TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Best seat on Voyage?

I've rode Voyage before, but it's always been in the front seat, and a couple of rides in the back car. Is there a better seat for airtime, or just the overall experience?

I may be alone this time, so I'll have more freedom to move around and try different seats. But while I'm here...anybody planning to go to the park this Saturday?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next to last row for me. I prefer to experience all the pleasures of riding in the last car without the a$$ kicking that ensues if you ride over the wheels.

Of course, it is all just a matter of personal preference.

At least you were the smart one and sat in this same row when you rode Georgia Cyclone last year.

Next to last row for me. I prefer to experience all the pleasures of riding in the last car without the a$$ kicking that ensues if you ride over the wheels.

Of course, it is all just a matter of personal preference.

Erm, every seat is a wheel seat. The train isn't trailered. Neither is Georgia Cyclone's.

So you're over a wheel seat no matter what. It does so happen that the front of the car tracks better than the back of each car.

My favorite seat is the very front, although the back is very good too. I just couldn't take that beating anymore after a while (around 20 of my 30 rides were in the back two cars).

Erm, every seat is a wheel seat. The train isn't trailered. Neither is Georgia Cyclone's.

You are correct in that it isn't trailered, but you are sitting in a different position in the front of the car than in the back. In the front of a car you are basically sitting near the middle of the car with your feet and arms extended to the front of the car. In the back you are sitting over the wheel with your feet and arms extended to the middle of the car.

The difference is extremely noticable on Gerstlauer trains.

Anyway, to answer the question, anywhere in the back car is great for me.

Seems like everybody pretty much opts for the back, then the front, with a couple who say the middle. Since all of my previous rides have been in the front or back I'll try to get a ride or two in the middle this time.

As far as Raven is concerned...it's always the first and last coaster I ride each visit. Bad part this time is that I'll be leaving mid-to-late afternoon this time, so no nightime ride this trip.

Thanks for all your help, I'll see some of you on the midwest trip...can't wait.

You are correct in that it isn't trailered, but you are sitting in a different position in the front of the car than in the back. In the front of a car you are basically sitting near the middle of the car with your feet and arms extended to the front of the car. In the back you are sitting over the wheel with your feet and arms extended to the middle of the car.

The difference is extremely noticable on Gerstlauer trains.

Anyway, to answer the question, anywhere in the back car is great for me.

I know, I was just saying, there are 2 wheel assemblies and 2 seats. Except with one you're right on top of them, and the other your feet are right on top of them.