultimate liquid soap experience!

Oh ya I'm with you on that. It's impossible to get just one squirt of that stuff. I usually load up my hand because it's that good. But I have yet to run across an automatic foaming liquid soap dispenser. That would be the ultimate liquid soap experience!

Atlanta airport has an automatic foaming liquid soap dispenser. Too much fun!

Thanks to Casey and Dan for talking to me and not freaking out!

I didn't see R&E but I did at least personally meet those two and see many other members of the trip. I saw many groups but didn't introduce myself, silly me!

But I had fun none the less and I hope the TPR trippers did too today. I'll have photos and a 20-sec video coming tomorrow, hopefully.