TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

It looks like it is a single theater with a capacity of 60 with three rows of 20, and a airport seatbelt is the only thing restraining you. Price of admission is $16-17 without any discount or packages added. I'm not sure what they would do for any sort of discount-- maybe someone reach out to Robb or Ernie to see if CLUBTPR would ask them about a special discount? Otherwise, it sounds like a pretty good attraction. I might go out there on Wednesday or so and take some video. I'm on their media list for another theme park media source I contribute to. I'll post pictures here when I get them.

^Maybe for the discounts, a combo ticket with any number of other MOA attractions. Most likely Nick U and FOA. Or a general MOA attraction ticket.

I would imagine them doing that.

On another note, where have people found the cheapest wristbands to Nickelodeon Universe? It seems to me that the cheapest ones are the 2-for-40 pack that you can buy at Costco.

I called them today to see if they would be doing any testing earlier this week, and apparently they are moving back their opening date because of an animation issue. They said it would open hopefully in early April.

Flyover America @ Nickelodeon Universe Trip Report

Alright, let's get started. After coming out of a movie, my party and I walked down from the fourth floor to see some lines coming out of Flyover America. Being curious, I went down there, and they said that they were doing testing -- the first tests open to the public. Unfortunately, they charged for testing, but it was only half-price compared to the normal everyday price. When you purchase your tickets, you will either get in line and ride within the next 30 minutes, or they give you a return time to come back and ride. They then check your tickets and make you take the infamous green screen pre-ride photo, which you can view in the gift shop at the end of the ride. After you take the photo, you will wait in line for the "next available flight". The flights run once every 15 minutes and the attraction has a capacity of 60, so don't be surprised if you have to wait a cycle. When you get in, they put you into three different lines which refer to the three different levels that you'll be seated on. They then put on a safety video, guide you up to your seat, where they tell you to put everything in a bag below your seat and buckle your seatbelt. The experience then starts. I just had to say that my expectations were completely blown away. I thought this would kind of be like a cheap 4D theater, but man was I wrong. This was a really, really good attraction and I'm even going to say it (and I've been on both Soarin's) --> It's better than Soarin. At the end, in the gift shop, they had a survey you could fill out to get a free pass for another day! It was great! Now, a Nickelodeon Universe ride wristband is not needed to ride the ride, and no discount is given for having a ride wristband. After experiencing the same old small rides in Nickelodeon Universe for years, I would definitely reccomend this -- now my favorite "ride" in Nickelodeon Universe --> second to Log Chute.

Keep Reading Below!!!

image.thumb.jpeg.2456dd8727be3431b1825b57e2cafee7.jpeg

The CEO was scanning tickets and greeting!

image.thumb.jpeg.3fc29e38e25fadba6664c65265c33d28.jpeg

Queue Line...

image.thumb.jpeg.c169f15c977cf363bb08f5fccc038ef7.jpeg

Green Screen Photo... meh

image.thumb.jpeg.88e8d42dcafefed7f49fe38de21feeff.jpeg

This is the part of the line standing queue. Trivia appears on the walls though, which is nice.

image.thumb.jpeg.1baead40d5d71fc25bde95946dc10b6c.jpeg

These show you how much time is until the next loading.

image.thumb.jpeg.69c11fa9315c91c9c8081bf46860fb15.jpeg

Your shoes glow up!

image.thumb.jpeg.e91921d8d1b7930ae096116cc6fcd78a.jpeg

Safety Presentation -- pretty good and funny! They didn't have their own finished, so they used their other location's up in Canada. So plenty of Canadian stereotypes in the video!

image.thumb.jpeg.87223e43501f76a15eeec5adafbc65a7.jpeg

They assign you a spot to stand on.

image.thumb.jpeg.209e5b6661ecd75e50a93a820cc71f36.jpeg

Not the best of pictures, but those are the three levels that they send everyone to.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e91a28dfbf6eb6ff260d9a13831567d.jpeg

The doors lit up and everyone came in!

image.thumb.jpeg.5b4b0cbece0d5316464dcfa5a69cd624.jpeg

The rows of seats with cushy backs!

image.thumb.jpeg.6f1e4c7abe57cbf85c60a24c3d736428.jpeg

No on-ride photos, sorry. Here's the gift shop!

image.thumb.jpeg.5208e383cbf5e7d50f86b38effef05cf.jpeg

More gift shop! Thanks for reading! Definitely go check it out! GRAND OPENING ON APRIL 8, 2016!!

I went today! Saw you there in this thread, VFGirl, and decided to try my luck. Guess I didn't have to worry much since it said they were open 10-10.

Are they like actually officially open now? Or is it still a soft open?

The preflight movie was a little cheesy, and I didn't realize I everyone needed to put on a belt. This was unclear to me, being an op. The spots reminded me a lot of Power Tower loading. The start was the best part, with the moving walls and fence and the feeling of being swung forward in pitch black. I didn't realize there were smells, but they were a nice added touch. The mist was well done.

My one critique is that I think the motions could have been a little more exaggerated at a few point. I think there were some times where the motion wasn't that believable, which is usually when I would refocus on the theater and fake feat being projected next to me and lose the cool-factor of feeling like flight.

I believe it is simply a soft open -- did they have you fill out a survey for a free voucher? I also agree that the transitions could slightly be improved. Some items, you could see the squares made out on the screen. Which safety video did you see? I saw one that they borrowed from their Canada location and it had the stupidest, cheesiest moment EVER when two kids were running and the guy told them to stop and then gave them this wierd high five. Maybe make the safety video it a little more straight up and basic --> that just made me say, "Oh he is the worst actor ever!"

I believe it is simply a soft open -- did they have you fill out a survey for a free voucher? I also agree that the transitions could slightly be improved. Some items, you could see the squares made out on the screen. Which safety video did you see? I saw one that they borrowed from their Canada location and it had the stupidest, cheesiest moment EVER when two kids were running and the guy told them to stop and then gave them this wierd high five. Maybe make the safety video it a little more straight up and basic --> that just made me say, "Oh he is the worst actor ever!"

No, I looked around and no one was doing any surveys. And here I was hoping to get one of those free flight vouchers. Darn.

It was actually the right preflight video! It's a cheesy as the Canada one is, I'm assuming. There's a guy strumming a guitar at the entrance of the ride when this family walks up, then a country singing band on the inside (the singer had this really distracting mole thing on her cheek), and a really terrible rap/pop number. I literally have no idea what to call it. There was dancing on the stairs. It was interesting, to say the least.

I wouldn't bank on it being open before the eight. Sometimes it just opens periodically for a couple of hours, and there's no use calling them to see when it's open from my experience. If they aren't giving a discount or free voucher out as well, I would just wait the 6 days. Oh, also, the owner/GM said that they had additional footage of the following places: Canada (from their sister location), China, a 90-second Christmas themed add-on, and possibly more.