TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Suggestions for Parks

Here's how this works. You know that ride ops often have very dull jobs. Case in point: the guy who watches the log flume boats go by. One of the ops was sleeping last time I went to the Mountain. Anyway, can you think of better ways to use the employees?

Here's mine. Have the Top Spin ride op manually control it. He (or she) could take lessons from a German fair Top Spin ride op. Now you have:

One (1) Top Spin that is different every ride, and

One (1) ride op that is not going to be bored anytime soon.

Can you come up with any ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the ops was sleeping last time I went to the Mountain.

I think i would have throwed something at him to wake him up, thats just stupid.

I agree with the above post, fire the idiots, i dont want them there working when i am getting on any rides. I know you dont get paid alot of money at these parks, but i still think it would be cool to work on a coaster or something like it, i dont think i would be bored.

But i do have a suggestion for those people who tend to fall asleep when peoples lives are on the line on a ride, how about hooking up a small wire to them and if they dont move every so many minutes, it zaps them ? Sound good ?

I'd be inclined to say fire the bad ones and keep the good ones, but in the USA, I don't think it's that easy.

Look at GL. they have mostly workers that drive there from Cleveland. (you can't get much hired help from the locals, Solon, Bainbridge to work there as it doesn't pay them enough. The Pizza Hut down the road from GL three years ago was hiring people at 9.75 an hour and still couldn't keep people, and that was over 4 bucks better than minimum.)

Maybe parks need to offer some sort of incentive program. Get a compliment from a guest at guest relations, get a 5 or 10 buck bonus.