TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mick Doohan's Motocoaster Media Launch photos

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome photos of Dreamworlds Motorbike coaster!Motocoaster sounds like an cool name!And check out the awesome track!And sidecars too!WOW!

I really got to get back to Dreamworld someday,Motocoaster sounds like it could be an markpoint in the Austrailian Rollercoaster History!

As usual, great pictures, especially the mid-air cork shot!

Guess I need to make plans to come back to Australia since 2000 was so long ago!! And this was pre-Superman! But I did get my Wonderland Sydney credits.

BushBeast.JPG.e52d8fb3f7c4bbc1c932c046514e0c41.JPG

Ah..not a great coaster but a very pretty park. Shame it is gone.

As usual, great pictures, especially the mid-air cork shot!

Guess I need to make plans to come back to Australia since 2000 was so long ago!! And this was pre-Superman! But I did get my Wonderland Sydney credits.

Too bad that Australia`s Wonderland has closed down...

One more thing,the logo of "Busch Beast" reminds me very much or the original "The Beast" at Kings Island!

• 1 month later...

The new coaster has begun testing!

http://www.roller-coaster.com.au/videos.php?vid=23

The layout of this ride looks rather boring. It's just turn after turn without really any noticable drop. Also the layout looks cramped in a small place. I actually like the layout of the Vekoma Motorbike coaster more.

But I'm curious to hear from people who rode it!

IMO It looks really sluggish and slow, it hardly makes it over the last hills. It also looks really like the vekoma version, but not as fast. I'm quite disappointed in how the ride has turned out.

Shame on Intamin for being so uninventive and unoriginal. But at least familys will enjoy it!

It is running very slow as shown in the video now, but I think as testing proceeds, the wheels will "wear in" and it will definitely pick up much more speed, ecspecially towards the end.

I was definitely thinking the same thing. That must have been one of the first test runs or something, you can still hear the wheels squeaking its so darn new.

Just guestimating, i'd say after it breaks in, it'll go a good 10 miles an hour faster.

I remember watching some of the very first test runs of Silver Bullet, thing ran slower and was so quiet all you could hear were the wheels as it passed.

I am positive its a slow test launch. After watching videos of Booster Bike, which is around the same speed, it is double the height of this and flies through its elements! I am expecting a much faster circuit of the coaster, and look foward to riding it in january!