TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Ride Ideas

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha nice, thanks a lot Rill'o'beily for going out your way to do an animation for me, that's exactly how I imagined it!

I've never actually been on a larson loop OR a hi-roller/kick-flip. the latter I remember seeing as a kid at a traveling fair and thought holy shhh that looks like torture! haha ....... well, until I saw what a 'zipper' was, the hi-roller is probably quite tame compared to a zipper!

but yeah, as cool as it is having the (____) shape (hi-roller), you do spend about 80% of the ride just doing sideways cart-wheels, I think a true circle just keeps it fresh in movement all the way.

Oh, I thought it was just a different mechanism for spinning the loop in the standard pattern. Spinning to the side could also be cool, but why stop there? Have the entire structure on a rotating platform!

• 3 months later...

I'd like to add rotation in the yaw axis to something like Falcon's Fury (though I have yet to ride) as well as invert riders.

With riders facing out, vehicles slowly ascend up the tower before their immediate release at the top. This fall is aided to give ejector air rather than just zero-G floater. After falling, a high-G launch shoots vehicles up the tower. The acceleration ends to send the vehicles on a gravity-controlled ballistic trajectory that almost reaches the top. As vehicles near the top, the seats on each side turn 180 degrees in both yaw and pitch, completing a twisting front flip. Vehicles then descend at the speed of gravity with riders inverted but still facing out, now upside down and weightless. A pitch forward of 90 degrees puts riders supine for the high-G brake (for on-your-back Gs that you get on flying coasters). Once vehicles stop at the platform, the seats pitch and yaw back to their original position.

^ yep, I have had the exact same thought. Almost like a duelling coaster in a way, and it is possible, as long as the floor less and inverted trains are not connected. You could have a super cool station with the two platforms on top of each other. The main issue is creating a design to connect the spine to supports without breaking regulations or being unstable. Possible though.

The main issue is creating a design to connect the spine to supports without breaking regulations or being unstable.

I made a quick and unprofessional drawing (I could've used AutoCAD, but I was being lazy) to illustrate that it is in fact possible to do. As you can see, you can make the spine a bit bigger than normal, and connect the supports with it. I think that it is perfectly doable to make the ride stable and safe. It will be a lot more expensive to make, because the forces acting on the track are twice as large as normal, resulting in much more stress on the spine and the supports. So I doubt it'll ever be done. But hey, one can dream right?

Naamloos.jpg.7a910ceb6932038df8ff4f57e13985dc.jpg

Left: side view; right: front view; black = support; grey = track

I think almost every enthusiast has dreamed of a floorless/invert hybrid, lol.

I'd love to see a giga coaster with dive coaster trains and drop, but then following the basic giga layout. Probably not an ideal scenario capacity-wise, but overall would be an awesome idea in my opinion. That or just upscale the normal dive coaster layout with a 300 ft. drop.

^ Dive Machines are short because the larger train drags a lot.

I think almost every enthusiast has dreamed of a floorless/invert hybrid, lol.

Indeed, I saw that idea a lot... and not only among enthusiasts:

Wanda is interested in the concept, and actually wants to make it a reality (for Wanda Guangzhou). Will it come to fruition or not, only time will tell.

Wanda filled a patent for that:

418e3f45692d0e41ad0a14c51819b681.jpg

7676e79b427e03bb23c9a300432e9d43.jpg

4b0d2667e2cb21e8874272a9ea5f4a2e.jpg

One idea that I had thought of recently in regards to a higher capacity Vekoma Boomerang coaster is to have a dual switch/transfer track in the station. So, while one train is making it's rounds on the track, another train could be off to the side on a transfer track loading so that way a Vekoma Boomerang could have two trains. So, once the first train is done, and the second train is full, the transfer track that the second train is on would slide over and connect to the main track. In order to really increase hourly capacity, there would still be one queue line but, in order to access both transfer tracks, there would be paths that go overhead the station platform in order to access both transfer tracks. Below is a diagram of my idea. This would be a great idea for large parks that want to install a Vekoma Boomerang coaster but are concerned about the time visitors will be waiting in order to ride even though many park’s Boomerangs aren’t that popular.

1359063317_VekomaBoomerangTransferTrack.PNG.5236c7975ce8cb7b168f4d895b6c2a0a.PNG

^ This is exactly what the Stand/Sit coaster in Yomuiriland in Japan does!

There is one looping track, but two stations with one train in each one.

And they alternate in filling and then sending off the coaster of choice.

It works great there, and I know it's quite the number of years old by now.

standingandloop3.jpg.67664294f7686b063d0ce401ba8e73f4.jpg

Photo by captain, thanks!

^ This is exactly what the Stand/Sit coaster in Yomuiriland in Japan does!

There is one looping track, but two stations with one train in each one.

And they alternate in filling and then sending off the coaster of choice.

It works great there, and I know it's quite the number of years old by now.

Yes it is a great idea. I was aware that it exists on other coasters but, it hasn't been seen on a Vekoma Boomerang coaster yet. I wonder if they have ever thought about it before?

Yes it would be doable and very appreciable for guests, but maybe it's the same reason why only one double-station Premier Rides Sky Rocket II was built: cost and reliability.

A transfert-track means more mechanical parts, more sensors, a more complex PLC... And thus more breakdowns.

One idea that I had thought of recently in regards to a higher capacity Vekoma Boomerang coaster is to have a dual switch/transfer track in the station. So, while one train is making it's rounds on the track, another train could be off to the side on a transfer track loading so that way a Vekoma Boomerang could have two trains. So, once the first train is done, and the second train is full, the transfer track that the second train is on would slide over and connect to the main track. In order to really increase hourly capacity, there would still be one queue line but, in order to access both transfer tracks, there would be paths that go overhead the station platform in order to access both transfer tracks. Below is a diagram of my idea. This would be a great idea for large parks that want to install a Vekoma Boomerang coaster but are concerned about the time visitors will be waiting in order to ride even though many park’s Boomerangs aren’t that popular.

[attachment=0]Vekoma Boomerang Transfer Track.PNG[/attachment]

I have also thought of this before. But I don't think the amount of time saved will be substantial enough to make a investment like this valid on the coaster this size.

A songrequest flat ride that goes through a list of songs people requested by phoning the park or something.

The duration of the flat ride depends on the duration of the song, but the song cannot be longer than three minutes because capacity.