TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

If I wanted to pay for cheese at the mall, I'd go to Rybicki Cheese on the third floor.

You don't need to pay for that. Just time it right for when they are giving out free samples and feast on all the cheeses.

If I wanted to pay for cheese at the mall, I'd go to Rybicki Cheese on the third floor.

You don't need to pay for that. Just time it right for when they are giving out free samples and feast on all the cheeses.

I did exactly that this afternoon!

I had the opportunity to experience Fly-over America twice today. It's a truly magnificent attraction and I'm so glad they got it up and running while I was still in town. I immediately compared it to Disneyland's Soarin' attraction, and I'm unable to decide which is better. I prefer Soarin's score and I also like it's progression from Day--> Dusk --> Night (as opposed to Flyover's random night scene thrown in towards the beginning). That said, this is a beautiful film and I like the more ambitious use of effects (mist, multiple scents, etc). I'm not sure I'll ever decide which I like better.

The only negative thing I have to say about our experience was the ridiculous pre-show video. It was painful to watch for several reasons, but some particular issues I had with it were the terribly dubbed singing at the beginning, and awkward hip hop sequence. That video feels like it belongs in a different attraction. It sets you up for something far different than a beautifully shot, compiled, and scored nature film. Even if it had been done well, it does not make sense given the tone of the rest of the attraction.

The staff we came into contact with were all great. They made a huge effort to interact with everyone as they filed into the grouping area, and managed to be energetic despite not getting much help from the guests.

It looks like they can control which bays are in motion during each flight. Rode it with my family again and noticed that only our two rows were out. They were very accommodating with a wheelchair, which is nice to see.

Im not sure you can compare a mall attraction to a Disney one

Yes you can. It's pretty much the same technology as Soarin'. This was just as good as Disney if not better, in both my families and my own opinion. Granted, you don't get the Disney atmosphere, and I could do without the cheese fest that is the safety video.

But eh, if you don't like the mall atmosphere I can understand.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anybody with any information have a clue on the immediate future of Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Collider? I was under the assumption that it was a maitancence nightmare and that the NU executives weren't big fans of it. I was told to expect a removal "in the near future".

But it still keeps running...

By the way, Crayola is crap. Big disappointment. Wouldn't be surprised to see this "permanent addition" be yanked out in favor of something else. I honestly think they are better served putting a larger, new store in there.

• 2 months later...
just got back from the mall other day.. and ran into a very important person.. they said...a new coaster is coming. and also look in park. for makers .supposedly their every were, spread out all over the park....if anyone cares to take pics. thanks

That's nice. Quick someone go waste your time and get some pictures since this poster didn't take any.

Was the "very important person" the Dippin' Dots guy?

I know that if they want a new coaster they'll find a place to put it, but I have no idea where they could fit one.

Well the space above the arcade near the ferris wheel, opposite of Spongebob has been empty ever since they demo'ed that space a while ago at the end of winter, thats the only place I can think of to fit a coaster.

nope manager.they said they watched the video of it...and from what the person told me.. "its goin" around the park like streak, i was like ummmm.. ok were????they also said its not going be a thrilling coaster. height limit is 42 inches. also they said what kind. and im STOKED....its something we need.....in addittion they said they aren't happy about fly over america. its not doing as good as they thought. originally thats were another coaster was going to go. a complete different kind..so lets hope and pray..

nope manager.they said they watched the video of it...and from what the person told me.. "its goin" around the park like streak, i was like ummmm.. ok were????they also said its not going be a thrilling coaster. height limit is 42 inches. also the said what kind. and im STOKED....its something we need.....

I find it hard to believe that the manager of the park would reveal the top secret plans of future additions to a random park-goer.

Sorry, I'm not buying that this actually happened. If I'm wrong, great, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• 5 months later...

I was at the park today and had a fun few hours. Have to give a shout-out to the SpongeBob crew for being on it with the fast dispatch times. They were running three trains and doing so with little to no stacking. Fastest time I recorded was 31 seconds (granted it's only an 8-passenger train, but still fairly impressive compared to some parks).

IMG_4431.thumb.JPG.c3bd6896e414b4300e051505bb47b7c0.JPG

• 2 months later...

Spent a couple hours in the park today and found out that that construction going on in the corner where the arcade was located by American Girl/Atomic Collider will be an escape room.

Surprisingly, today was my first time on the park's Moser drop tower. After operating an S&S tower for two years and having experienced Falcon's Fury, it was definitely a fun little tower. Good pops (teases) of airtime that scared the school group I rode with.

Either I have dreadful aim, or many of the Ghost Blasters targets aren't working.

Also shamelessly sang the log flume song during my ride.

• 1 month later...
Spent a couple hours in the park today and found out that that construction going on in the corner where the arcade was located by American Girl/Atomic Collider will be an escape room.

Do you have a source? The Mall of America already has an escape room; IMO they would go for something a little different before adding another escape room...

Do you have a source? The Mall of America already has an escape room; IMO they would go for something a little different before adding another escape room...

There was a banner in the area advertising it when I went. Now that it has opened on 3rd floor, I am beginning to question it. But it wouldn't surprise me if that banner was advertising a separate escape room. The mall plays host to 3 Starbucks and 5 Caribou coffees, so competing escape rooms would not surprise me.

Again, that banner is old at this point, so I have no idea if it's even still up.

Similar to Pepsi Orange Streak, I think they would get a park-wide Vekoma motorbike coaster for families with LIM launches. IMO, if they build another roller coaster, it will have to go throughout the park for space concerns.