TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Ride Ideas

^ How about a drop section on a flying coaster.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Freefalling face first would be quite terrifying.

Or a drop section for coaster trains like X2 so that when you reach the drop section the seats tilt forward looking straight down. Also another crazy idea, What if RMC made a floorless wooden coaster (preferably a hybrid coaster), yes a gimmick but it would be interesting to see what it would be like with all the head and foot choppers.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the recent rumour that SW7 at Alton Towers is going to have a vortex tunnel style inverter contraption thing allowing it to hold the most inversions on a roller coaster record, I thought how call would it be to make various parts of coasters replaceable so that they will always hold the world record such as steepest drop on an El Loco etc.

• 3 years later...

I got an idea- the barrel roll corkscrew loop

So you get a barrel roll, and than you twist it into the shape of a corkscrew. And then you get the corkscrew and a bunch of other corkscrews and make it into a tall loop, kind of like how you would but a coiled telephone wire into a loop shape.

And then you ride it.

Yeah.

Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but...

Turn the back car of a dive machine around so it faces backwards. This would be an inexpensive way to breathe life into an old dive machine (specifically, Oblivion) and also be pretty badass.

This would be absolutely terrifying! I don't think it would be possible to do and i don't see it ever happening but very nice idea.

A duelling launch coaster.

One track has lap bars. It has an outside top hat and an airtime hill.

The other track has OTSR's. It is much taller than the first one. It has an inside top hat and a zero g roll over the other's airtime hill.

One time I had a dream with a floorless coaster and an inverted coaster in one ride. You would do the floorless section, then that track comes to an end after some straight track. In this part, there would be an overlap between the normal track and an inverted coaster track above you. So the train also has wheels on the top that attach to the inverted coaster track, and the rest of the ride is like that. That's how it would work, but the track would have to be huge due to the very heavy trains, and there's most likely no way to keep it from being dangerous. Still cool, though!

I'm going to be realistic with something we might actually see sometime in the next 5 years: A flying dive coaster. Parks can't keep building taller and faster forever, but they still need to come up with something new that is intense and exciting. A 200-300ft flying dive coaster is probably the way to go, and one of these days, this idea is going to hit somebody at B&M like a rock, and that's when we're going to see it built. Also is it just me or do flying coasters magnify G-forces because of your body position to make it seem way more intense than it actually is? I've ridden Kraken and Manta back back which have around the same level of G's but Manta seems WAY more intense. If so, a 300ft tall flying dive coaster could deliver the thrill ride that everybody has been waiting for, while sticking to typical coaster specifications and safety regulations, and while also delivering a perceptibly more intense ride, and creating something that will actually make people scream! The question is which park will build it first? Guesses?

stand-up Larson Fireball/Giant Loop

PLEASE GOD NO

Okay, maybe one with less restrictive "seats"? Or, how about a flying/lay-down Larson Fireball/Giant Loop?

I could actually see that happening. Would be fun!

Combine the 4d Freespin cars with a Larson superloop. Would combine two already popular flats (zipper and superloop).

stand-up Larson Fireball/Giant Loop

PLEASE GOD NO

Okay, maybe one with less restrictive "seats"? Or, how about a flying/lay-down Larson Fireball/Giant Loop?

I could actually see that happening. Would be fun!

Combine the 4d Freespin cars with a Larson superloop. Would combine two already popular flats (zipper and superloop).

I enjoy Larson Loops, but I LOVE Zippers, so this is an awesome idea!