TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Girlfriend that Honestly Loves Coasters?

slick858

I have had girlfriends in the past that have went to Amusement Parks with me, but they just did it because I really wanted too, and they didn't want me to lose interest. When the day at the park is over they still had a great time but would have never dreamed of the idea of going to the park on their own suggestion.

This needs to change.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. You see, in the secret girl handbook it explicitly mentions that no girl shall ever actually like rollercoasters or amusement parks. That's why so many coaster enthusiasts are gay, didn't you know that? Jeez...

I hope you're taking your girlfriends to places other than amusement parks. I can't really see going to amusement parks as a early date. That's almost like you having to sit and get your nails "did" with her at the salon as a date.

And here I thought finding someone who doesn't mind spending quality time at home was a problem... (found one btw)

Terry

I got a girlfriend who loves roller coasters, and she's not imaginary either! In fact, she knows more about some coasters she hasn't ridden than I do about ones that I have ridden.

Of course, if she came up to me tomorrow and told me she was sick of going to parks and didn't want to go anymore, I'd be fine with that. There are plenty of other things to do in this world other than ride roller coasters and go to amusement parks all the time. As long as she doesn't prevent me from going, I have no problem with it.

My girlfriend was terrified of coasters and would never ride them. Then she called me a few weeks ago and said, "Guess what! I just rode The Phantom's Revenge, and you were right, it was so fun!".

Before this happened she called coaster disgusting and when she saw them she said EW!

Every woman I've ever had a serious relationship with has enjoyed parks and coasters. Of course, we do a lot more than just go to parks and ride coasters, and our idea of a fun time at home is not staring at pictures of Cedar Point or King's Island for hours on end, or searching for obscure kiddie credits on RCDB. A lot of coaster-obsessed people come on too strong about their hobby, which is a huge turn off for a lot of people, not just potential "girlfriends".

So they're out there, but you're likely not going to find one if you're spouting off coaster stats on the first date...

dt

I had one I was going to go out with...

Anywho, she hated rides and wouldn't do anything more than the Flying Fish at Thorpe. I took her to X:\WTF and she loved it, even though it was half-retarded. She then decided to go on Nemesis Inferno which she loved and right at the end of the day I managed to get her on Stealth...

Seemed like a dream come true until I realised she was Little Miss B*tch

Nope. You see, in the secret girl handbook it explicitly mentions that no girl shall ever actually like rollercoasters or amusement parks. That's why so many coaster enthusiasts are gay, didn't you know that? Jeez...

?

What about Lou or Elissa,then?

They were born with it.

The thing is that there are very few younger, female coaster enthusiasts. They exist, they are just in minority to nearly every other demographic. This is a male dominated hobby, and the females are generally older and/or married. It's probably easier to find a girl who likes amusement parks and "convert" her to an coaster fan.

TPR probably has the most girls I've ever seen on a coaster forum, but even then, they are simply outnumbered 100:1 by guys.

?

What about Lou or Elissa,then?

Nyanko is a girl, dummy, and she was being sarcastic.

Just for the record, I was a coaster enthusiast before I ever met Derek... young female coaster enthusiasts that were not dragged into the hobby by their boyfriends DO exist, however rare...

Just for the record, I was a coaster enthusiast before I ever met Derek... young female coaster enthusiasts that were not dragged into the hobby by their boyfriends DO exist, however rare...

Agreed, and it seems like most of us who DO exist got into parks from an early age (as a general interest I mean, "enthusiasm" sometimes comes later) through location or family or something like that. Didn't your parents go to WDW for their honeymoon, Nic?? And in my case it comes from spending time in Florida with my brother as a kid.

Boys/men tend to fixate on a single hobby whether it be sports, sci-fi, cars, music, coasters, etc...

Girls/Women on the other hand find it easier to move across social strata and not pigeonhole themselves. Many females do like coasters but are just not obsessed with them.

I could expound upon this greatly from my what I learned in Pysch Classes, except it would take too long to type and I forgot half the info.

Agreed, and it seems like most of us who DO exist got into parks from an early age (as a general interest I mean, "enthusiasm" sometimes comes later) through location or family or something like that. Didn't your parents go to WDW for their honeymoon, Nic?? And in my case it comes from spending time in Florida with my brother as a kid.

Yep, my parents went to WDW and BGT for their honeymoon, and my dad would always go to parks when he had to go to a different city for work. Worlds of Fun, Opryland, and Florida stuff. I guess growing up half a mile from an amusement park helped too. My parents used to bring me to Fantasy Island, Crystal Beach, Marineland, and Canada's Wonderland all the time when I was little.

So yeah... I blame my parents.

I have had girlfriends in the past that have went to Amusement Parks with me, but they just did it because I really wanted too, and they didn't want me to lose interest. When the day at the park is over they still had a great time but would have never dreamed of the idea of going to the park on their own suggestion.

This needs to change.

Okay, I've read through this several times now, and forgive me if I'm off base here, but all this is is a random misguided rant....and as your first post too.

For starters, "This needs to change,"yeah, I'm sure your future girlfriends would be delighted to hear this tone. Good luck searching for "Mrs. Perfect" with that attitude.

The thing is that there are very few younger, female coaster enthusiasts. They exist, they are just in minority to nearly every other demographic. This is a male dominated hobby, and the females are generally older and/or married. It's probably easier to find a girl who likes amusement parks and "convert" her to an coaster fan.

TPR probably has the most girls I've ever seen on a coaster forum, but even then, they are simply outnumbered 100:1 by guys.

Quoted for the truth.

I have talked and flirted to some girls, the subject of rides came up. Girls like them but I doubt they would be "like us" and be all "Did you hear about that new B&M some park is getting!?" And whatever women I have seen on forums, they were either older and/or married. Like Wes said, you're better off getting a girl and "converting" her.

If you're looking for girls, on a serious note, DON'T put your favorite hobby as a first priority. Just flirt with a girl and hope it clicks and if it doesn't, then move on.

Honestly, I don't see a problem with your situation. Your girlfriends let you make all the plans, and you have a problem with that? Dude, that just means you get to do what you want all the time. I don't see an issue at all!