TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nickelodeon Universe (MOA) Discussion Thread

Bummer since I really enjoyed Tak Attack. Though I must admit that the new Skyroller does look interesting. Hope that ends up replacing it, and if not, whatever does would benefit Nickelodeon Universe really well.

I've heard from locals that the Tak Attack is a major maintenance pain in the butt.

Maybe that's why the one in Dubai is not running.

I've heard before that they were going to re-theme the log ride. Any truth to this?

IIRC the one in Dubai is the former hammerhead from KBF,AFIK iron eagle is still sitting in pieces at SFA just behind where the towers for two face were located.

I've never seen Iron Eagle sitting in pieces behind the Two Face plot. Either way, it was a maintenance nightmare for Six Flags too. I was stuck inverted at the start of the ride for a little over five minutes the first time I rode it. Rode it a few times after, before it was taken out the following year, and I can't say I miss it. It was nice to have as a flat, but I wish we could get a quality one or two in there.

I rode Tak Attack on last years Mid America tour and expected much more from it than it offered. It was not as intense as I expected but it was a new experience and a new ride type for me to try. It did look pretty spectacular whilst in operation though.

Shame for it to go but everything has it's time.

Neil

There is a Hexentanz at the Puyallup Fair. It's called Inferno (sadly, not "Tampico Tumbler") and was alive and well in September.

At one point I noticed only one person riding Tak Attack. I had pretty much the same experience as Neil above.

I was too lazy to research possible replacements for it, so thanks for the pic, Larry. Looks fun.

And for those who don't spend their days drooling on their keyboards visiting manufacturers websites:

6 Riders, that is going to be a capacity nightmare!

My bad, I should have posted the picture of the 16 rider version. I would assume if NU buys one it would be the high capacity version.

147297914_PB3SkyFly07g1.jpg.d322eb17055a9b93a2701c088b31e66c.jpg

That would be awesome, but I think the Kirnu-sized ZacSpin is too tall to fit inside the building. Avatar Airbender nearly touches the roof, and it's only seventy feet tall (Kirnu is 80-something).

That would be awesome, but I think the Kirnu-sized ZacSpin is too tall to fit inside the building. Avatar Airbender nearly touches the roof, and it's only seventy feet tall (Kirnu is 80-something).

I don't see it happening either, but I'm sure if you threw a couple a million dollars at Intamin they could make it work.

I've never seen Iron Eagle sitting in pieces behind the Two Face plot. Either way, it was a maintenance nightmare for Six Flags too. I was stuck inverted at the start of the ride for a little over five minutes the first time I rode it. Rode it a few times after, before it was taken out the following year, and I can't say I miss it. It was nice to have as a flat, but I wish we could get a quality one or two in there.

It was a rather novel flat for it's time in the early to mid 90's but unfortunately it was plauged with maintenance/operational issues toward the end of it's lifespan at the park....those same problems are what led to KBF & now NU removing their roto shakes as well.I have seen the ride get stuck,both upside down at the start,as well as up in the air & either way wouldn't have wanted to be on it under those circumstances.

They also had to dig down to fit Avatar in. Rock Bottom Plunge is 67' according to RCDB, and that had to be strategically placed to go between rafters.

• 2 weeks later...
That actually looked really fun despite me not liking spinning rides. Sad to see it go, I've never seen one of those things at any other park besides Nickelodeon Universe. Let's hope they get a great ride to replace the great ride they just got rid of.

I rode the Iron Eagle at SFA during it's first season (Before it broke constantly requiring parts flown in from Italy...) and I can say it was not a bad ride. Two sick-sacks WAAAAY up. It really did it's job very well as a twirl and hurl only could.

I found the Roto-Shake to be an "ok" flat ride. No where near as intense as a Top Spin running a good program, and certainly more fun that a kiddie ride. I dunno, it just never really did anything for me, and I don't miss it at the 3 or 4 parks I've ridden one at, where they are now gone.