TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cat Found With it's Eyes Spray Painted Shut!

GMAN962

Link to original article:

http://www.10news.com/news/13799759/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of a person who officials said spray-painted a cat's eyes shut.

According to the Animal Protection and Rescue League, an employee at the San Diego City Attorney's office was leaving for work Wednesday morning when she discovered the spray-painted cat.

The lawyer, Kim Urie, said she was in the alley between Valle and Martin avenues near Memorial Community Park around 7:30 a.m. when she spotted the cat against a wall.

"I was out with my dogs," Urie said. "I saw something wrong with the eyes. They were painted shut."

A can of spray paint was next to the animal, Urie said. She took the cat and the spray paint to work with her and called the county Department of Animal Services.

Animal Services director Dawn Danielson said officers with her agency picked up the cat around 1 p.m. from the City Attorney's Office.

"This sickening act of animal cruelty must be addressed on two levels. First, we must bring the person who committed this crime to justice," Kath Rogers of the APRL said in a press release. "Second, we must address the cause of the problem, which is that thousands of unwanted animals roam the streets every year when we do not spay and neuter our cats and dogs."

The APRL is offering a $500 reward in the case. You can contact them at 619-236-4250 or visit www.APRL.org.

Additionally, the San Diego Animal Advocates announced Thursday a reward offer of $1,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction for whoever was responsible for the abuse.

"The kitten is resting comfortably and ate ravenously, which is a good sign," said Danielson.

Anyone with information on this case is asked to contact the Department of Animal Services tip line at 619-767-2740.

That is just horrible, and sad...

It's important to find who did this...I mean, as the video said "Serial killers often start out abusing animals, ,and then they move on to people"

-Mike

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This act is absolutely horrible. I want 10 good minutes with the bastard who did this.

Yeah, I'll take a few as well. I actually read this last night, but I was so stunned and sickened by it, that I didn't even know what to say. I think you summed it up pretty well though.

I'm not fond of cats. We have one, because my girlfriend has a say in things. We also have a Golden Retriever mix and a purebred Great Pyrenees. The dogs have never hurt the cat, which to me is amazing.

It bothers me there's people out there that would intentionally hurt animals. Some seriously BAD karma...

-Flying (I'm amazed no one has said: 'well, maybe the cat deserved it) Scooter

This is the most horrible thing I've seen in a long time- it made me want to cry. After 15 years in law enforcement, I thought I'd heard and seen it all- whatever would possess somebody to do something like this? I'm sort of thinking it was a gang of kids, and I pray they don't grow up to be serial killers.

id do the same thing to them... seriously... what the hell is wrong with kids in this country now days. my 15yr old cousin was over here the other day and started bragging that he was at McDonalds with his friend and they went out and pissed in the ball pit....

His mom laughed and shrugged it off.

I started yelling at them both and told her that if she didn't take him down there and make him tell them what he did... I would drag their asses down there and make them call the cops.

Damn, I just came from reading about the cat getting burned, now this? What's going on with this country? As a cat person, I'm just appaled and dissapointed on how people can treat domestic animals (especially cats). I just dont get it....