TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

^your welcome. I do agree that we need more of these in the U.S. I think these would best fit smaller parks especially ones like Frontier City, Lakeside, Joyland (Wichita, KS). Even though these are already in some large places, imagine one going into a huge one like CP. Capacity would be horrible. You are right that they aren't expensive. Especially compared to other thrill coasters. I think that Vild Svinet was only a coupe million. The prices aren't bad for the punch it packs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

(AP) Bloomington, Minn. Goodbye, Snoopy and Charlie Brown. Say hello to SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and Jimmy Neutron.

The Mall of America announced Wednesday that it has signed a branding-rights deal with the cable television network Nickelodeon for the megamall's indoor amusement park.

The park used to be called Camp Snoopy, but the mall's 13-year partnership with the "Peanuts" gang ended last year. Since then, the amusement park has been simply named, "The Park at MOA."

The Bloomington mall also plans to add a new ride, a freefall tower aimed at teens and adults. It already has a log flume and a roller coaster.

And a new roller coaster is planned based on the animated series, "Avatar: The Last Airbender." Construction on the upside-down roller coaster will begin this year.

The announcement comes amid the megamall's plans for a $1.9 billion expansion that would about double its size and includes an 8,000-space parking garage. The plan seeks a package of $234 million in state and local subsidies.

(© 2007 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. )

Sounds awesome! Start the posting!

^Im pretty sure Nickelodeon isnt going to attract a bunch of teens. I always thought that channel was aimed at the 6-13 crowd, and if you ask me, thats just the crowd that theme parks want.

Most likely the Eurofighter will be the Avatar coaster since i think in the show they can fly on clouds and do flips and stuff lol....I dont know ive never watched that show but just like on commercials or something while flipping through the channels

It could always be a mini Intami Gyro-tower. I would say don't rule out the companies that make generic drop rides, but MOA looks like the park that uses professionals IMO. As for Avatar, I'm saying its the Euro Fighter aswell. Theres no reason to shoot down the proposed ride, and the claim fits the layout.

I'm guessing the name may change on Timberland Twister. Think about it, the dude spins on a little ball of air, TT spins... EH?

I understand, he's saying the Avatar coaster could be the Timberland Twister. I'm personally a big fan of the show, and it just makes sense. But then again, the Eurofighter would work too, like you people have been saying. And the note on the first post saying it would be upside down wouldn't make any sense for TT. So we'll just have to see...

They could get a Double Shot maybe

*drool* Yes, please.

Avatar is actually the "oldest" show Nickelodeon shows, at least in terms of its audience. It's the only show on that channel I can ever stand to watch.

And I don't see why it shouldn't be the Euro-Fighter. They said it would be "upside-down," and in the GP world, that means it has an inversion or two.

I wonder if a gyro tower would fit, though? I'm assuming they'll be placing it so that the highest part of the tower goes up to one of the "higher" parts of the roof, and a whole gyro tower carriage wouldn't fit. You can see what I mean in this pic:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2508.htm?picture=17

I think an S&S tower would fit better, and I really don't think it matters that Valleyfair has one, as well. A fun ride is a fun ride, know what I mean?

A Gyro-tower would work considering how many seats are on it oppossed to S&S towers. Plus, I think if it were an S&S it would make it a single tower which would kill capacity. One S&S tower has around a 400pph.

As a former Full Time/Year Round ride operator at the park in question, I can tell you that capacity is rarely an issue there. The park gets a decent flow, but many a day I sat around at my ride waiting for customers- occasionally offering free rides to cute guys just to give me something to do!