TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Brain Surge is such an amazing experience! Its definitely my favorite flat in the park and my third favorite attraction overall. I hear that its supposed to be a whole new experience at night and I hope to make it out to Bloomington again sometime soon. The only concern I have about the ride is reliability, it breaks down a lot...

Brain Surge is such an amazing experience! Its definitely my favorite flat in the park and my third favorite attraction overall. I hear that its supposed to be a whole new experience at night and I hope to make it out to Bloomington again sometime soon. The only concern I have about the ride is reliability, it breaks down a lot...

Keep in mind that it IS a a first of it's kind, so it's bound to have some issues.

• 1 year later...

Just went to NU for the first time (saw Camp Snoopy 8 years ago) yesterday with my family and had a great time. SBRBP was my first Euro-fighter and was great, and I was pleasantly surprised by how thrilling Orange Streak and Family Odd Coaster were. I missed the Avatar Airbender credit, but my wife and daughter got on it. The log flume was amazing! Seven hours in the park, and we still missed riding 3 rides! Glad I got my coaster fix after 5 months off. I can't believe they got all this into the mall.

• 4 months later...
In an interview with Nickelodeon Universe posted to Park Thoughts, the park confirms that there is a big new ride in the works for 2012 as well as a few other projects.

ScreamScape

Park Thoughts

According to the interview, next year could bring a significant new ride, nothing that hasn't been done before, but exciting none the less, and an addition to the ropes course.

• 4 weeks later...

Fans of Tak Attack (aka Mighty Axe) better get in their last rides while they can. It sounds like the ride is on its way out to make way for something described as "new", "tall", "first", & "spinny."

In fact, the park has such a great relationship with Gerstlauer that I'd put my money on them.

I'd almost even say that it might be something on this page:

http://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/products/flat-rides/

hmm......

Rotoshakes seem to be a maintenance nightmare. Six Flags America had one, Knott's had one, and now MOA is getting rid of theirs.

The ride isn't even fun. It's like a slow, clunky top spin that takes up too much space.

A Sky Roller probably wouldn't fit in Tak Attack's plot (it's rectangular, the Sky Roller uses a circular one), but the new Sky Fly possibly could. I really can't think of any other rides that Nickelodeon Universe doesn't have that would fit in that kind of plot.

• 2 months later...

^Interesting. I'm also glad I was able to experience such an uncommon ride. But I won't miss it too much as I was underwhelmed by the ride experience, having expected something more thrilling. I wonder what will replace it.

The ride isn't even fun. It's like a slow, clunky top spin that takes up too much space.

My thoughts exactly.

The top of the NU website now reads:

Tak Attack will close permanently starting November 14. An exciting new ride will be opening in 2012!

http://nickelodeonuniverse.com

Sad to see it go, but at least I got to experience it before it went. Are there any Roto-shakes left in the US? The only other one I can think of is in Dubai.

Sadly no,SFA & KBF were the only other US parks that had them.

If I understand correctly, we may be seeing the first Gerstlauer SkyRoller in the United States. Could be interesting!

Looks to be the recent released Sky Fly actually. Similar ride vehicles, just set in a rectangular arrangement, better accomadating the Tak Attack spot.

T...M...N...T