TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

The park just really needs a PR department, they could really use good advertising for JUST the park, as it would probably bring more people in.

Really? The park has been that dead? I've only gone twice, and both times I've been there, it's been busy. Granted I've been there on a Saturday so not only was NU crowded, so was the mall.

I'm not saying it was dead, just that if they make more public announcements of rides, then they may be able to boost their attendance. I had no idea that they were transforming the park into Nick Universe, let alone added more great rides, until I was a member here. Living within driving distance of the mall, no one around me is even aware that there is a park inside of MoA, and that you can go there all year round.

The park just really needs a PR department, they could really use good advertising for JUST the park, as it would probably bring more people in.

Really? The park has been that dead? I've only gone twice, and both times I've been there, it's been busy. Granted I've been there on a Saturday so not only was NU crowded, so was the mall.

I'm not saying it was dead, just that if they make more public announcements of rides, then they may be able to boost their attendance. I had no idea that they were transforming the park into Nick Universe, let alone added more great rides, until I was a member here. Living within driving distance of the mall, no one around me is even aware that there is a park inside of MoA, and that you can go there all year round.

I live in Indianapolis, and I actually have seen many billboards advertising Nickelodeon Universe at MoA. I've even seen a few commercials. I really don't know why they are advertising it all the way over here, but they do.

^A couple summers ago, every other commercial break on I think it was ABC Family there was a Cedar Point commercial. I'm all the way over here in Omaha, Ne. I thought it was very strange.

I live a mile from MoA, and can attest to the fact that the PR for NU sucks big time. They have one commercial, with generic shots and a song playing, that hasn't changed since NU took over the park. I had no idea a new ride was going in until I saw the facebook update today! Guess I'll have to drop by there next week and check it out!

^A couple summers ago, every other commercial break on I think it was ABC Family there was a Cedar Point commercial. I'm all the way over here in Omaha, Ne. I thought it was very strange.

Yea a lot of parks advertise as far as they can away from their park. Here in dallas we get commercials from SeaWorld San Antonio a lot. We also used to get commercials from SF Fiesta Texas and Even SF Astroworld back in the day.

I must say, I love how the people at NU keep adding rides! That was the only thing Camp Snoopy really lacked.

However, I much preferred Camp Snoopy. It was a kajillion times greener, and it was actually landscaped better than a lot of outdoor parks. Now, it's just colored floors and cement... It's like they took Camp Snoopy, chew it up, then threw it back up all over the place

Back to the new ride, I must say, I don't know if I'm excited or not. It doesn't look at all thrilling, but it does look like a TON of fun. I guess it's gonna be one of those things where you don't know until you ride.

As far as PR goes, even though I live like, 5 minutes away, I often forget it exists....

I suddenly just got a LOT more excited for this ride

And as far as capacity is concerned, Camp Snoopy (I will forever call it by it's true name.... I guess It'd be Knott's Camp Snoopy... ) is rarely populated, with walk-ons on virtually everything at any given time, so I'm not at all concerned about the lines once the initial "OOOHHH NEW!" wears off.

I thought someone said the Rotoshake was removed. You can see it in the second picture.

The awesome fiberglass axe on the top of it was removed, and it was rethemed to Tak (Seriously, does anyone even know what that IS anymore...), but it wasn't removed, clearly

Nice pictures!...although it would be cool to see what it looks like from above as well. Perhaps ride the ferris wheel and snap some pics from up there if you have time. Either way, this is looking a lot better than I initally thought it would.