TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens' Howl-O-Scream 2007

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was retarded of BGA to do LAST weekend for 3 days, and THIS weekend for only 2 (and no Sunday). Last Sunday (9/30) my stage manager said BGA didn't even make its budget back for Sunday, so they actually took a LOSS.

Today might be pretty empty too...its raining in a lot of parts of Tampa today. Less work for me I reckon.

I was gonna hit ZooBoo tonight...but decided against it because of the weather. I just checked their schedule and their open Thursday 10/11!!! I'm all over it!!!

I was at ZooBoo last night (as a ride op unfortunately) and the night was rained out by 8:30. Although this did give our group time to do all the haunted houses!

I'll post a TR later. Zoo Boo wasn't half bad for a mix between HOS and MNSSHP and what they did with a modest budget.

How is traffic around Busch Gardens during HOS? I know in past years, if you weren't in the Busch Gardens parking lot by 6 pm, you'll be backed up in traffic for hours! I know it took me 2 hours to travel a few miles from Fowler Ave. to Busch Blvd.!

I do plan to be in the parking lot before 5:30 pm, but how is traffic this year?

^On Saturdays and Sundays HOS if packed! so it is good to be at the parking lot before HOS opens(around an hour before) However this last saturday HOS was not so busy. But I Have Seen how bad it gets on Mckinley to get to the parking lot and sometimes Busch and Fowler backs up a lot. Its insane

^On Saturdays and Sundays HOS if packed! so it is good to be at the parking lot before HOS opens(around an hour before) However this last saturday HOS was not so busy. But I Have Seen how bad it gets on Mckinley to get to the parking lot and sometimes Busch and Fowler backs up a lot. Its insane

Sundays are usually not packed. Saturday's are definitely the busiest, followed the Fridays, and then Thursdays and Sundays are usually the slowest.

And this past saturday (1st post-Freaky Preview weekend) usually seems to be the slowest Sat. of the event.

But yeah, it is definitely best to get there early. I remember when I attended my first HOS in 2003, it was a Thursday, and I was overwhelmed by how busy the parking lot and front gates were (I arrived around opening). It took me awhile to get in the park, but once I did, I was shocked by how empty the park was.

Just went to HHN this past Sunday (10/7) and I think they kinda ripped us off.

Club Vampire is After Hours

3D Clownhouse is 3D Radiation Alert!

What gives?!?!

And yes, Slacking, this past Saturday (10/6) was one of the slowest Saturdays I can remember. I'm sure this next Saturday is going to pick up.

3D houses aren't that uncommon, so I wouldn't consider that ripping off.

But Vampyr? Yeah, pretty blatant.

I guess for a Saturday it was a bit slower than others, but I really didn't feel it until the final shift or two.

Homer, you going to HOS this weekend?

3D houses aren't that uncommon, so I wouldn't consider that ripping off...

True, but the walls, the paintings, the costumes...I've been to several 3D houses at HHN in prior years, but this is the closest its come to HOS's 3D house.

Ready for work tomorrow? I'm NOT! I get so TIRED doing my scare...I'm usually a zombie at work the next day.

3D houses aren't that uncommon, so I wouldn't consider that ripping off...

True, but the walls, the paintings, the costumes...I've been to several 3D houses at HHN in prior years, but this is the closest its come to HOS's 3D house.

Ready for work tomorrow? I'm NOT! I get so TIRED doing my scare...I'm usually a zombie at work the next day.

I'm not sure I am either, lol. My scare is also very exhausting. Plus, my hand is sore and kinda hurts to close from gripping my chainsaw all night long.

I finally decided on a date for this...

Thursday 10/25. I plan to leave work at 3p and get to the park around 4p so we can stay in Timbuktoo. Hopefully crowds will be low. I have been reading as much as I can about the event, and looking forward to AH and the scarezones too!!

Anyone else going on a Thursday night? or have a previous experience for a Thursday?

...Anyone else going on a Thursday night? or have a previous experience for a Thursday?

As a scare actor at HOS, Thursday would be IDEAL for anyone to head to HOS! The crowds on THIS day might be heavier than most other Thursdays (since its the closest to Halloween), but at least HALF the crowds on ANY Friday or Saturday. Great pick! And if you're there early, you should have plenty of time to do houses again or do some nighttime coaster riding.