TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Again, based on where they are planning on putting it, and the references to "adult frog hopper" they have made, I think chances are slim that it will be an S&S tower. I could be wrong, but that is my intuition.

Also, I don't think that Galaxyland and The Park are all that acoustically similar, isn't Galaxyland more spread out, where The Park is all in one "room".

• 3 months later...

http://www.twincities.com/allheadlines/ ... ck_check=1

"Changes at the park will go much deeper than the name. Mall of America is investing about $30 million in park improvements including four new rides, healthy food options and a high-tech ticketing system.

Three of the new rides, to be built in the center of the park - it really is being called "center of the universe" - will replace the underused fountain with water canyons. They are:

An Avatar-themed surf rider that oscillates on a U-shaped track.

A bouncing spring ride aimed at bigger kids and adults.

Kiddy bumper cars.

The fourth new ride, a SpongeBob-themed roller coaster, will be in the northwest corner of the park.

Along with the fountain, the mall is eliminating the Mystery Mine simulated ride, which Maureen Bausch, the mall's vice president of business development, called "dated."

Other current rides will remain, although many will be re-themed. The

Ferris wheel, for example, is going to Dora, who will also get her own Dora Plaza with sculptures and seating."

I am guessing the Avatar one is the Half Pipe, the boucing spring ride is the freefall, and Spongebob is the Eurofighter.

Edited by larrygator

Well, at least the company now managing the park seems to be willing to invest a lot of money in to the park. I hope they keep the trees and foliage because it made the park unique and not some cavernous shed.(Mt. Olympus' Parthenon and Galaxyland are great examples) I would also like to know how they plan to add all that they want to since the park seemed filled up from the photo's I've seen. I haven't been to the park since not long after opening(it was still run by Knotts), so I might have a reason to return to the park.

So they're getting two new coasters? A Half Pipe and a Eurofigter? Or is the Avatar themed one actually going to be a Disko?

I can't really see how a coaster could be themed to Spongebob, especially a Eurofighter, but hopefully it will look good.

Is the eurofighter definatly going ahead??The ECC are doing another big america tour in 2008, and they are dong the mall of america which will end the trip, and we are really hoping the eurofighter will go ahead so we can all do it

This is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, what little kid is going to want to ride a Eurofighter themed to spongebob, I mean just because its spongebob doesnt mean that little kids are going to ride it. And Avatar themed disko and/or half pipe would be cool, but making it a Nick themed place is the dumbest move ever, I would have themed it on Discovery Channel before I theme something to Nickelodeon, unless you have REALLY good plans for it that will fit with the park.

^

Anyways, why would they theme a Eurofighter to Spongebob, it's not going to be a kiddie ride.

Imagine all the little kids that are going be crushed because they can't ride the spongebob coaster

Well keep in mid that this isn't Cedar Point, so just because the coaster is taller than 50 feet, it will not have a 54 inch minimum height requirement. I have to agree though, it would have been better th theme Timberland Twister or even Ripsaw(Well this would be difficult since it goes over the whole park) to Spongebob, but theming a looping coaster to Spongebob isn't the best idea. I'm sure there are many kids who watch the show that will be unable to ride, and those that do probably don't want to ride a Spongebob coaster.

Of all Nickelodeon characters/shows, can someone name one that is better suited for a adult ride than Spongebob.

Didn't think so.

If they left the Eurofighter unthemed, the same people bitching about it being Spongebob themed would bitch that it is unthemed.

While many think Spongebob is solely for kids they are many jokes embedded within the show that make Spongebob an entertaining show for adults also.

As someone else said, focus on the positive. New coaster and money being invested in a park.

Well keep in mid that this isn't Cedar Point, so just because the coaster is taller than 50 feet, it will not have a 54 inch minimum height requirement.

Have you even been to CP? They definatly do not have very stringent height limits. If you want stringent height limits, come to SFNE, where our wooden coaster and hyper coaster both have 54" height limits

Back on topic, this completly sucks. Theming a Eurofighter to Spongebob is a stupid decision, I have no idea why a Eurofighter fits a Spongebob theme, and I think that Avatar would have been a better choice for a theme for it, and Spongebob would have been a better theme for the Disko.

Well Nickelodean sucks now with all the shows on it now and Spongebob is like the longest running show on it now so it makes sense. And if you saw the Spongebob movie, you would know just from that how they treat adults well also. I wouldn't like to see an Adult Swim park....I'll just stop there.