TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I might be forced to ride Kingda Ka! :(

My brother that lives in Florida said that when he comes in July he might take me, my 14 year old brother, and my 28 year old brother to SFGAdv. The only problem is, if Kingda Ka is open, doesn't have ridiculously long lines, and all of my brothers want to do it, I might be forced to ride! I would be TERRIFIED to go on it and would probably be frozen in fear! Every ride that I have been afraid of and rode I liked but Kingda Ka is totally different! :scared:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never be afraid of coasters. You may look at it and say "OMFG, I am not riding that bitch" but once you ride it, you'll feel so good about yourself for accomplishing it and you will want to do it again and again. After that, you can brag to everybody that you know that you rode it.

It depends what you definition of "too intense" is. When they built S:ROS at SFDL I was afraid to ride it, and I missed out for a couple years. When I finally realized there was nothing unsafe about it, I jumped on and haven't looked back. I don't think there should be anything to worry about, because unlike me way back when, you're already into coasters. Just do it, and consider how many enthusiasts would kill to be in the position of "having to ride Kingda Ka" (me being one of them).

I would say just do it! Remember what your mom said when you didn't want to eat lima beans? "How do you know you won't like it unless you try it?"

BTW, I hate lima beans.

When I'm about to ride a large coaster I always get a little nervous, especially if their is a long line or if someone pukes on the ride.

What I do (I know this sounds lame) is pretend that I'm a stunt double and I'm doing some new trick or something. That usually helps me.

Just remember how good it'll feel when you realize you rode the world's largest coaster!

Just remember, you're saying this to an almost 11 year-old who chickened out on Steel Force, Storm Runner, and Hulk. I was too scared to ride Storm Runner, one of the smaller Intamin rockets, so I really don't think I'll ride the largest.

Also, post what it feels like to ride Kingda Ka or TTD (sure, TTD is smaller, but they are pretty much the same thing). Things like how the launch feels, how the drop feels, and since it's over so fast, if you even know what's going on would help.

Have you been on Xcelerator? Most of them don't feel anymore forceful then that. When you're coming down, you're reaching such a speed where it really dosen't feel like you're falling, and the twisty thing sort of keeps you occupied.

Try it.

i cant believe you have a chance to go on the tallest and fastest coaster in the world and you dont even want to! i know your only ten, but when you go back to school you can say you have ridden the tallest and fastest coaster in the world! what ever you do, RIDE IT! its only about 45 seconds long anyway. when you get back tell me if you rode it. 8)

-brandon-

Before i went to florida i was dreading ever going on a big coaster

but because i live in england it's a big thing.so anyway we went

to sea world the first day and i was dreading riding kraken.i was so scared

that i allmost collapsed.but went on it and then went to go on every other

coaster.TRY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT!p.s i loved it. :orangesmile:

I've ridden both TTD and Kingda Ka and I would say that the most intense part is the launch. Especially if you've never experienced a launched coaster before. While the launch doesn't pack quite the punch as some other launched coasters I've found that the rate of speed can be a little intimidating on your first ride. It just seems to accelerate faster and faster until you don't know if it is going to stop. As for the heighth, it seems like it's 400+ feet at the top but not going up or down as they happen so quickly. Trust me, coming from someone who was scared of coasters his whole life and didn't ride his first one until he was 27, go for it and have fun!