TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Trip 2007! Photos up!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay for the fearsome 3! Nice pics!

Here's another advice for all the Millie fans who haven't: RIDE AT NIGHT! It feels much faster, and it might actually be too! When I was there last month. I noticed that while in line, it looked like it was flying through the last turn, and the brake run faster than normal.

On the lift hill, it also sped up a little bit half way up on most of my rides. That was cool.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Groteslurf, you're fine, I don't mind.

And yea, a night time ride on MF is great! But Maverick still blows everything else out of the water, IMO. It gives me the "WOW!" feeling every time I ride. It's simply incredible!

^Yes, but when I got to the station, the gates were open, and there was a guy in the far seat so I couldn't get to the bin. I then put my hat in my front (non cargo) pocket, because it was the first thing that popped into my head. We went to the lost and found, but they said they never found it when I called them later. It's all cool now. I recently got a new hat exactly like the one I lost.

JZ,

I'm glad that a diehard MF fanboy like you has realized that Maverick totally whomps that ride. Maverick is easily my #1 steel, and possibly is #1 overall. Only El Toro might beat it a little bit.

Oh, and the S:ROS trains are pretty much identical to MF's trains. Only Six Flags has butchered them up with awful new restraints.

^Haha yeah thanks. Just when I thought MF was the best, CP created the next best thing. And I knew the trains were almost the same, but I have been hearing that the restrains completely SUCK! MF's are still cool.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt Maverick was the best out there. The ride is just insane! Nonstop speed and action. Just when you think you are going to slow down, you go faster. What you don't expect, happens.

Awesome pictures! They really got me excited for my CP trip on my birthday!

I posted a question in your "Cedar Point Q's" thread, but I'm going to post another one in this thread.

I have early entry to the park. The problem is, I don't know if I should bring my camera or not in the morning(It's a D-SLR,so it can't fit in my pocket). If I take the time to put it in a locker will all the lines fill up pretty fast?

^ Not really. You need to go to Maverick first. I got to Maverick at about 9:10-9:15 and it already had a 20 min wait. Well, that was a Saturday....so who knows what it's like on a regular day. On Dragster and MF, it only takes a few seconds to put the camera away and you shouldn't loose much time.

^Ok, Thanks!

So just get on Maverick first, and just go from there? The 15th (my birthday) we are going to Geauga Lake and stopping by Memphis Kiddie Park. Then the next two days we are at Cedar Point so I'll be there on a Thursday and Friday. Millennium Force and TTD are the only rides with the "NO articles in line" right.

Nice pics, last night my mom asked me, "do we really need to go to CP? Couldn't we just go to HW two times!" My response, "I really really really really really reallly really really reallly reallly really really really really really really really want to go to CP to ride some new coasters!" She said, "well, you didn't have to be so dramatic about it" LOL/

btw I agree about Gemini being way underrated.

Gemini is a shadow of it's former self. It seems to never race anymore. Even when both sides are running, one side tends to be a few train lengths ahead.

It used to be awesome riding Gemini in the early 90s. Lots of hand slapping between trains, and the trains were always neck and neck.

But it hasn't been like that in years.

^There were a few times that one train way WAY ahead of the other. And then there were a few times that they would slow down the lift hill speed or speed it up. I was on the blue train when that happened and it was like a BIG jerk. So 2/3 times we raced and you could hand slap.

• 1 month later...