TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

More of Spongebob's background has been put up.

I wonder why they're leaving gaps in between the panels.

You know I was thinking they are doing gap thing on purpose. Looks kinda cool to me.

It looks like the wall behind the coaster is curved a bit - this is probably to prevent any warping of the panels if they were all one piece. I totally agre with you, haide - it looks pretty cool.

^^Sort of. The rail isn't joined yet in the 5:40 shot. It's 6:21 and they are still tightening bolts on that final connection.

It looks like the last connection was off an inch or so, (you can see the ends aren't flush) and they had to convince everything to line up enough that they could bolt it together. I think they had to use a come-along to pull them into alignment or something.

The crane was outside the footprint for part of the loop. They'll drive it back out under the first drop.

So who thinks that they should throw some simulated beach underneath this? Glad to see the Track done! Can't wait to get out there to ride it. I am looking forward to trying out the eurofighter style. They have always intrigued me!

So who thinks that they should throw some simulated beach underneath this?

*Raises hand*

This is the first Eurofighter I've seen where I'm actually impressed and wanna go ride it. Maybe because its indoors or not, I don't know. But the layout looks awesome!

Hey, really glad they finished up before I went to work this morning.

If you look close enough, the taller construction worker closest to the cam just saved 15% on his car insurance by switching to Geico.

Brilliant!

uwgbdork wrote:

So who thinks that they should throw some simulated beach underneath this?

*Raises hand*

Two words. Big Pineapple.

^^Sort of. The rail isn't joined yet in the 5:40 shot. It's 6:21 and they are still tightening bolts on that final connection.

It looks like the last connection was off an inch or so, (you can see the ends aren't flush) and they had to convince everything to line up enough that they could bolt it together. I think they had to use a come-along to pull them into alignment or something.

Well, if ya gotta split hairs, I was going by the NASA assembly rules, i.e. the time two objects touch and have at least one connection, then that's the official time of installation. All the other bolt tightening is post facto, but whatever. Have it your way. It's done, I'm happy. Next.