TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

DAMNIT! I was all ready to listen at 5 in the morning to get my chance but NO. Crap this sucks I know I could've done this. Oh well. I guess I'll have to convince PR at Valleyfair to resurrect Survive it and drive it (Marathon Wild Thing) I'm trying to convince my brother to do this

Yeah this is typical KDWB. In the past, they would do something of the same type with Wild Thing at VF. But instead of a cruise, you would get a car (either a Toyota or Scion, I can't remember well). I'd sign up in a heartbeat, but I'm a hair too young. Maybe next year...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an update to the Ride the Tide Challenge from what I saw on the news live...

Of out of ten participants, five dropped out from the first hour and a half. I laughed when that happened because when they did the Survive it and Drive it, It lasted two weeks. I'll give them one week tops.

As of 6:30PM local time, news reports are there are only 3 riders remaining at this time.

Historically the KDWB contests are less about riding the coaster and more about putting up with the challenges given after the first day. This includes trivia contests, voting off the coaster, food challenges and other tasks.

I have not tortured my ears listening to the station this year.

No I did not attempt to enter.

Jerry

As of around noon today, there were only three riders left. I guess they all dropped like flies. I'm actually at the mall tonight so I am keeping an eye on them...they still look like they are having a good time (oh and I am the one who gets to deliver the $1000 cash prize to the winner if there is one tonight...lucky me).

Well it's all over and done. A 40 year old guy named Jim won.

NAME: Jim

FUN FACT: Has stood on the equator in Kenya

WHAT’S YOUR HOOK?: The Goofball

WHAT MAKES YOU THE MOST NERVOUS ABOUT THIS CONTEST: Being the first one off

IF YOU WIN, WHO WILL YOU TAKE WITH YOU ON THE CRUISE: His son, brother-in-law, and nephew

He may have been afraid to be the first one off but he ended up last. Congratulations.

This contest was much shorter that 2005's Survive and Drive It on Wild Thing. That one took around two weeks.

• 6 months later...
I went on it when it was Paul Bunyan in 1993, 1996, & 1999. It's been a long time so I can't really remember it. I have the ride picture from 1993 & 1996. Anyone else have a ride picture from when it was the Paul Bunyan theme?

The ride has had the Paul Bunyan theme since the ride opened in 1992 and still had it a week ago. The ride just shortened the name of the ride from "Xcel Energy Presents Paul Bunyan's Log Chute" to simply "Log Chute" when the park reopened last spring. Now it will have a Back to the Barnyard theme.

Some Pictures of the ride in its former glory:

R.I.P. Park at MoA

Seriously, this was the last good ride at the park that was not trashed with Nickelodeon theming. I rode Log Chute last year, and there was a sign above the entrance that said it would become a "Back at the Barn Yard" themed ride. The original Paul Bunyan's Log Chute was pretty much a smaller, newer version of Knott's Timber Mountain Log Ride. Now imagine if Knott's did something like this to their flume too... Big mistake, Mall of America.

• 2 weeks later...