TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

I think I love it so far... I think it might be worth the visit. I've wanted to go to MOA anyways so this will only make it better and I don't know how but I completely over looked the fact that this has 2 inversions in it lol. I guess it just being a "Spongebob" ride I really didn't expect them to put any inversions. But anyhow I love it so far!

Acctually, it is a cutback, not seen on a coaster since 1992 when Drachen Fire opened a Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

Looty Said over on Thrillnetwork that Gerstlauer calls it a "Split Loop" not a Cutback, Overbanked Turn, or Immelmann. Maurer SC-2000s have Immelmann Turns like the one on Spider at Lagoon and Zierer's First Tower Launch Coaster, Wicked, also at Lagoon, has an Immelmann.

^ Now that is what we need to see! That "inverted horseshoe thingie" is starting to shape up.

bdstrom, that would be an "Immelmann."

That isn't immelman. Immelman is a half loop and then into half corkscrew. Found mostly on B&M. But whatever that thing is called, heck, it's cool!

Overbanked turn sounds like an appropriate name for this element.

^ Now that is what we need to see! That "inverted horseshoe thingie" is starting to shape up.

That isn't immelman. Immelman is a half loop and then into half corkscrew. Found mostly on B&M. But whatever that thing is called, heck, it's cool!

Half loop into dive loop.

I'm really excited for all these expansions. My sister might be going to the University of Minnesota for college, so I'll have plenty of chances to go here!

bdstrom wrote:

linearinduction wrote:

bdstrom wrote:

Half loop into dive loop.

I prefer jelly sandwich. Thankfully we ALL agree it's cool and want to see more. Right? (wink wink nudge nudge)

Over 100 wallpaper sized photos from 1.12.08 . Check them out.

Good photos, but you should just be able to download the file, not have to go through some special client/go-between program thing that hogs memory and is ultimately useless. Oh well.

Anyway sportsfans, construction is back on tonight. Any bets on what time the webcam will tank?