TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World - cameras

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Disney's usually quite relaxed about filming on rides. As said above, just try and avoid using the flash or video lighting, and in cases where there is the potential for copyright violation. I did, however, get asked to put the camera away while filming in RnRC's queue line (not sure why, but I did put it away)

WDW is pretty liberal on photography and filming. I even filmed a POV of Space Mountain. The POV was pretty bad, as I got a Nightshot video of the back of a guest's head!

These are the attractions where you can't take photos or videotape (that I know of):

Magic Kingdom: Stitch's Great Escape

Epcot: The American Adventure show, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience (I think)

Disney-MGM: Inside the elevator at Tower of Terror, Anything beyond the recording studio at Rock N Roller Coaster, the behind the scenes display of the Narina movie (or pretty much any behind the scenes display)

Animal Kingdom: The Nemo show used to have no photography or videotaping, but that restriction has been removed recently

A Cast Member will make a very clear announcement if videotaping or photography isn't allowed. A few attractions do not allow flash photography, like Voyage of the Little Mermaid at Disney-MGM Studios. In fact, I saw a guest take a flash photo during that show and the Cast Member used her flashlight to shine an evil spotlight on the guest! Also, it's not a good idea to use your flash on dark rides like the Haunted Mansion. The ride is so dark that if you take a flash photo, you'll blind and annoy other guests. I think the Haunted Mansion has an annoucement not to take flash photos.

When in doubt, ask a Cast Member!