TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Oktoberfest 2007

Zenny

So this year will probably be my last chance to go to Oktoberfest (been here since '04, what a crime, eh? ) and I'm definitely planning on heading on down to Munich in September for some beer-goodness and all around good times. As my only experience as far as Munich and Bavarian beer is limited to what I got at the Hofbräuhaus, if anyone can give me a few tips, I'd appreciate it, be you locals or past attendees. What I need to know is:

-which is probably the best tent to book or get into...I know Belgian beer, but German and Bavarian is really foreign to me. Some tents are harder to get into, and some are just really huge, so which way should I be pointed to? Also, how late is too late or too early to book?

-are hotels going to be booked up super quick? It'll be just my wife and my visiting best friend going, so I don't know what would be available.

-how late do the trains run from the area, and for that matter, is the train station close by, or do you have to take a bus? This is for if we can't get a hotel in the area, I can always hop a train and shack up at some military base hotel.

-how close is the Theresienwiese from say, the Residenz or Marienplatz...areas of Munich I'm more familiar with...is it walking distance?

-is anyone else here attending?

I appreciate in advance any help on these Q's!

Don 'hopefully I can make it past 4 Maß' Anderson

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic