TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

V2 and Deja Vu' Question

Okay here's the thing: I'm a huge over obsessed coaster enthusiast. I'll ride pretty much anything but I have a thing about going backwards. It just makes me feel kinda weird. Is this normal or what? When I go to SFGam this summer, do you think I'll be cool on Deja Vu' and V2 or should I stay clear.(If Deja Vu' is even open )

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suprisingly have never been on a boomerang. The reason is about 3 years ago I rode backwards on a limo and the next day I had a seizure. The doctors thought that along with dehydration, riding backwards contributed to it. It's actually quite funny- had the seizure at a McDonalds(Sorry Elissa). Haven't had one since. Just a little cautious about riding backwards.

Well the parks caution with stuff like that so, I dont know... maybe you shouldt ride? Look at the signs and see if they say anything about seizures ..

Well it's been three years since I had my only one. The doctors said after a year without having one there's a 75% chance I'd nver have one again and after that the chance would get smaller and smaller. I'll probably never have one again. Going backwards is just something I'll have to watch or just try out.

However, coasterdude5, you may be putting yourself in a risky situation that could endanger your life and future health. I don't think a credit is really worth your life or a seizure.

It is truly your choice, however, if I were in that position, I would not ride.

^^Well the thing is the day before I had the seizure I was electrecuted(low shock-don't ask). So they think that probablt contributed to it also. I rode backwards for 2 hours. This is 30 seconds. I'm sure I'll be fine.

What a sucky 2 days... electricuted, seizures at Mcdonalds.. Im soo sorry.. :shock:

It was actually pretty funny- I had gotten out of the ball pit went inside to my parents; collapsed on the floor; had the seizure; ambulance came; I attacked paramedics because I thought I was still in the ball pit and they were trying to kill me. Went to the E.R. then went home.

That next week I got whatever I wanted. It was pretty scary but these days I just laugh it off.

I think you should ask your doctor, idealy the one who treated you when all this happened. Obviously he won't be able to make any guarantees, but he can probably steer you in one direction or the other.

As for the ride experiences, I vastly prefer V2 (in the back row) to Deja Vu. I really get the willies going up the back spike, and it's awesome. Deja Vu is sort of fun, but the clunky ride experience and long lines mean I usually just skip it.

There are plenty of great rides at Six Flags Great America, so you'll have a terrific time even if you are unable to ride these two.

Cameron.

I'm with Cameron....you should really ask your doctor, because it really isn't worth it. And I'd skip Deja Vu anyway (if it's even running; it wasn't last Friday when I was there) becuase I really think it sucks. It jackhammers heavily, and it feels like you are falling out the inside of the seats in the boomerang. V2 is very fun, I think, though I didn't get a chance to ride it last week...but it's pretty tame, since you are just going backwards in a straight line a few times.