TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens' Howl-O-Scream 2007

http://www.howl-o-scream.com/tampa/index.htm

The dates are already updated on the site.

Being that I've been cast as a scare actor for the 2nd year in a row, here are the list of the houses & scare zones going on thus far this year:

Haunted Houses:

After Hours

Radiation Alert 3D - basically a renaming & supposedly "retheming" of the 3D house of many ongoing HOS events (I should know, cause I'm back in it)

Hunted

Trapped In The Walls

Taste Of BLood (new Vampire House)

Catch Your Breath (new supposedly "biker" house)

Scare Zones

Zombie Junction

Pharaoh's Revenge

Wicked Woods

There are two more items listed on my rehearsal sheet...Masters & Monsters and Eternal Midnight, which could either be scare zones (likely) or haunted houses or maayyybe even new shows. I'll update here as I learn more.

I don't get to go back until 8/23 for my orientation, usually this is where the "skinny" on EVERYTHING at HOS 2007 is given (though by that time, the site may be up & going & other "insiders" might know more).

No "licensed" horror icon characters here, but always a good Halloween event to compliment HHN if you happen to be in Florida in October.

Scare ya later!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, Thanks for posting this!

As much as I would like to I probably won’t be able to make it to HOS this year. Pretty much all the free time I have in October is when I'm going to HHN.

It's good news that they are getting even more new house concepts, and trying to put new spins on old ones.

"How are scare zones?"

They're great, they had an especially long one last year (I believe Wicked Woods) near Land of the Dragons. Lots of fog & a long, bushy stretch made for some GREAT scares.

I asked one of the BG big wigs at the sign-on last week why the decision to keep 3D (among others). He says "its expensive to continually change all 6 houses every year, so we try to add a new one once a year & revamp the older ones for returning guests".

Funny how HHN never has a problem with it! But from what I've read, HHN is one of the FEW that changes ALL the houses every year.

Yeah because Knotts has had some houses for like 6 years and never changes them.

I also find haunted houses fascinating. I would really like to work with them, but Im not sure how you would get into something like that.

As for the scarezones, most were good. I would say all, but Bone Grinders is not very good at all. I heard its not returning and thats fine with me.

...As for the scarezones, most were good. I would say all, but Bone Grinders is not very good at all. I heard its not returning and thats fine with me.

Actually, I don't think Bone Grinders was there last year (don't quote me).

Anything with a "biker" theme is not "scary" to me. I don't know WHO in their right mind started that trend (HHN did a biker/From Dusk Til Dawn-ish house one year which was "OK" cause of the vamps).

But it looks like the Bone Grinder SETS are being used for the Catch Your Breath house (I'm sure to keep costs down).

blaha, you should look into what it takes to be a stage manager for these haunts! Its a lot of work, but I'm sure VERY fun & your kind of the shot caller. I'm fine just SCARING people!

Is all the rides up and running during HowlScream? And is it worth the trip to go one weekend?

All the good rides have been running the past 2 years I've gone.

And having been to HHN the past 5 years straight and HOS the past 2.

I would say, yes it's definitely worth a trip.

BTW "Masters & Monsters and Eternal Midnight" sound allot like new live shows to me.

As long as they squeeze the pink headed nurses in the event some where...I will be happy!!

Being that I worked there last year, I'd say if U've never been, you'll DEFINITELY enjoy yourself. All the coasters and rides are open & if U go on an off-peak night, U can easily re-do ALL SIX houses, no problem.

No HHN while you're in Florida?!?! I'm trying my best NOT to miss it.

The GREAT thing about HOS is its nowhere near as CROWDED as HHN gets. Less crowds + equal amount of scarers to HHN = a FRIGHTENING good time!

• 4 weeks later...

Went to my orientation yesterday...here's the skinny on the details...

Houses (some back from last year with changes):

After Hours - Club Muze - Crazed dance club theme (no changes mentioned)

Hunted - Serial Killer stalking house in a forest/cabin environment (no changes).

Trapped In The Walls - House with several murder scenes where YOU walk in on the scene of the crime...within the walls. The flow has been reversed. For those who went last year...the EXIT is now the ENTRANCE to help with the line que which apprently was a problem last year (they intersected).

3D Radiation Alert - Now actually has a STORY, Radiation leak causing MUTATIONS..thus you need goggles (paper 3D glasses lol) to enter the house. This is the one I'M working at and I'm anxious to see the face lift. Supposedly some of us get to wear MASKS of melting people this time...kinda hoping I'm one of them.

Taste Of Blood (new) - New Vamp house and is in the Bumper cars building. Theme is vamps hiding out in underground "nest"...you walk in & all heck breaks loose.

Catch Your Breath (new) - The more interesting of the "new" houses this year. Theme is an abandoned gas station/middle of nowhere (similar to TCM I guess). Diabolic Biker gang kills 13 vicitims a year...12 bodies throughout the house...YOU are #13. The guy scouldn't stop bragging about the "throne room" you'll eventually reach. I won't spoil it anymore than that. This one will be in Gwazi Park in a tent.

Scare Zones:

Wicked Woods - In the path leading to land of the dragons. A long scare zone with various monsters & creatures. the best one last year.

Pharaoh's Revenge - Egyptian themed (no changes, same spot).

Zombie Junction - Zombie's walking about (also no changes, same spot).

Eternal Midnight (new) - scare zone with chiming clock tower..that eternally rings MIDNIGHT!

Masters & Monsters (new) - Island of Dr. Monreau meets Mad Max was the description given.

Shows:

Fiends - Back again, same as always...according to BG, people can't get enough of those NURSES.

Sweet Dreams (new) - 2 Ghouls who influence nightmares battle for sole control of someone's nightmare. Lots o music, etc.

Freakshow (new) - The "hip" show near the front of the park. Breakdancers and contemporary music flow like fine wine.

Sounds like it'll be fun, its about half & half on new & old stuff. According to the rep, the official press release on HOS won't be released til 8/30-8/31...so keep posted on the Howl-O-Sceram site.

• 2 weeks later...
Went to my orientation yesterday...here's the skinny on the details...

Houses (some back from last year with changes):

After Hours - Club Muze - Crazed dance club theme (no changes mentioned)

Hunted - Serial Killer stalking house in a forest/cabin environment (no changes).

Trapped In The Walls - House with several murder scenes where YOU walk in on the scene of the crime...within the walls. The flow has been reversed. For those who went last year...the EXIT is now the ENTRANCE to help with the line que which apprently was a problem last year (they intersected).

3D Radiation Alert - Now actually has a STORY, Radiation leak causing MUTATIONS..thus you need goggles (paper 3D glasses lol) to enter the house. This is the one I'M working at and I'm anxious to see the face lift. Supposedly some of us get to wear MASKS of melting people this time...kinda hoping I'm one of them.

Taste Of Blood (new) - New Vamp house and is in the Bumper cars building. Theme is vamps hiding out in underground "nest"...you walk in & all heck breaks loose.

Catch Your Breath (new) - The more interesting of the "new" houses this year. Theme is an abandoned gas station/middle of nowhere (similar to TCM I guess). Diabolic Biker gang kills 13 vicitims a year...12 bodies throughout the house...YOU are #13. The guy scouldn't stop bragging about the "throne room" you'll eventually reach. I won't spoil it anymore than that. This one will be in Gwazi Park in a tent.

Scare Zones:

Wicked Woods - In the path leading to land of the dragons. A long scare zone with various monsters & creatures. the best one last year.

Pharaoh's Revenge - Egyptian themed (no changes, same spot).

Zombie Junction - Zombie's walking about (also no changes, same spot).

Eternal Midnight (new) - scare zone with chiming clock tower..that eternally rings MIDNIGHT!

Masters & Monsters (new) - Island of Dr. Monreau meets Mad Max was the description given.

Shows:

Fiends - Back again, same as always...according to BG, people can't get enough of those NURSES.

Sweet Dreams (new) - 2 Ghouls who influence nightmares battle for sole control of someone's nightmare. Lots o music, etc.

Freakshow (new) - The "hip" show near the front of the park. Breakdancers and contemporary music flow like fine wine.

Sounds like it'll be fun, its about half & half on new & old stuff. According to the rep, the official press release on HOS won't be released til 8/30-8/31...so keep posted on the Howl-O-Sceram site.

THANK GOD they are switching the entrance and exit for trapped in the walls. It was a mess last year. We had to close down the 4-d theather because of the large flow of crowd trying to get around trapped in the walls. The first night people got confused what was the queue for Cheetah Chase, Trapped in the walls, 4-d theather and even Sahara snacks and the small stand selling beer.

Im happy they did not bring back control alt deceased(it sucked!)

I am not happy that they brought back Pharaoh's Revenge it was bit weird and random. I dunno I did not like it.

CANT WAIT!!!!

Fiends - Back again, same as always...according to BG, people can't get enough of those NURSES .

Yes sir!!....that's what I'm talkin about

Now I'm really ready!!

I can only go one night this year and it's gonna be the preview night 1 on Friday. (cause it will bee free!!)

So tell me 'nut, are they gonna have there poop together on night one, or is it gonna be a trainwreck?

No offence, I've just never been to HOS on the 1st night, so I don't know what to expect.

I went to HHN on the opening weekend and it was not quite as good as it was 2 weeks later, except B&T they where good all 5 times

The "poop" should be together.

we have a total of 3 rehearsals (WAY too many IMO since the turnover rate is worse than a telemarketing call-center's) and the first night, scaer actors are usually feeling like they can take on the world...ready to scare 100%...the novelty wears thin & SOME (enphasis on SOME) scare actors can get a bit worn down as the season goes on.

Lord willing I'll be at 3D that Friday, so I'll reserve a SPECIAL scare for you!

Lord willing I'll be at 3D that Friday, so I'll reserve a SPECIAL scare for you!

I'll be looking forward to it.

I'm mad that HOS doesn't get the respect of HHN and this thread drops to the depths of the unknown, or uh, page two.

But I'll represent, and bring it to the top!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Did my 1st house walkthrough on Tuesday. The 3D house got about a 60% overhall. Looks good. A lot of the corny pictures are gone...and lots of DOORWAYS have been put in their place.

I'll be a "polka-dot"..meaning one of the guys that mixes with the background in the dreaded polka-dot area (lol).

I'll be more "exposed" to the public than last year, so here's hoping I don't get assaulted by drunk guests.

I'll be clubbing it again this year at HOS.

Still in After Hours, but am no longer a police officer like I was last year, woohoo!!!

Will be the final scare of the house, and I get a little toy to play with, hehehehe

CYB and ToB sound amazing, its a shame I won't be able to check them out.

so here's hoping I don't get assaulted by drunk guests.

I'll try to be on my best behavior

Seriously, I don't drink at HOS just at HHN...

I need something to do when I'm waiting in lines.

Also I am a little upset that 5 of the last 6 posts have been me and the 'nut

waddafuxup??

anyway only 5 more days, tell the nurses to be ready for me!!