TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Ride Ideas

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some coaster cars that I think would be kinda neat... definitely some obvious problems to solve...

PivotCoaster2.jpg.39e013bf78ad9f3bffb0f4308cba1c0c.jpg

This might give the sensation of a suspended without having to be suspended...

hope both riders are the same weight! :) maybe a single row setup would actually work.

pivotCoaster.jpg.4544423878e53677ebfd119fdb2a27ff.jpg

Or, more controlled with a pivot.

SpringyCoaster.jpg.4d227c5f2d878ac0dd2c4188900c2d64.jpg

I've seen playground toys that use these big springs... imagine if your seat was attached to that and you sprung around as the coaster moved...

^^ That's a lot like my idea! accept a little less complex and no tube....Good idea

I like the tube... it seems like a tube may be able to support the forces better than a typical track would.

I don't think you need a ball-bearing "wheel"... since most of the travel is forward, it seems like a wheel that can rotate freely (like on a garage creeper) would be enough to allow the chassis to rotate around the tube.

I made a couple pics of some changes to your idea.

NewTube2.jpg.177d6dd3b2c2aaa0f0f02c758f412353.jpg

As you mentioned, the cars can probably invert during rapid changes in direction

NewTube1.jpg.ee48e2c1de745da3ba70da6ce35cf63f.jpg

The chassis has a sort of tower with another set of wheels for the top... this would keep the car from falling off of the ceiling. I accidentally drew it going all the way to the top of the tube, but really it should be just a little shorter or --better yet-- able to compress some.

• 3 years later...

Well 7 years on, the spinning coaster with inversions concept is the only one that actually happened. Oh well.

I'd personally love to see a combination of the elevator lift system with the free fall system on a coaster. For example, there could be a western themed coaster that goes through its course before stopping at a mountain. It enters into a "mine shaft" before slowly being pulled upwards. Suddenly there are creaking noises, the elevator "breaks" and the track free falls back to where it started, or too a separate level before exiting to the station.

When I was younger, doodling roller coasters on my social studies notes, I came up with a (crude) car design that had wheel bogies both on top and bottom. Then half way through the course, the train would switch from being a sit down coaster to an inverted coaster.

I also doodled up a coaster with a 180 degree drop. As a joke, I built it in No Limits, and the G-force load would probably be enough to force every drop of blood in your body into your head.

Finally...inverted strata coaster with an inverted top hat taller than Kingda Ka

When I was younger, doodling roller coasters on my social studies notes, I came up with a (crude) car design that had wheel bogies both on top and bottom. Then half way through the course, the train would switch from being a sit down coaster to an inverted coaster.

I also doodled up a coaster with a 180 degree drop. As a joke, I built it in No Limits, and the G-force load would probably be enough to force every drop of blood in your body into your head.

Finally...inverted strata coaster with an inverted top hat taller than Kingda Ka

Actually, a 180 degree drop is possible if it is mega trimmed, like the El Locos.

I guess you can say the S&S Screamin' Squirrel has a 180 degree drop: