TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

I mentioned earlier that the park raised the price of an annual pass to discourage anyone from buying them. I know that sounds weird, but the park makes NO money off of them. They don't want you to buy them...they want you to spend $30 dollars everytime you come.

Thanks, Looty. The main PR guy called me last Thursday, and it sounds like they are at least going to re-think the annual pass pricing. Having spoken to him a couple times, and some of the folks in the park office, it sounds like they have received a lot of complaints based on the 3/12 newspaper article.

Me personally, as I told the Mall folks, the pass is what brings me to the Mall. We go because my 7 year old daughter likes to ride & we come out with bags of stuff from the stores. That's a side benefit for the Mall they might be forgetting. We skipped having the pass one year because she lost interest and we just didn't go there to shop. It's the other side of the Twin Cities for us with lots of closer shopping.

Dang, for an indoor theme park, I find it a bit outragous!

Shoot, I average about $89 a year for my PREFERRED Universal Annual Pass and that INCLUDES both parks (USF & IOA) & free parking.

the guy has every reason to have a fit over the price increase. Especially if he was a pass holder previously. Just another victim of inflation? Maybe. Its getting hard to "enjoy" yourself nowadays isn't it?

Yes, the season pass is a little over priced, but think about it, nick universe is open 364 days of the year, thats a pretty long season compared to that of other parks that are open for 150 days of the year for cheaper, so I think its not that bad of a deal.

I don't want to drag this annual pass price discussion out because the sys admins are not happy with it, but please read my post at the top of page 118 if you haven't already.

You're right, it is open 364 days. That's why I compared it to the non-seasonal Disney parks instead of a seasonal park like Valleyfair, King's Island, or most Six Flags parks.

When did a season pass become a neccesity? Its not like they raised the price of bread to more then double. You don't need this, so don't buy it. think of it this way a family of four not buying the pass now has 1,000 dollars to plan a trip to someplace they haven't been to 100 times. It's not exactly a tradegy.

• 3 weeks later...

Last I heard, Stampede Steakhouse will become a new restaurant. As far as the Log Chute goes...I have no idea about the Barnyard animals. I was very surprised to see the banner hanging there. It wouldn't surprise me though of they changed their mind on it. They changed a lot of their initial plans to get to what the park is now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll admit, it's pretty sad when all of your friends and co-workers excitedly come tell you of a coaster riding contest that "you would totally win!" And while I unfortunately don't think it's possible for me to participate, I'm hoping there is some TPR'er out there who can !

Here's the deal... a local radio station is sponsoring a coaster riding contest on Avatar Airbender (Intamin Halfpipe) at the Mall of America. They are taking 12 riders and-- while I don't know the specific rules and regulations-- you win some crazy good stuff if you outlast the other riders:

--Airfare and a 7 day Royal Caribbean cruise for 4 to Mexico in the Ben & Jerry's suite (Mmmm ice cream)

--$1000 spending money

--A "Golden Lifetime Pass" for a family of four to Nick Universe

Check it out for yourself

The thing that struck me as weird about this is, in theory, it should be WAY easier than other contests like this in the past. For one, it's only 12 people total which would mean pretty good odds. Secondly, it's freaking INSIDE! No scorching heat, no rain or cold...nothing.

I guess my question is if they are closing the ride to the public (capacity is only 12 to begin with), will they just cycle the thing non-stop until "break time?" I would think not, but if so I would bet people would drop like flies in no time.

SO...any takers? I would totally come cheer you on! And while I don't expect half of the prize winnings, I wouldn't say no

I have always found these types of contests interesting. I would never have a chance, after 6 laps on Nitro last month without leaving my seat I was starting to feel a little sick, I can't imagine riding any coaster nonstop for more than an hour.

^Yeah, I would think this competition would be pretty easy going, half pipes aren't that intense really..I've whored the one at Wet 'n' Wild a fair few times. I'd do this if I lived near the park.

If I didn't have classes and a job, I would actually think about it! Hell, at the very least, I 'd have a cool story to tell and a good reason to go back to the Twin Cities. Unfortunately, I have a classes... and a job.

Nevertheless, I need to get back to Minnesota sometime soon.

I would so do this but the problem is, I dont even get that radio station here in Florida, so I already can't qualify. But seriously, if I did qualify, I would do it, I have the money to afford a plane ticket (I've been saving up for something big for ages.) This would be an awesome thing to do. And even if I started to feel sick, I'd force myself to ride it. One question though, what happens if you have to go to the bathroom? Anyone know...?

DAMMIT!

I seriously went to the page with the intent of signing up. I mean, they are giving away a cruise, and if there is anything that Elissa and I like to do as much as a theme park trip, it's a cruise.

I could EASILY do this. No problem at all...

But then I saw the very first rule....

Contestants must be 18 years of age or older, reside in the KDWB TSA listening area and have a valid MN or WI ID.

*sigh*