TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Ride Ideas

4. A large-scale drop tower that can spin while falling

S&S has released a design for their power tower where the car (or tower?) will rotate before the car gets shot towards the ground. Take a look at it here.

I think the car will rotate. Pretty cool idea, though.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swinging water coaster. Have the cars go through a log-flume section, guided along by the overhead track, it doesn't carry the weight, because the cars are buoyant. then you hit the first drop, into the suspended swinging coaster section. then up another hill, before going down a splash drop, into the station area.

All my yes.

Actually, why not a bobsled water coaster? Like those old intamin bobsleds like La Vibora or Bobbaan at Efteling. Except with boat parts and a splash down.

Wouldn't a bodsled water coaster be kind of like a water slide?

Theme idea for a looping water coaster. Wet section first, ride audio "sorry about getting you all wet, we're going to take you through the dryer next" *ride drops into a tunnel, hot air blasts through it, you pop out the other end, launched via compressed air, into a loop with a fireball in it, like Bizarro at SFGADV, the smell of BBQ wafts from a nearby resturant, strategically placed to get the smell over to the ride. on-ride audio "sorry about that, we may have had the heat on too high"

A very long roller coaster that goes through time from the beginning of coasters to coasters right now. It would start off with Russian Mountains with a big drop. And then it goes through time to whatever whatever whatever, simulating a part of the ride it's showcasing for a short time before going off into the next part.

In a sense, yes but more sofisticated and more thrilling, and can go up as well as down

Oh yeah and the water would only be at splashdowns

Helix of wet? Car gets put into a enclosed helix, pipeline coaster style....

In a sense, yes but more sofisticated and more thrilling, and can go up as well as down

Oh yeah and the water would only be at splashdowns

Helix of wet? Car gets put into a enclosed helix, pipeline coaster style....

I mean that can be an element, but that's not rly the main point, just imagine THIS with a splashdown

^ Um... I don't think that would be possible.

Wouldn't it be centrifugal force pulling you out of your seat,

against the harness-vest-whatever you're wearing?

Just an observation. I'm no scientist.

A very long roller coaster that goes through time from the beginning of coasters to coasters right now. It would start off with Russian Mountains with a big drop. And then it goes through time to whatever whatever whatever, simulating a part of the ride it's showcasing for a short time before going off into the next part.

So basically the coaster would start off as the Crystal Beach Cyclone,turn into the original KI Bat,and end up as Drachen Fyre ?

So basically the coaster would start off as the Crystal Beach Cyclone,turn into the original KI Bat,and end up as Drachen Fyre ?

Pretty much yes, but with more coasters.

The coaster track wouldn't change though.

Haha, from this post in the very first page of this topic...

How about these:

5)Take a Intamin first generation freefall (a la Demon Drop), and after the pullout onto your back, add a layout, with airtime hills, inversions, spirals...

... to this concept KMG came with:

(it's a screenshot I took from this video)

Now I don't know if it's a new concept or an old idea of them, but it's basically an Intamin First-gen Freefall with a loop!

I think you guys are viewing it incorrectly. The train's forces are applied into the track, not off to the side... what you're seeing are the trains lined up in the station after a 45 degree turn to the right on the transfer track at the bottom left. Notice the train in the loop w/ seats oriented w/ riders on their back? It's just like an Intamin 1st gen. I LOVE this concept and could actually see it working!

Not a new coaster, but a new element. What about an airtime hill that is shaped normally, but the track itself is banked 45 degrees?

Doesn't this already exist? If I am interpreting you correctly they basically have this on Georgia Scorcher and Outlaw Run

Not the best picture but the track at the far right.

maxresdefault.jpg

here's my idea of a cool ride! YES I KNOW it's MS PAINT! lol

this idea is based on something six flags mountin had called the fire looper? except my one is suspended and a big motor turns the ENTIRE LOOP round on its own axis! i dont want anyone copying my idea!

1032486333_loopofdeath.JPG.41963370b6ac2a1c5a947c0171f36e2d.JPG

here's my idea of a cool ride! YES I KNOW it's MS PAINT! lol

this idea is based on something six flags mountin had called the fire looper? except my one is suspended and a big motor turns the ENTIRE LOOP round on its own axis! i dont want anyone copying my idea!

It's kind of like the Larson Crazy Train ride except it incorporates the Larson Giant Loop.

Larson Crazy Train:

Photo Credit: flatrides.com

Larson Giant Loop:

Photo Credit: Newsplusnotes

^ That's what I was looking for, a pic of that first flat ride, Hi-Roller.

Not a circle, but "capsule-shaped" for your convenience.

Then again, if this thing had a circle (Larson Loop)to speed around, could be quite an

intense ride. Throw in the water and smoke - Ultra Scary Ride!

Any investors around here, right now?

But if you actually think about it, this new "ride", which is a Larson Loop that also turns, then becomes...

The Perfect Example of a True "Spin 'n Spew" Flat Ride!