TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hurray for Gold Q-Bot at SFOG!

I went to SFOG this Saturday with a friend. The crowds weren't too bad. The rain might have scared them away. We invested in Gold Q-Bot and it was the best $85 investment we made. Our waits were mostly 5 minutes. The regular waits seemed to hover around 30-45 minutes. We used Q-Bot on Deja Vu and waited 35 minutes. Deja Vu always has a long line. And yes, before you faint, Deja Vu was running!

SFOG seemed to be improving. Ride throughput could use work, but employees were friendlier on the whole and food was qctually decent. We ate at the chicken place across from Monster Plantation and it wasn't normal Six Flags slop. It actually tasted good!

Oh, and we parked at the nearby Fulton Hotel (I think that's the name) for $5 and took a 5 minute walk to the park. It beats paying $15 for the Six Flags parking lot!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I am going to SFOG this week and was considering renting the Gold Qbot, but I had some reservations (considering it would be $81 for my brother and I). But, since the system has been getting such great reviews, I think I will fork over the money. I really want to try my first Deja Vu, my first drop tower (like Acrophobia), and all else that the park has to offer. With the Qbot, I think I will have enough time to cover the park and even ride some things more than once! Thanks for the report!

Wow! I am going to SFOG this week and was considering renting the Gold Qbot, but I had some reservations (considering it would be $81 for my brother and I). But, since the system has been getting such great reviews, I think I will fork over the money. I really want to try my first Deja Vu, my first drop tower (like Acrophobia), and all else that the park has to offer. With the Qbot, I think I will have enough time to cover the park and even ride some things more than once! Thanks for the report!

If the SFOG Gold Q-bot works like the one at Great Adventure you should be able to ride everything as many times as you want. You'll get all you can handle. We paid $106 for 2 people at SFGAdv, and didn't feel the least bit ripped off.

Acrophobia is good unless:

1.) You're a man

2.) You hit the sudden stop at the bottom of the ride

Then you will wonder if you'll ever have children.

Acrophobia is good unless:

1.) You're a man

2.) You hit the sudden stop at the bottom of the ride

Then you will wonder if you'll ever have children.

Is it any worse for a guy than a stand up coaster?

Yeah don't. You'll waste your money unless it's a Saturday. If you go on a Tues, Wed, or Thurs and plan decently (get there at opening), you can do everything by 2. No need to spend any more than you already have to.

^^Well, you were right about it hurting more than a standup coaster, but that is only because the Georgia Scorcher didn't hurt too bad. Acrophobia was pretty fun (a bit uncomfortable, but not too bad). The ride op made it even more interesting because he messed with you while you were at the top singing songs about your doom and doing fake countdowns.

^The Gold Flashpass was probably the best investment I made during my trip this week! I got to ride everything I wanted to, getting every credit the park had available (including Deja Vu). The Qbot really did decrease my wait times, making me wait only 2 minutes for each attraction (other than Goliath). I will describe the trip in my upcoming trip report, but that basically sums up my flashpass experience!