TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

It was a trip...a 10 minute drive to the mall! lol

I live 10 minutes from Woodfield Mall in Illinois, so I can only imagine what a nightmare traffic on the interstate might be like 10 minutes from MOA.

Getting in and out of MOA is ten times easier than getting to and from Woodfield. I hate that mall even more than Gurnee Mills.

Hopefully they'll learn to run two trains. . .

Especially on Avatar. What's up with those boomerang 1 train ops? Couldn't resist.

So the color scheme for Orange streak is green tracks and supports, orange train with green stripe, and blue station with various shades of blue circles? Hmmm.....I've gotta rough model this...Be back in a while.

Ok, based on Looty's details posted above, this is a VERY rough vis of the COLOR SCHEME only. Obviously POS (LOL! now that's a great acronym!) is tivoli type coaster with long trains and they don't look like cars. Same for station. Rough arch type thing. Not meant to be a final whatsoever. Just a guess. That said, here ya go...

rcs3.jpg.bf39978685622532058bb36f9c62e2a5.jpg

And, I had time a couple weeks ago, so I modified an included half-pipe track and threw together a quick quasi-spring tower. Eye-searing LEDs not included.

rcs2.jpg.6f92cdeff1da60bc4670a640b302b021.jpg

Stripe close up.

rcs1.jpg.67d7be55b7d398a59e81c1c53f3f922e.jpg

Overview.

They hardly ever use the second train on Ripsaw. They put it on when ridership is expected to be over a certain number and when they have the proper staffing. It takes four employees to run Ripsaw with 2 trains, and the crowds in the park over the last year haven't been strong enough for two trains...but I can almost guarantee that you'll see two trains often this year for Nickelodeon. The mall is expecting an additional 2 million visitors this year just for Nick Universe!

I went to the Mall of America in 1998 that I rode Pepsi Ripsaw Roller Coaster, Screamin' Yellow Eagle, Treetop Tumbler, Flying Kite, Paul Bayern's Log Flume, more that is cool that I never went on ride Timberline Twister since so I could go there and let me ride on all and new roller coasters are there.