TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Wow, that drop looks intense! I love the look of this thing, it should be a really good ride.

Do any other Eurofighter models curve on the first drop like that? I've only ever seen two (Speed, Typhoon), and their drops don't.

Dollywood's does here, but it's different than MOA's

I wish the drop off of the MCBR was like Mystery Mine and I wish it had the horseshoe turn like it. That drop and turn is one of the best spots on Mystery Mine other than the ending! Itdrop is so tight it gives nice ejector in the back row and that turn gives a cool feeling!

p19552.jpg.866cbc2924875418cf23b819ae757ece.jpg

That drop and turn rocks!

(From:RCDB)

I didnt hurt me! I loved it! It was some of the best ejector! You really have to know the ride to know how is the best to ride it in certian spots. Like the last part is bet just to let go. Ive ridden Mystery Mine 50 or 60 times.

I think they moved the cam alittle too far over. What do you guys think?

I think because this coaster was built in such a restricted space, the amount of structural support that the support beams provide isn't as strong as it could be. And as a compensation to the oblique support design, Gerstlauer thought it was best to equip the coaster with tri-rail track to act as an extra supporting agent for the ride.

To chime in w/ everyone I think it is cheeper to do the tri tube track vs the flat standard track. Less footers means less digging and less land prep. I think it also depends on what the park wants. I think this coaster could have been made totally 2 tube track but with about double the supports. Even though the new track style was probably available when dollywood got mystery mine, I think to hold on to the mine train charm the entire course was done in 2 tube track!