TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about seeing some other faces in these pictures. It is the same 10 people in every one. There are 90 other people there-walk around with the camera! Getting sick of seeing the same people with their legs up-hugging in mascots and eating. Who else is there????

...are you serious???? Can't you appreciate that Robb is taking time out of his busy schedule to do these updates.

...and for the record, it's more than the same 10 people.

By the way, thanks for the great updates Robb. It's much appreciated.

Has anyone noticed that the trip is missing "Old Man" Jeff,"Diabetic" Dan,"Weirdo" Derek and Joey?

Did anyone notice that only Jeff was on the TPR trip to Spain? The trips are expensive so most people don't go on all of them.

As far as the guy with the 10 people in the pictures comment, WTF? you do realize that not everyone spends there time following around the person with the camera.

^^Apparently not. Don't worry Rich, I'm sure the day will come when people get kicked off the site for that sort of thing.

I loved Beech Bend when I was there in June, and Kentucky Rumbler is my favourite of all the GCIs. It's just non-stop fun.

Thumbs up to that Chris Gray dude, that guy is tops in my book. I liked hanging out with him in Spain too, nice guy!

Nadia = Yummy

Did Casey claim his usual seat in the bus and did his harem make up the back of the bus crew now?

Peace, Big Mike

I went to Beech Bend about a month ago, and I agree with everyone: Kentucky Rumbler is incredible! That coaster is definitely in my top 3 for best woodies!

That "Pinfari death machine" Looping Star was one the most painful rides known to mankind. I am still surprised that I actually fit into the cars!

Here's your answer...

Friday 8/3 – Holiday World

Saturday 8/4 – Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (morning/early afternoon) / Beech Bend (late afternoon/evening)

Sunday 8/5 – Indiana Beach (3pm - 11pm)

Monday 8/6 - Mt. Olympus (5pm - 11pm)

Tuesday 8/7 – Wisconsin Dells Area

Wednesday 8/8 – Six Flags Great America

Thursday 8/9 – Cedar Point

Friday 8/10 – Cedar Point

Saturday 8/11 – Kennywood

Sunday 8/12 – Kings Island (Strickers Grove from 2:30 to 5:30)

So....how's KR compared to Troy?

I can't speak for the others, but as far as GCI's go, I liked Troy slightly better than Kentucky Rumbler.

But, IMO, Ozark Wildcat blows them both away, and Thunderhead is a distant 4th.

JJ

Troy>Rumbler (Slightly)

I like Rumbler, but still think Beech Bend is a hole.

There are more than 10 people in the shots. As someone else said there is not a pack of 100 going around the park. People tend to break into smaller groups of 10 people or less and wander around the park. Bus, ERT and meals and sometimes to only time to whole group is together.

Sure people could hang around Robb and Elissa and pester them all day to get into pictures on a stupid website, but I think people who invested thousands of $ would rather get as many rides in as possible.

I don't think I've seen the Johnson in a picture yet. Are they still alive or did they kill themselves trying to handle a bus by themselves? I don't want to bring Yodels and Devil Dogs to Pittsburgh in vain.

^^ Larry's right: the group really does split up into smaller groups once the ERT sessions are over. It is just too unweildy to have a group of 30 people (or more) running around together. Someone always has to pee, eat, take a picture, chase a bird, whatever.

It is hard to describe unless you've done one of the trips. Here's a bit of advice -- don't criticize anyone on the trip for not posting pics either soon enough or of different people. First off... RUDE. Secondly, they are actually on the trip for their enjoyment -- NOT yours. I, for one, am just happy to see another group of folks enjoying another GREAT TPR adventure.

Thanks Robb and Elissa for keeping us up to date. Have a blast -- and stay hydrated!

Oh... and Troy > Thunderhead > KY Rumbler.

-- Dave

(Panther)

How about seeing some other faces in these pictures. It is the same 10 people in every one. There are 90 other people there-walk around with the camera! Getting sick of seeing the same people with their legs up-hugging in mascots and eating. Who else is there????

It's Robb's update, he!! it's Robb's site! He should be able to post what ever he wants without being bitched at!

I for one enjoy the updates, just wish we were there...

Well maybe you should have come with us because I think we have 100 people who can tell you they were great!

Seriously though the park knows they have gotten a bad rap over the years (what six flags park hasn't?) And they are really doing the best to turn things around and from what we witnessed they are doing a great job!

We didn't mention T2 because this is just a mini-update. We didn't mention other coasters either. Are you going to call me out on that one too?

T2 was not a group favorite. Big deal. Did you think it would be? We were having too much fun on Deluge to care about T2 being rough.

--Robb

I'm not mad at you or anything, I just had really awful experiences with just about every employee we came into contact with at Kentucky Kingdom. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're trying really hard to improve the rest of the park after the accident on Tower of Power.

I realize why you didn't mention T2. I was just being sarcastic because it's such a crappy ride.

I really wasn't trying to make it a big deal or anything. Just stating my opinion.

I'm glad you had a good time at Beech Bend. You're right about the employees - they are really, really good.

Does anyone have a picture of BB's map? It's comically awesome.

But, IMO, Ozark Wildcat blows them both (Troy and KR) away, and Thunderhead is a distant 4th.

I like hearing that I am not the only one who thinks that Oz Cat is GCII's crowning moment thus far. I like having that coaster in my back yard, as I got 10 laps on it Saturday night.

Could someone explain the whole "Night Rides" are better than riding during the day? Is it because of it being dark, or does the coaster really run better?

"Night Rides"

Both factors contribute to great rides at night. Most wooden coasters tend to run better later in the day.

I don't think I've seen the Johnson in a picture yet. Are they still alive or did they kill themselves trying to handle a bus by themselves? I don't want to bring Yodels and Devil Dogs to Pittsburgh in vain.

They're there. Erik and Leanne are being very elusive. I think he's filming his next great video. I only saw them twice yesterday at IB. How do you only see someone twice there?