TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

^The Gröna Lund model is better, allegedly. SFMM neutered GL. Do they think Americans are made of butter?

No, Americans are made of guts and glory, but when it comes to Zac Spins and other intense thrill rides, we neuter the Heck out of them to make it safe and rideable!

^The Gröna Lund model is better, allegedly. SFMM neutered GL. Do they think Americans are made of butter?

No, Americans are made of guts and glory, but when it comes to Zac Spins and other intense thrill rides, we neuter the Heck out of them to make it safe and rideable!

It's safe and rideable in Sweden!

No, Americans are made of guts and PopTarts, but when it comes to Zac Spins and other intense thrill rides, we neuter the Heck out of them to make it look more safe and save money with less maintenance needed!

Fixed, or at least what I'm perceiving the case to be. This is why trimless rides like Voyage get such high ratings. Sure it tears into itself now and then, but the park's CoasterCats team do an excellent job keeping the ride from tearing into you.

No, Americans are made of guts and PopTarts, but when it comes to Zac Spins and other intense thrill rides, we neuter the Heck out of them to make it look more safe and save money with less maintenance needed!

Fixed, or at least what I'm perceiving the case to be. This is why trimless rides like Voyage get such high ratings. Sure it tears into itself now and then, but the park's CoasterCats team do an excellent job keeping the ride from tearing into you.

Americans are made of guts and Poptarts? I must agree that the best way to destroy a ride experience is to add trim brakes. If you ride High Roller at VF with 2 trains running they trim the ride to almost a complete stop on the 2nd to last turn.

If anyone gets out to NU and rides the zipline, could you give a review. I know that someone from the news went and did a report, but I want a review done without NU staring over their shoulder. Does it feel fast?

Americans are made of guts and Poptarts? I must agree that the best way to destroy a ride experience is to add trim brakes. If you ride High Roller at VF with 2 trains running they trim the ride to almost a complete stop on the 2nd to last turn.

If anyone gets out to NU and rides the zipline, could you give a review. I know that someone from the news went and did a report, but I want a review done without NU staring over their shoulder. Does it feel fast?

GL is not trimmed (well, I think Insanes MCBR also trims it, I don't know.) GL is balanced.

[My assumption:]

It actually looks like a nice addition to the park's ropes course, especially considering the indoor environment. Not thrilling or fast, but unique being able to fly so close and parallel to Rock Bottom Plunge and over the sidewalk. [/assumption]

The new zipline has been very popular with the guests in the park. I heard that the day it opened, there was an hour - two hour wait for it. I got to test it before it opened to the public and it is a fun ride. Not very thrilling, but it does provide some cool views of the rest of park.

In other news, there are many rumors going around the park right now that Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Collider and Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone will be closing by the end of year due to the scarcity of parts for those rides (one of Jimmy's arms no longer spins because maintenance doesn't have the parts to fix it). What is going to replace those two rides? I've been hearing a Vekoma jr. suspended coaster, but I don't know how true that is.

The new zipline has been very popular with the guests in the park. I heard that the day it opened, there was an hour - two hour wait for it. I got to test it before it opened to the public and it is a fun ride. Not very thrilling, but it does provide some cool views of the rest of park.

In other news, there are many rumors going around the park right now that Jimmy Neutron's Atomic Collider and Danny Phantom's Ghost Zone will be closing by the end of year due to the scarcity of parts for those rides (one of Jimmy's arms no longer spins because maintenance doesn't have the parts to fix it). What is going to replace those two rides? I've been hearing a Vekoma jr. suspended coaster, but I don't know how true that is.

That's sad, those two rides are really fun and Jimmy Neutron is very rare, and Danny Phantom is a good ride to take a break on, it's also really fun to wave to people in the restaurant on the 4th floor. If they do have to go, I'm sure NU can do better than Vekoma. If they took out both maybe there might be room for a custom Zacspin, I haven't actually riden a Zacspin so I am unsure about size lengthwise. I am sure that intamin could create a layout that would fit.

^^ I understand what you mean by saying we could do better than a Vekoma, but seeing that our last coaster (Spongebob) was aimed at thrill seekers, the parks wants something aimed towards families this time, and I think a Jr. Suspended coaster would fit very well with the park.

I am sad to see Jimmy and Danny potentially removed though. They're two of my favorite flats.

I am unsure about size, this may seem pretty unrealistic but MAYBE they could design one to fit this into the small space. S&S Freefly. These are extremely unique family coasters and if they could build one I am sure it would be a hit. The only thing that I'm worried about is space, these don't look very compact. I doubt it would happen because of that but those look like something the whole family would love. Maybe they could fly by the 4th floor restaurant to make them want to ride. It sounds amazing, almost too good to be true. Any feedback as to how/if this is possible would be good. Just an idea.

Also, Avatar Airbender opened on the same day as RBP, I agree we need something family but I cringe when I hear Vekoma

^It would be a good fit for NU, but where would you put it? I do think that NU is due for some sort of new coaster, but I can't see where you'd put one without removing another one. Even if it was to go all around the park like Pepsi Orange Streak, the indoor skyline of the park is getting quite crowded too.

^It would be a good fit for NU, but where would you put it? I do think that NU is due for some sort of new coaster, but I can't see where you'd put one without removing another one. Even if it was to go all around the park like Pepsi Orange Streak, the indoor skyline of the park is getting quite crowded too.

How about a Chance Mini Lite that goes Underground or Around the Log Chute? IMO The park could use an airtime attraction (Besides Splat O Sphere)

^ That would be cool but like the VF15 said, there's almost no to very little space left. The only option left would be to remove some attraction or part of the park / mall. The attractions to be removed could be the two rumored (Danny Phantom and Jimmy Neutron). The coaster (whatever kind) could extend a long way such as the lift hill going towards the arcade or log chute. Overall I still favor in a family coaster.

So all of this talk about limited space makes me wonder why MOA keeps adding huge stores/restaurants in the already tightly packed park! First was the American Girl store (which butts up against Jimmy Neutron) and now there's the huge Hard Rock Cafe on the SW side that doesn't even fit the demographic of the park... such stupidity in my opinion. There's vacancy in the actual mall (including most of the huge old Bloomingdale's space) and now phase 2, yet they build these new things in the park that will never be able to actually grow itself in footprint size...

Also I'd be so sad to see Jimmy Neutron and Danny Phantom go, they are such unique and now almost extinct one of a kind attractions. That's what makes the MOA attraction roster so amazing...

From WCCO News...

Zip Line Reopens After Accident At Mall Of America

BLOOMINGTON, Minn. (AP) — A new zip line attraction has reopened at the Mall of America after an employee was injured while working on it.

A mall statement says the employee was injured by a piece of equipment on the east platform of the Barnacle Blast in the Nickelodeon Universe indoor amusement park around 11:15 a.m. Saturday.

Mall security and Bloomington police helped the employee off the equipment into an ambulance. He was treated and released.

The ride was closed for about an hour while officials inspected it and determined it was safe and functional.

The Nickelodeon Universe website says the zip line is part of the Dutchman’s Deck adventure course. It sends riders soaring 55 feet above the park.

Employees are required to wear harnesses while working on the ride to prevent falls.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/08/17/zip-line-reopens-after-accident-at-mall-of-america/

• 3 months later...

I'd love to see any of those types of coasters at Nickelodeon Universe, but considering how the park is so stripped for space, I can't see how you can put one in without taking something else out. Maybe if they were able to take over some of the space that some other stores occupy, it could work, but I don't think that's likely.

I've heard that Insane at Grona Lund is, well, insane. Maybe Green Lantern is just subject to sub-par maintenance. I do see a family invert being more likely.

Does anyone know anything about the hot air balloon ride, the past couple times I've been to the park it was closed and blocked off.

I think Ghost Blasters is a fairly good dark ride, most of the effects work and it's pretty fun. And with the ropes course right there, how much space would it really open up?

I would love another coaster that went all over the park like Orange Streak, maybe they could dual! probably not...