TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America 7/21

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be rude but you went to one of the best SF parks on a Saturday in the middle of July and you are complaining because of the long lines? I guess when your under 18 you don't often get to pick the days that you go do stuff like that but it sounds like you were in a bad mood before the day even started.

Yeah that's SFGAm for you

But when you saw the line out of the que, did you look to see if all the overflow was filled up? Because Raging Bull, even when out of the que, is no longer then 1.5 hours...sometimes faster.

But yeah, always check to see if overflow is filled. Because if the line is out of the que, but only half of overflow is fill, the line may be only 30 mins. You were also lucky that you only had to wait 5 mins for American Eagle. Because on a Saturday it should have been more like 1 hour.

I live in SoCal, and I have been to Magic Mountain plenty of times during the week and had pretty good experiences unless X is running one train, or a ride is new (i.e. Tatsu). I went once on a Saturday in April, and the rides we rode without a flash pass were Flashback, Gold Rusher and Freefall. I would have to have some very eager friends to get me to go on a Saturday again, and this was in April.

Should have gone on a weekday. At least the last few years I've gone on weekdays, most lines were almost walk-on.

Though I am going today and I could imagine since it is the middle of summer for there to be long lines.

Yeah, I got burned going to SFGAm on a Thursday last August. We only got 5 credits. The lines were vicious, and we got rained out a few times. I'd never attempt this park again without a Gold Q-Bot. Chicago is the third largest city in the country. Do the math on the lines this creates when SFGAm is the only game in town.

What can I say to this but, "Duh!"

I mean, seriously, every park everywhere in the US is going to be busy during a Saturday in July. It doesn't seem like you had a problem with the park itself; rather, the crowds. You could have made the most of it--why should you be scared of lines? All you do is wait in them! Or you could have gotten a Q-Bot, which would have helped with the lines considerably.

The title of this is incredibly misleading... worst park experience? The only flaws about the park that you ever pointed out were the crowds... that's it. Going on a Saturday in July, that's to be expected. You could have easily gotten on Raging Bull withing an hour (or less!) even with its full queue... in addition, even though Batman's line may be long, its line moves quickly, and the theming and music in the line helps move the wait along.

I mean, seriously, every park everywhere in the US is going to be busy during a Saturday in July. It doesn't seem like you had a problem with the park itself; rather, the crowds. You could have made the most of it--why should you be scared of lines? All you do is wait in them! Or you could have gotten a Q-Bot, which would have helped with the lines considerably.

The title of this is incredibly misleading... worst park experience? The only flaws about the park that you ever pointed out were the crowds... that's it. Going on a Saturday in July, that's to be expected. You could have easily gotten on Raging Bull withing an hour (or less!) even with its full queue... in addition, even though Batman's line may be long, its line moves quickly, and the theming and music in the line helps move the wait along.

I think that crowds are a persistent problem at SFGAm. I'd never attempt it again without a Gold Q-Bot. Locals probably know how to beat the system, but it's too much of a gamble for me to drive 350 miles up there and risk line hell when Gold Q-Bots are only $25 per person.

You raise a point about going on Saturday, but I'm not sure that SFGAm ever gets that slow during the Summer. Locals please feel free to tell me otherwise. But, yeah I'd say crowds are a problem. Even if you luck out and don't have to wait that long for rides, you still have to fight your way through the midway. And that's no fun at all.

SFGAM is always packed on Saturday, but the water park is a big people eater, so it could have been worse. It's kind of pointless to hate a park because it was crowded, on Saturday of all days and SFGAM of all parks, but you have to deal with it. You also have to remember that SFGAM is the only park in the Chicago-Milwaukee area, so it covers a large metropolitan area.

Hmm, where to start?

1) Isn't parking $15 at most of the Six Flags park, let alone around that cost at most other parks? Get used to it.

2) You can't complain about lines when you went straight to American Eagle and didn't hit the big three (S:UF, Raging Bull & Batman) before the crowds got really bad. Do a little research before you hit a park if you're just there to whore it up.

3) It's a Saturday in July. What the heck are you expecting?

4) Why are you complaining about a bathroom line that's for the one washroom outside the park? DId you have any waits in the washrooms inside?

Your "terrible" experience seems to come from your lack of experience navigating a park.

I think that crowds are a persistent problem at SFGAm. I'd never attempt it again without a Gold Q-Bot. Locals probably know how to beat the system, but it's too much of a gamble for me to drive 350 miles up there and risk line hell when Gold Q-Bots are only $25 per person.

You raise a point about going on Saturday, but I'm not sure that SFGAm ever gets that slow during the Summer. Locals please feel free to tell me otherwise. But, yeah I'd say crowds are a problem. Even if you luck out and don't have to wait that long for rides, you still have to fight your way through the midway. And that's no fun at all.

Go during early June/mid-late August. Then you'll find low crowds.

And, BTW, I've never had to 'fight my way' through the midway at Great America... it simply doesn't have that problem, even during some of the busiest times.

Um just to let you know there were 35,000+ people in the park that day....maybe you shouldve waited till Monday where there was about 20. Really, SFGAm is the only theme park near Chicago, you have to be crazy to go on a Saturday in July.

BTW everything was open running full capacity and lines werent that bad, the only thing well over an hour was SUF and maybe Vu.

I see the starter of this thread deleted his first post... you guys shut him down!

Anyway like some people have mentioned, it's all about doing your research. Besides, you're a member here... you could have asked about the best way to navigate the park before you got there; then you could have told your parents about q-bots and the crowds.

Even without researching, I know during the summer crowds are a mess on saturdays; any park i go to on that day I'm doing anything to reduce my wait in line: fast passes, q-bots, express lane, etc. But most times unless the kids are back in school, I won't go to parks on the weekend because there will be less people there during the week.

Terry