TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

I went today, crowds weren't bad (Nothing was a walk-on, but nothing had a super long line). Couple things, the hot air balloon ride was open, something I haven't seen in a really long time. Also, If you ever go on the log flume, sit in the back. My pants got very wet because I sat in the front with a mostly full log.

I rode Rock Bottom Plunge for the first time and LOVED it! The whole ride is awesome. I was also sad and pathetic and rode the kiddie coaster... TWICE! I might post pictures sometime this week, it depends on how they turned out.

Credit whore

• 1 month later...

If Nick Universe ever did add an inverted coaster, I'd put my money on Vekoma's junior invert design. Compact and versatile, small enough to squeeze around the other rides and ceiling supports, and most importantly, lapbars only.

For some reason, I can also see them eventually adding an attraction on American Girl's roof. Yes, it'd be a pain to make that structure support the weight of a ride as well as figure out a way to get guests up there...but you know they're going to run out of room otherwise at some point.

Is there anything on the roof of the new Hard Rock Cafe? I'm guessing it became more space for tables, but I have yet to see a photo of it since it was finished.

If Nick Universe ever did add an inverted coaster, I'd put my money on Vekoma's junior invert design. Compact and versatile, small enough to squeeze around the other rides and ceiling supports, and most importantly, lapbars only.

For some reason, I can also see them eventually adding an attraction on American Girl's roof. Yes, it'd be a pain to make that structure support the weight of a ride as well as figure out a way to get guests up there...but you know they're going to run out of room otherwise at some point.

Is there anything on the roof of the new Hard Rock Cafe? I'm guessing it became more space for tables, but I have yet to see a photo of it since it was finished.

I'd rather a Chance GTX or a RMC Coaster. Something with airtime which is something all the coasters lack.

I'd rather a Chance GTX or a RMC Coaster. Something with airtime which is something all the coasters lack.

Of course we'd all rather have one of them, but when's the last time you visited the MoA? Our floor to ceiling differential is around 70 feet, Rides are intertwining everywhere, and more and more restaurants are being added that subtract space. Neither option is feasible and we'll just have to stick with positive forces.

Of course we'd all rather have one of them, but when's the last time you visited the MoA? Our floor to ceiling differential is around 70 feet, Rides are intertwining everywhere, and more and more restaurants are being added that subtract space. Neither option is feasible and we'll just have to stick with positive forces.

Right cause Twister at Grona Lund (50ft), Cornball Express (55ft), Skyliner at Lakemont Park (60ft), Yankee Cannonball (63.5ft), Wooden Warrior (35ft), Roar-O-Saurus (40ft), Big Dipper at Blackpool (60ft), Falken at Farup Sommerland (65.6ft), Roller Coaster at Lagoon (62ft), and Grand National (62ft) don't offer any airtime.

I unfortunately don't think we'll ever see a wooden coaster at Nick Universe because they just don't have the space. They don't have anywhere else to expand because they're landlocked by the other stores in the mall, and they probably won't be taking over any other mall space anytime soon. Also, even though raising the roof could be an option if they wanted to build taller rides, I think most people would consider doing that a waste of money.

Also, even though raising the roof could be an option if they wanted to build taller rides, I think most people would consider doing that a waste of money.

And there is no way they would do that because of the money it would take to raise that roof just for a new ride or two. According to a documentary I saw on the Discovery channel I was amazed that MOA does not have a single heater in it but 400 plus air conditioners for summer. It relies on that roof with special glass and angles to allow sunlight in and trap it for it heat along with using body temperature of anyone in the place.

Also, even though raising the roof could be an option if they wanted to build taller rides, I think most people would consider doing that a waste of money.

And there is no way they would do that because of the money it would take to raise that roof just for a new ride or two. According to a documentary I saw on the Discovery channel I was amazed that MOA does not have a single heater in it but 400 plus air conditioners for summer. It relies on that roof with special glass and angles to allow sunlight in and trap it for it heat along with using body temperature of anyone in the place.

3 Things:

1. It was a Travel Channel Show

2. It's the entire mall except for the entrances/exits that don't have heating.

3. They have to bring in cold air during Winter, Not just Summer

I highly doubt that they will add a woody. It would probably be waaaaaaaaay to loud for an indoor mall. I think the idea of them getting an s&s free spin would be cool, although I have no idea if they will get one.

Yeah, Cause Goliath at Great America is So Loud

It should be quiet like Rock Bottom Plunge

If not, They could build an Iron Horse coaster then.

If they did get a woody I bet it would be an RMC for less noise, but I don't see that happening. Steel coasters have lots of flexibility with squeezing in through other rides, but a woody just couldn't squeeze in. I can see them removing that cabin by the peeps shop for their next coaster, because that cabin must take up as much space as the plunge, that corner of the park is not as lively as the others, and a coaster would probably be more useful in the long run. I hope what comes next is a good fit for the park, whatever it is. I heard that cabin is just used for private events, I don't know how useful it is.

This is ridiculous. Even if they can fit one in, why would they want to build something that takes up that much space? I really don't expect to see any more coasters that aren't extremely compact, at least with the current layout of the park (if the great room or the american girl store suddenly goes, for example, that may change things). Never mind the fact that in most cases, a wooden coaster does require more maintenance than steel.