TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows&quot

spoiler spoiler spoiler

Aargh! This is the first book ever to make me cry(the part where he's marching towards death with his parents, Sirius, and Lupin & the part where Kreacher turned good & the deaths) The epilogue I thought was horrible! So cheesy and it seemed like it was just a jumble of names that confused me.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It gets more exciting as you progress through the book.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Who else besides me thought that was the lamest death ever? Seriously, I can understand Harry surving the Killing Curse once, but twice? It just doesn't make sense! However, I just finished reading the book, and it is defenitly my new favorite Potter. Lots of action but I'm sad because George died. I guess he had it coming to him after his ear got shot off.

---Brent

SPOLIER ALERT

1. Fred died. Not George. :/

2. Yes harry had the lamest death. I mean COME ON! He dies, he talks to dumbldore, comes back to life, saves the day, THE END. Other than that, Hedwig had the stupidest death. It just sorta dies...

3. The fourth one is still my favorite book.

Ya this book was freaking awesome!

Spoiler Alert... Kind of

I always had a good feeling about Snape and I thought that whole about him was just amazing!

Oh and my favorite quote of the book had to be when Mrs. Weasley reacted to Bellatrix nearly killing Ginny. "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B****!" I couldn't stop laughing.

I thought this book was amazing. I agree that the ending was a little cheesy, as was the epilogue, but she's already put Harry through enough suffering, right? I still think Rowling did a good job with tying it all together and pretty much explaining every missing gap there was from the start.

spoiler-ish part

Who woulda thought the Malfoys actually came into a good side of the story? After all the trouble they had caused and they helped save Harry. At first I felt a bit side-tracked when they dragged on into the Dumbledore/Grindelwald life, but again, it tied into the Deathly Hollows in the end. I was also a little startled at the start of the book, as soon as deaths and injuries started happening. First it was Hedwig and Mad-Eye. George even had his ear knocked off, which was a little weird but still not killing-worthy. And in the end, I don't know exactly how many die, but I know that Lupen, Mad-Eye, Fred, Tonks, Snape, Dobby, and Hedwig die.

On the lighter side, I laughed at the story of Petunia begging Dumbledore to let her into Hogwarts.

\

Oh and my favorite quote of the book had to be when Mrs. Weasley reacted to Bellatrix nearly killing Ginny. "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU B****!" I couldn't stop laughing.

Lol, I <3 That quote.

I read it five times over to make sure I was reading it right. ^^

SPOILER ALERT

I cried. When Harry walks through the woods to meet Voldemort, I started nearly bawling. My boyfriend made me leave the room because he couldn't stand to see my cry like that.

Once they left Grimmauld Place and went meandering through the forest, it felt so slow, but once it started to pick up when they got to the Malfoy's. From there, I could barely put the book down. It was, without a doubt, the best of the series. It ended perfectly. I couldn't picture it ending any other way.

It's just hard for me to think there will be no more new Harry Potter books. He's been part of my life for so long.

I just finished a few minutes ago, and overall it was an excellent finish to the series.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The whole fight scene at the end in the great hall was fantastic. Mrs. Weasley's quote had me laughing too. I don't see how the movie will be all that great unless its rated R. There's so much that would have to be left out. I hope they can make the movie awesome though, the final fight would be amazing.

I thought the epilogue was nice, just because it leaves you without wanting more, but I did have to reread parts a lot, with all their kids names being the same as some othe characters, and figuring out who was going to Hogwarts and who was staying was confusing. I almost think she went overboard having all of the kids having first and middle names of the important people in Harry's life, but eh, whatever.

It was prettymuch awesome though.

-Nick

So... I thought the book was crap...

SPOILERS.

"Let's look for a horcrux, oh no we're trapped, oh look a handy dragon to get us out of here and evade capture once again"

19 Years Later. Christ sake woman how fucking pansy can you get? This book is by far the worst of the lot. She's tried to put SO much in and failed. The deaths hardly moved me. Oh and Snape being good was SO DAMN OBVIOUS. And Harry the last Horcrux, well I fucking never....

UGH A waste of £5.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!! You have been warned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I, too, hated the ending. Everything turned out how one would expect it from her writing... I mean, Hermione with Ron (it was kind of sickening how they just fell into each other's arms too), Harry with Ginny... rrrr. PLUS SNAPE FREAKING DIED!! RRRRR! He was my most favorite evil dude!!!

It was a good book, but... rrr. Like I said, whilst I was reading the end, I started to guess what would happen and I really wish that didn't. But it was enjoyable and I really wish there was one more book instead of the tacked-on, totally canon epilogue (who wouldn't?)

END SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-amanda

When Snape killed Optimus Prime, and Voldemort "did" the Spider Pig, and Draco Malfoy turned into Mickey Mouse, Then Goofy appeared and killed Beatrix Lestrange whilst yelling, "NOT MY DOG YOU B****!" Then all of a sudden Harry Potter turned into Mr. Fantastic and stretched out around Marge Simpson, while Homer was extremely jealous, and then the world BLEW UP and they all lived hapilly ever after with the little elf.

It was all so predictable!

So... I thought the book was crap...

SPOILERS.

"Let's look for a horcrux, oh no we're trapped, oh look a handy dragon to get us out of here and evade capture once again"

19 Years Later. Christ sake woman how fudging pansy can you get? This book is by far the worst of the lot. She's tried to put SO much in and failed. The deaths hardly moved me. Oh and Snape being good was SO DAMN OBVIOUS. And Harry the last Horcrux, well I fudging never....

UGH A waste of £5.

Ugh, and to think you wasted 4 Euro buying me a beer! You'll have to buy me another after comments like that!! Come off it Ed, this was a great book. I'm amazed how she managed to tie the previous six books together and delved even further into a world that was already so intricately created. The escapes and explanations are certainly no more incredulous than the other books with the way he gets out of things. I can't believe you didn't like the book and somehow I still like you! You must be pretty damn cool, Ed.

**** MORE SPOILERS ****

I do wonder, however, why so little was said about Teddy Tonks in the epilogue. Wouldn't Harry have raised him since he was his godfather? Or does that sort of relationship work differently than in the U.S.? Or was it because there were other family members to care for him that I either forget or that weren't mentioned? The only Tonks that I thought survived was Dora's mother.

Oh, and Rowling is currently working on two books, one for kids, one for adults. There was an article in Thursdays USA Today, but I couldn't read it until a few minutes ago since I just finished the book and I was terrified of the spoilers. Thank goodness for a really long drive home from southern Virginia to northern Indiana!

This book is fantastic. It is everything I hoped for and much, much more.

I've read it twice now.

MASSIVE SPOILERS (names of all deceased):

I'm going to be pretty effing mad if this movie isn't totally awesome. The Battle of Hogwarts was, IMO, the best fight scene ever.

This book is deliciously dark and far more mature than all the others put together.

Blimey, over 20 people die in this book, and every single one adds to the story.

1 - Professor Burbage

2 - Hedwig

3 - Mad-Eye Moody

4 - Rufus Scrimgeor

5 - German woman

6 - Gregorovitch

7 - Bathilda Bagshot

8 - Ted Tonks

9 - Dirk Cresswell

10 - Gornuk

11 - Peter Pettigrew

12 - Dobby

13 - Vincent Crabbe

14 - Fred Weasley

15 - Fenrir Greyback

16 - Severus Snape

17 - Remus Lupin

18 - Nymphadora Tonks

19 - Colin Creevey

20 - Harry Potter

21 - Bellatrix Lestrange

22 - Tom Riddle

I was in tears more than once (I don't care, these people were like family). The end was spot on.

This book is perfect.

Thank you so much for the ride, Joanne.

SPOILERS PEOPLE!!!!!!

Some people have complained here about the ending, Harry's death and how he came back. What was brilliant is how she made it all work out. Voldemort's death was perfect too, seeing how he's spent years and years looking for ways to overcome death and ultimately how his fear of death and his lust for power and immortality was his undoing. He brought his destruction on himself. And someone described Mrs. Weasley's quote as her "Aliens moment" LOVED it. "NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!!!" Bellatrix finally got what was coming to her.

I think more work could have been put into the "19 Years Later" bit. I mean really, I'm a romantic at heart so I'd love to know how Ginny and harry actually hook up, as well as who raises Teddy and all that stuff. It was just too short for me. (The epilogue, not the whole book.)

I actually just heard that the epilogue in the British version is longer.

Spoiler alert!

For all of you who think that Harry actually dies and comes back to life he does not, because when he was in between death and life with Dumbledore he was given the choice to live or die. I also found it hilarious how Mrs. Dursley tried to get into Hogwarts as a kid !

One last comment Rowling was originally going to kill Mr.Weasley and not Tonks or Lupin.

I was just curious but how many of got one of the copies with missing pages?

I think more work could have been put into the "19 Years Later" bit. I mean really, I'm a romantic at heart so I'd love to know how Ginny and harry actually hook up, as well as who raises Teddy and all that stuff. It was just too short for me. (The epilogue, not the whole book.)

She originally had a longer version that explained a lot more, but she thought it was badly written. I'm fine with this one. I don't think we really need to know all of that. Anyway, she wants to do a "Harry Potter Encyclopedia" some day, so you'll find out then.

I enjoyed the book, but I don't think it was the best one.

I love Snape. What a legend lol. I loved how Lily used to call him Sev!

I had worked out that Harry would be a horocrux and I knew that Ron and Hermoine would get together but I think it was a little rushed. I also wish that there was more of the aftermath, like what happened after the death etc. I liked the bit at the end, because it gave direction but I would love to hear what happened with the other characters, ie, Who is headmaster of hogwarts? What happened to Luna? How is George coping without Fred?

JK Rowling's website is usually good with stuff like that. Maybe she will update it. She also lives quite near my work. Maybe I will ask her lol!!