TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Sounds like the ballroom is finally gone, judging by it's location "In the southwest corner".

I'm excited to see how this turns out! Though I am a little disappointed that all the remaining space for the actual park is being eaten up by random things (american girl store, this, whatever's going in above the arcade, etc)

According to Nickelodeon Universe's website, it explains that the Balloon Ride near the center of the park has closed forever on April 20th. This has me questioning what they could put on the rather large area of space. Will this be the location of FlyOverAmerica? Or will this be perhaps another project. I am visiting he park tomorrow to see what they could possibly be doing to the balloon ride area.

According to Nickelodeon Universe's website, it explains that the Balloon Ride near the center of the park has closed forever on April 20th. This has me questioning what they could put on the rather large area of space. Will this be the location of FlyOverAmerica? Or will this be perhaps another project. I am visiting he park tomorrow to see what they could possibly be doing to the balloon ride area.

FlyOver America is going in place of the ballroom/great hall/whatever the most recent name was. It's in the southeast corner of the park.

• 2 months later...

Nickelodeon Universe is closing the falling star this Saturday, according to the park's Facebook.

11009344_1009461185754122_576898749568643700_n.jpg?oh=c088956fe55ed30335b5193b3412dbaf&oe=561B2100

Don't miss your chance to take one last supernatural adventure on Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone! Come out for one final ride, now through Saturday, before the portal to the Ghost Zone closes forever.

Thats right next to where the balloons were. That leaves a large area. Maybe big enough for another coaster or very large flat!

Flat rides just make more sense for this type of park, so I just don't expect a coaster.

You just never know. The park has added 3 coasters since it's opening. There is still a very large area over the top of the arcades. I've heard that it is going to be a planetarium but its been like this for about a year now. With space opening up near by they just might try to pull off another coaster. One can hope right?

I really hope they put in something nice to replace Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone, I will actually miss this ride, not really for the thrills but more for the sentimental value. I'm surprised MOA is still demolishing/adding attractions even after the 20 million dollar investment they just announced.

I really hope they put in something nice to replace Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone, I will actually miss this ride, not really for the thrills but more for the sentimental value. I'm surprised MOA is still demolishing/adding attractions even after the 20 million dollar investment they just announced.

They're probably not doing it just for giggles. Rides have service lives - once the service life runs out, they need to get the ride out of there as soon as possible, especially if it's a discontinued ride like a Falling Star, if they don't want to be up to their eyeballs in maintenance costs.

I really hope they put in something nice to replace Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone, I will actually miss this ride, not really for the thrills but more for the sentimental value.

Danny Phantom is being replaced with a Chance Revolution 20 themed to Shredder. At least that's what the concept art shows in the rides office.

The Guppy Bubbler looks (sort of) like our Balloon Ride at Playland(PNE). Do the

vehicles spin? It looks like they do, in the second photo. Great looking ride, for

kids, families and seniors.

GuppyBubbler2015a.jpg.ecbe430cd979d030eabd5230eb7e4c25.jpg

What's now open, there.

BalloonRide.JPG.aaa9995e9e691e549c4d75a27cbb1aea.JPG

What we got, here at Playland(PNE).

BalloonRide01.JPG.7b5f19aa78adefe2fa126059bedac542.JPG

The artsy shot of it. (o;

Went to Nic U yesterday to ride Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone one last time. Lines were pretty much walk-on. I still can't figure out how to fully flip on Shell shock, although I did go upside down once They did have a balloon entrance for the closing of the Danny Phantom ride which was a nice touch. It'll be interesting to see how fast it is taken down.

'

• 3 weeks later...

Nickelodeon Universe sent us this press release today, but I have to be honest, I'm still a little confused as to what this ride is. The description sounds like some sort of Frisbee, but the image provided doesn't really show anything. So here goes...

image005.thumb.png.0a91783dd20e492fe079d764c83fe4e6.png

Prepare to mutate: Shredder’s Mutant Masher is the newest thrill ride coming to Mall of America®

Based on Nickelodeon’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ most evil villain, Shredder’s Mutant Masher is opening November 2015

Mall of America® announces newest thrill ride Shredder’s Mutant Masher to open in Nickelodeon Universe® November 2015.

The skyline of Nickelodeon Universe® is about to drastically change with the addition of Shredder’s Mutant Masher. This new ride is a 5,000-square-foot interactive attraction, sending riders through a unique “mutation” experience in addition to the pulse pounding thrill ride experience.

Upon entering the queue, riders will begin the mutation experience by stepping into a mad-scientist-like lab where they pass hazardous material containers and remnants of past mutant experiments. All are props of course, contributing to the immersive Shredder narrative. The ride itself functions as a giant pendulum, spinning and swinging riders more than 50 feet in the air. When the ride is finished, the “mutation” is complete. Riders will have the opportunity to view their mutant photo, complete with horns, bug-eyes and other super-imposed features. Photos will be available for purchase.

Based on Nickelodeon’s popular CG-animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Shredder is the infamous villain responsible for the Turtles’ mutation into the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Turtle fans will be instantly familiar with the character’s significance.

“Shredder’s Mutant Masher will be a complete interactive experience for kids and kids-at-heart alike. Whether you’re a long-time fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles brand, or just looking for a new way to defy gravity in Nickelodeon Universe, this ride will deliver thrills from the moment you get in line,” said Jill Renslow, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Business Development for Mall of America. “The immersive storytelling makes this attraction truly unique, reinforcing Mall of America as being always new.”

Taking the place of the recently retired Danny Phantom’s Ghost Zone, Shredder’s Mutant Masher will also include retail space featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles merchandise and other Nickelodeon products. This is the second Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-themed ride to open in Nickelodeon Universe, joining the popular Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell Shock ride that opened in spring 2012.

Located at the east entrance of Nickelodeon Universe, Shredder’s Mutant Masher will join the more than 520 world-class shops and attractions at Mall of America. Riders must be at least 48” tall to ride without a chaperone and admission cost is six points.

Edited by robbalvey

Definitely sounds like an indoor Frisbee or Afterburner. I've found that taking a basic flat ride, putting it indoors, and adding lighting, sound, and smoke effects almost always takes a mediocre ride and elevates it to something AWESOME!

Yeah, it looks like a pendulum ride with inward seating, but that is just based off of the concept art.

Is this the only sentence in that entire press release that relates to the ride itself?

The ride itself functions as a giant pendulum, spinning and swinging riders more than 50 feet in the air.