TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Yeah yeah, everyone's doing it. Went to the MOA today to shop and took some uber-geeky photos. Trying not to post too much what everyone already has, but that's probably impossible!

Overview

Freaking tall!

"IMA LIFT CHAIN, I PULLZ U 2 THE TOP"

"Look Ma, no footers!" effect

The official name for this is "surfboard carriage-thingy"

Glancing across the park

So tall!

Future site of...Gak fountain? Signage? Time will tell (right smack dab infront of Axe)

Hmm...what could be under the tarp? I have noooo idea!

Coolness:

It's so flamingly flaming

Triangular goodness

Come on, all the cool kids are doing it!

All in all there was a TON of buzz going on there from families walking by the construction site...it was super cute seeing the littler kids grab their parents arm while looking up, up, up at the drop

Yeah yeah, everyone's doing it. Went to the MOA today to shop and took some uber-geeky photos. Trying not to post too much what everyone already has, but that's probably impossible!

Oh no...there can NEVER be too many photos...

Looks like we have another convert folks. For the rest of us who are several states away, (including confusion and delerium), thank you again for going out and getting these pics. It's much appreciated. Also, I'm putting my request for a Waterpark of America PTR. Well, if I'm already living vicariously, I'm going whole hog baby! Wooooooo! (relizes age). Oh. Hey! That lift hills really tall!

Holy crap! Every time I check this thread to see how construction is going I am surprised at how much track has been put up. This thing looks like it will be a lot of fun!

In regards to the flames on the cars, does anybody think it could be a reference to the "Fiery Fist of Pain" roller coaster episode of Spongebob?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqbKVYR4Ofo

Well, if the cars are supposed to resemble Buses like on Spongebob, They didn't do a good job. They must be BoatMobiles then. It's interesting to see how all this is going up as the Nickelodeon area at Universal Studios Hollywood is coming down. Pity.

I'm pretty sure it's called Rock Bottom Plunge because of the "Glove World" episode. In order to get to Rock Bottom, you take a vertical drop right down into a giant pit (sort of like the first drop!)

I have the direct webcam feed on my desktop sidebar, which makes it really fun to watch the progress! Looks like they just have to make the loop and finish off the first drop.

^ Nice! Good grief that vert drop is tall.

It's not camp snoopy anymore, man.

Some palm trees would be nice, but I don't know.

I was thinking the same thing, plus cover the ground with real sand. That'd be awesome theming!

Maybe some sandcastles and a beach scene set up. Blankets, Toys BEach Balls. Something along those lines would look really cool!

I am heading to MOA in November of next year and I have never been!! I am really excited now!!!