TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Morgan hyper

What's your favorite Morgan hyper?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Morgan hyper?

• Mamba
    • Steel Force
    • Steel Eel
    • Wild Thing
    • Steel Dragon 2000
    • Superman el Ultimo Escape
    • Phantom's Revenge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think of all of the "state-side" Morgans, that Mamba is the best of the bunch. I have ridden all of the ones in the states and honestly it is the only one that maintains its speed through the course. The second hill and head-chopper helix are the elements that make MAMBA the best of the bunch.

^O RLY? What Mamba were you riding? Your butt isn't in the seat until you get to the bottom of the first and second hills. That isn't air time? And it EJECTS you out of your seat on the second hill. It is also a lot faster going through the helix whereas Steel Force sort of meanders through its.

I going with Steel Force even though that's the only one I've ridden. This year it is running a lot faster than it has been in previous years. Also the mcbr has been on light this year which has been resulting in pretty strong air over the bunny hills.

^First two hills and station track are Arrow. The track switches on the second drop into Morgan. I'm not sure you can call that 90% -- more like maybe 75% or so.

I do agree that it is probably my favorite hyper that Morgan had a hand in building

I have to reprezizzle for the Midwest-- Wild Thing all the way! Hooray for the floater hill.

It never ceases to make me giggle that there's an accompanying kiddie coaster called "Mild Thing." C'mon, you can't just come out and TELL children that it sucks!

I have to go with Phantom's Revenge. I still feel it should be a part of this, not only because a huge majority of the ride is Morgan, but also because it's the second half of the ride that really takes it from 'great' to 'awesome'. Airtime is just out of hand.

I went ahead and added Phantom's Revenge, because, IMO, they ride is far more in spirit a Morgan now than it is an arrow.

I believe that if the ride had been designed from the ground up today, the first couple of elements would probably still be very similar.

And, Kennywood could have easily gone back to Arrow for the re-design, but they didn't.

So I kind of felt it should be added to the poll.

--Robb

I was going to add Phantom's Revenge originally, but I though people would be saying the opposite - that it should be excluded because is wasn't completely Morgan.

But I'm cool with adding it (although my vote is now wrong)

^ Yes. And thanks Robb.

^First two hills and station track are Arrow. The track switches on the second drop into Morgan. I'm not sure you can call that 90% -- more like maybe 75% or so.

I do agree that it is probably my favorite hyper that Morgan had a hand in building

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but, I think know what part is Morgan and what is Arrow, being that it is my home park after all. I was just generalizing above.

Your butt isn't in the seat until you get to the bottom of the first and second hills. That isn't air time? And it EJECTS you out of your seat on the second hill. It is also a lot faster going through the helix whereas Steel Force sort of meanders through its.

Actually, my butt was most definitely IN the seat. Clearly it was running better on the day you were there than when I was.