TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Video Of Almost deadly accident at Efteling...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

due to a difference in weight now, the train started to roll.

That must be the main cause this happened.

I'm glad everyone came out more of less safely.

Many years ago, my friend and I rode Tornado (a Vekoma corkscrew so similar to Python) in Walibi Belgium with our harnesses not clicked. I must have been about 15 years old or something and although we yelled and opened our harness on the lifthill, the ride was not stopped so we closed the harness again and held on tight and rode Tornado. Due to the whatever forces, we took the corkscrews without any problem and arrived safely back in the station.

Luckily this did not happen on a coaster with air- or hangtime.

I had something like that on Corkscrew at Alton Towers... The bars were too tight and the Op wouldn't give me any slack, so we get to the top of the lifthill and the bars clicked open to a one notch ride. If anybody went on it last year, it was cram packed with airtime and hangtime...

I ended up wedging myself into the seat throughout the ride... The hangtime through the corkscrews were really scary...

Not a fun ride. I nearly got kicked outta the park because the Ops weren't paying attention... If the people behind me and next to me didn't agree and complain, I would've been kicked out...

Those OHR are horrible, give the cars "Lapbars and a seatbelt" instead.
That is not safe. Have you seen how Vekoma/Arrow coasters enter the corkscrews? Without proper restraint the riders spine could snap.

BS. Explain the Flight of Fear, and other Premier coasters that only have lapbars.

I confused the new Vekoma trains with them.

They are the new Kumbak trains they got for it in 2005.

Luckily no-one was killed or injured when this happen.

I would be pissed scared if I was in a seat with the restraint open because I would'nt be sure if it is fully locked or not.

Those OHR are horrible, give the cars "Lapbars and a seatbelt" instead.
That is not safe. Have you seen how Vekoma/Arrow coasters enter the corkscrews? Without proper restraint the riders spine could snap.

I agree with the spinal snap, though. it would probly happen!

Oh come on! Yes, there are lateral G-forces, but I have experienced far stronger and far more sudden lateral G-forces on coasters with lapbars only. I dont see how it would cause any problems at all.

To me, this just seems like the average Vekoma/Arrow bashing....

^ You really shouldn't knowingly break the rules and then admit that you know you are wrong. That's just kinda dumb!

It's more of a [sic] than a note to say that I'm wrong. I simply wished that the term would not be edited by an overzealous superior because the memetic spelling is not the same as the "proper" spelling. I do not use chatspeak, I always make sure to punctuate properly, and when I do misspell a word in a stereotypical Internet-style manner, I tend to want it to remain that way. I don't usually do this type of egregious error, but an event this moronic merited the moronic response.

So back on-topic...

There was a discussion on a Belgian forum between people who think this accident will have a negative effect on the number of people riding Python, and those who think this will have a positive effect. I myself think more people will want to ride this coaster because it's 'that coaster with that failed evacuation'. It's sort of the same as with the Sirocco in Walibi Belgium (it got stuck in the looping). Alot of people know it as the coaster that got stuck in the loop.

Any ideas?

It's more of a [sic] than a note to say that I'm wrong. I simply wished that the term would not be edited by an overzealous superior because the memetic spelling is not the same as the "proper" spelling. I do not use chatspeak, I always make sure to punctuate properly, and when I do misspell a word in a stereotypical Internet-style manner, I tend to want it to remain that way. I don't usually do this type of egregious error, but an event this moronic merited the moronic response.

So let me get this strait, because something was edited and you didn't like that, you retaliated by using shorthand and acknowledging the problems with your post? Am I getting this correct? Because I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about.